Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Peter Mannino got his 2nd shutout in 4 games as the Chicago Wolves now lead the series with Milwaukee 3-1.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Ladies held their lead on the links today, despite a less-stellar day. Viz's link below (above) will bring you to the standings.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        Ladies held their lead on the links today, despite a less-stellar day. Viz's link below (above) will bring you to the standings.

r
        Here's the link:
        http://www.golfstatresults.com//publ...yers_1750.html
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Something I came across from the 60th Celebration last fall and put in the blog for everyone's enjoyment.

The Magnificent Seven
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Kevin Dineen's Portland Pirates were eliminated from AHL playoffs by Manchester tonite.

Comment

The Blackhawks Top 20 of All Time (excludes current players)
              Koroll and Maggie make the list.
              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ago-blackhawks
              GO DU !!!

Comment

US under 18s defeated Finland 5-0. Nick Shore with two goals and an assist.

Comment

I highly recommend this deep article on Michigan Coach Red Berenson. It mentions former DU coach Murray Armstrong as playing a key role in shaping Berenson's future, but more than that, the article gets into the importance of character in athletes and coaching - really fascinating.It is one of the best articles I've ever read in a student newspaper.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...acher?page=0,0

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    US under 18s defeated Finland 5-0. Nick Shore with two goals and an assist.
                    The US team will now go for its second straight gold medal in the U18 tourney.
                    They will face either Russia or Sweden on Friday.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      I highly recommend this deep article on Michigan Coach Red Berenson. It mentions former DU coach Murray Armstrong as playing a key role in shaping Berenson's future, but more than that, the article gets into the importance of character in athletes and coaching - really fascinating.It is one of the best articles I've ever read in a student newspaper.

Great article!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Fantastic article!
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Great read. "Hockey bums" eh? Hmmmmm
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Lady Linksters cleaned house in the final round of the SBC Championships. Team shot +1 overall, winning by 34 strokes over Middle Tennessee State. Individually, Kim received Medalist honors w/ a -1, 215. DU also placed 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th out of 55 golfers.

Link

Next up: NCAA Regionals in a couple weeks.

r

Comment

Front page story from today's Denver Post.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

I came across this little piece on Murray Armstrong that appeared a year or so ago on a Regina Pats history web site:

http://www.reginapatshistory.com/200...-57-wcjhl.html

Some of the tidbits I didn't know about Murray:

-Murray once turned down an offer to coach the New York Rangers
                                -I knew that when he signed at DU, Murray not only guranteed a NCAA title in three years to his athletic director (he did in in two years) but I didn't know that he said he'd resign if he didn't do it.
                                -DU started him at $7,000 a year in 1956. In today's money, that's about $56,000 - quite a bargain!

Comment

Working...
                                X