Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Team #29 not post #29.
    Thanks, (embarassed smiley face, ). Do I need to read the whole thread or can you recommend a page #?
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      Thanks, (embarassed smiley face, ). Do I need to read the whole thread or can you recommend a page #?
      Nevermind, (I just started reading the thread and saw how it works, like I said, nevermind!!!
      Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

For anybody else who doesn't want to read the whole thread--
        1985-86 team is on pg. 15
        1977-78 team is on pg. 16
        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Final Central Scouting Rankings for North American skaters.

Beau Bennett #32
          Jason Zucker#51

Goalie Sam Brittain #8 [among North American goalies]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...year=2010&pg=1
          Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 04-07-2010, 11:49 AM.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            Final Central Scouting Rankings for North American skaters.

Beau Bennett #32
            Jason Zucker#51

Goalie Sam Brittain #8 [among North American goalies]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...year=2010&pg=1
            Bennett up 16 slots from the mid-term reports and Zucker up 4. As the list that Bennett and Zucker are on excludes Euro players and all goalies, Bennett looks like he could go in the 2nd round and Zucker will probably go in the 3rd. You never know because some team may like either of them and grab them before someone elses has a chance.

All three DU recruits have been invited to the NHL Combine which is for the top 100 players. This suggest that all of them will likely be picked in the top 3 rounds.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Chambers reporting that Quentin Shore playing for the USNDP U-17 team next season and possibly follow in his brothers' footsteps to DU. Gwoz has reportedly offered him a scholie for 2012.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...sndp-maybe-du/

I can only think of the 3 Berry brothers as 3 siblings playing for DU.

Chambers also spoke with goalie Adam Murray. Murray says rumors of him going back to Alaska are just that, rumors. He will be at DU next season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...will-be-young/
              Last edited by du78; 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

I guess the Shore Line is a good possibility, assuming Drew and Nick aren't lured away.

Isn't there another brother, Baker?
                GO DU !!!

Comment

INCH All Americans:
                  !st Team--Marc Cheverie and Rhett Rakhshani
                  "Cheverie earned INCH Goalie of the Year honors (and this spot) for two reasons. One was his 7-2-0 record with four shutouts in games immediately following a DU loss. The other was his play during a nine-game win streak late in the season; Cheverie started eight of those games and allowed a total of 11 goals.

No one was more dependable than Rakhshani, who didn't have a scoring streak of more than six games in a row, but also wasn't held scoreless in back-to-back games all season. He may have been the most clutch skater in the nation, too; whenever DU needed a goal or someone to make a play, Rakhshani was there."

3rd Team Patrick Wiercioch

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...nchaa_2010.htm
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Chambers reporting that Quentin Shore playing for the USNDP U-17 team next season and possibly follow in his brothers' footsteps to DU. Gwoz has reportedly offered him a scholie for 2012.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...sndp-maybe-du/

I can only think of the 3 Berry brothers as 3 siblings playing for DU.

Chambers also spoke with goalie Adam Murray. Murray says rumors of him going back to Alaska are just that, rumors. He will be at DU next season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...will-be-young/
                    You know, we're a funny inconsistent bunch. Earlier in the season it was "OMG, Murray's killing us, when will Chevy be back in the lineup?" Now it's "thank God we'll have some experience back there next year." I'm guessing he'll turn out to be fine and that shelling he took from UAA will be an unpleasant, and rarely thought of, memory. And I absolutely include myself in the above.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      You know, we're a funny inconsistent bunch. Earlier in the season it was "OMG, Murray's killing us, when will Chevy be back in the lineup?" Now it's "thank God we'll have some experience back there next year." I'm guessing he'll turn out to be fine and that shelling he took from UAA will be an unpleasant, and rarely thought of, memory. And I absolutely include myself in the above.
                      According to a commenter on the Blog, Chevy signed with Florida. So now the Murray & Brittain Era begins.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                        According to a commenter on the Blog, Chevy signed with Florida. So now the Murray & Brittain Era begins.
                        Oh God!!!
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

DG, could you please give us all kinds of good information about these two and how awesome they are?
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

Nothing on the Florida Panthers site yet.

Florida's current goalie situation. Markstrom is expected to sign this summer as his Swedish contract is up.

NHL
                            Tomas Vokoun - starter
                            Scott Clemmensen - back-up

AHL
                            Alexander Salak - starter (Signed as a free agent)
                            Tyler Plante - back-up (2nd round 2005)

In the wings
                            Jakob Markstrom (2nd round, 1st pick 2008)
                            Marc Cheverie (7th round, 2006)

Comment

Nothing on the Florida Panthers site yet.
                              Supposedly its on Chevy's Facebook Page under "status."

Looking at DU's goaltender situation for next season. Murray was very raw this past season (3-4-1, 3.79 GAA, .874 SV%). He really needs to step it up next season. Chevy made huge strides between his Freshman & Sophomore year and DU has to be hoping that a year under Lalonde is the magic tonic.

Murray was three years younger than Mannino was as a Freshman and similar in age to Berkhoel. Berkhoel started in 15 games as a Freshman, but certainly didn't light the world on fire (7-5-1, 3.07 GAA, .884 SV%).

Brittain is also highly touted and should be drafted this summer. At 6'1 & 215 lbs it sounds like he's built like Testwuide. In fact Brittain will be the heaviest player on the team next season. The NHL scouts really like this guy, so that's encouraging.

Comment

Brittain is also highly touted and should be drafted this summer. At 6'1 & 215 lbs it sounds like he's built like Testwuide. In fact Brittain will be the heaviest player on the team next season. The NHL scouts really like this guy, so that's encouraging.
                                That's it, say more things like that!!
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X