Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Matt Carle helped put the nail in the Rangers coffin by scoring the tying goal in the 3rd period on the PP to make it 1-1. The Flyers went on to win in a shootout and knock the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Bagman is in mourning today.
    I take little solace in the fact that a former Pio helped finish them. btw I am not Pessimisticfan on DG's blog :-)
    Last edited by Bagman; 04-12-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Before the game with the Rangers, the Flyers announced their team awards. Of special note:
      Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Trophy
      Defenseman Matt Carle has won the Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Trophy as the Flyer who has most improved from the previous season, as voted by his teammates.

In his second season with the Flyers, Carle has 34 points (5G,29A) and 16 penalty minutes in 79 games. He also has a plus/minus rating of +19 and averages 23:18 of time-on-ice per game, both of which rank second on the Flyers. In his fifth season in the NHL, Carle appeared in his 300th NHL game on Mar. 23 at Ottawa, and his 100th game as a Flyer on Dec. 23 at Tampa Bay. On Oct. 10 vs. Anaheim, he recorded a new career high for time-on-ice in a game (32:03) and in the Flyers home opener on Oct. 6 vs. Washington, Carle recorded four assists in the second period, marking a new Flyers record for most assists in a period by a defenseman, which also tied the NHL record for most assists in one period by a defenseman.
      (Add 1 more goal for last night)
      The award was presented by Flyers captain Mike Richards.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=524899&navid=DL|PHI|home
      GO DU !!!

Comment

AHL Regular Season is over and Rock and Big Joe had these stats to close out the year.

Rock - 5 games 0G, 2A, 2Pts., +2, Bridgeport will be playing Hershey in the Calder Cup Playoffs

Big Joe - 6 games 0G, 2A, 2Pts, -8, Providence is finished for the season.
        Last edited by du78; 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

AHL Regular Season is over and Rock and Big Joe had these stats to close out the year.

Rock - 5 games 0G, 2A, 2Pts., +2, Bridgeport will be playing Hershey in the Calder Cup Playoffs

Big Joe - 6 games 0G, 2A, 2Pts, -8, Providence is finished for the season.
          DU guys in the AHL playoffs:

Gabe Gauthier & Patrick Mullen - Manchester Monarchs vs. Portland Pirates
          Rhett Rakhshani - Bridgeport Sound Tigers vs. Hershey Bears
          Peter Mannino & Kevin Doell - Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals
          Brock Trotter - Hamilton Bulldogs vs. Manitoba Moose

Also, Berkhoel played 7 games for WBS this year, they play Albany. Not sure if he'll be called up from Wheeling, or if they'll stick with Curry/Theissen.

If you're bored, check out the Norwich 09/10 highlight video. Beware, it's 13+ min long.

r
          Last edited by cetihcra; 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            It took a former Pioneer to coach them there. Ricci was a very good DU player in the Serratorre era, and it's great to see him have success in coaching. Well done, Angelo.
            Angelo scored one of the prettiest goals I've ever seen. Don't remember any of the relevant details except that a pass from the defensive zone found him streaking in toward the opposition goal, on side, and he just walked in for the score. I was watching on TV in Omaha. It was a thing of beauty.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

Gabe Gauthier - Manchester Monarchs vs. Portland Pirates

Also, Berkhoel played 7 games for WBS this year, they play Albany. Not sure if he'll be called up from Wheeling, or if they'll stick with Curry/Theissen.

If you're bored, check out the Norwich 09/10 highlight video. Beware, it's 13+ min long.

r
              What is Pat Mullen's status at Manchester?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                What is Pat Mullen's status at Manchester?
                Ahh yes, missed him -- corrected. He played 44 games for Manch, includes most of the 2nd half of the season.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

Gabe Gauthier & Patrick Mullen - Manchester Monarchs vs. Portland Pirates

r
                  Kevin Dineen is the Portland Coach.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Happy Birthday du78

57 years old today

Coincidence?

I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      Happy Birthday du78

57 years old today

Coincidence?

I think not.
                      Happy Birthday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        DU's NHL players heading to the playoffs regular season stats:

Paul Stastny 79 points plus 2
                        Matt Carle 35 points plus 19
                        Chris Butler 21 points minus 15
                        Is Matt Pettinger still playing fourth line center for Vancouver? I believe he played for the Canucks over the weekend.
                        Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM.
                        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          Happy Birthday du78

57 years old today

Coincidence?

I think not.
                          Happy birthday, youngster!
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Angelo scored one of the prettiest goals I've ever seen. Don't remember any of the relevant details except that a pass from the defensive zone found him streaking in toward the opposition goal, on side, and he just walked in for the score. I was watching on TV in Omaha. It was a thing of beauty.
                            I'm sure I remember that goal. The way I recall it, he went coast to coast skating through and around everyone for the awesome move on the goaltender. It wasn't against CC, but I was with 2 CC grads who couldn't help but cheer. He was so much fun to watch!!
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Thanks for the wishes, may the force of 57 haunt CC forever!!!!!

Pettinger played in Vancouver's last 2 games of the season after not playing in the NHL since November. Not sure if he is eligible for the playoff roster.
                              Last edited by du78; 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Thanks for the wishes, may the force of 57 haunt CC forever!!!!!
                                Happy Birthday du78! But herein lies the mystery. At 57, you would have graduated 1974! Plus I've noticed you always know about the players in the early 70s. I graduated in '79 and know nothing about those guys. So my question is, what's up with the 78? Grad school?, Law, Med?

signed, dmann79

Then again, maybe this is classified information.
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X