Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Wisconsin D-man Cody Golubef has been suspended by the WCHA for today's third place gamevs DU for a contact to the head penalty yesterday vs SCSU.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      If I ever hear those announcers again I'm going to kill myself!!! Woog was incomprehesable the whole night and the other clown was so unbelievably biased it was disgusting . I can see if it had been against Minny, but UND ****!!!!! I think I'm more ****ed off about them than I am about the game
      Mazzocco plays homey to the bigger & closer market (which is Gopher Nation 99% of the time). He helps the network sell ads by adding interest. Everything you heard him say positive about UND last night, he will say about SCSU tonight. Pretty transparent technique.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        DU hasn't lost back-to-back games all year and I expect a win this afternoon.

Go DU!!!!!
        Oops
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Unacceptable effort level from Denver this weekend, and the results reflect it.

Poor preparation, poor execution, poor performance all around.

Can't remember a flatter DU showing in a conference tourney.

Time for the coaches and seniors to find the right effort level, or DU won't be advancing in the NCAAs, and the season will be remembered as another failed opportunity.

This team has all the pieces, but it needs to show its' collective heart. Everybody in that program needs to question who they are and what they can do to give a better effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Unacceptable effort level from Denver this weekend, and the results reflect it.

Poor preparation, poor execution, poor performance all around.

Can't remember a flatter DU showing in a conference tourney.

Time for the coaches and seniors to find the right effort level, or DU won't be advancing in the NCAAs, and the season will be remembered as another failed opportunity.

This team has all the pieces, but it needs to show its' collective heart. Everybody in that program needs to question who they are and what they can do to give a better effort.
            We know that these games didn't mean a whole lot in regards to our NCAA positioning. However, just a bit of momentum heading into the more important tourney would have been nice. Very disappointing, to say the least...

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

WCHA tournament format once the league expands to 12 teams for the 2010-2011 season and beyond.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...NewFormat.html
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                We know that these games didn't mean a whole lot in regards to our NCAA positioning. However, just a bit of momentum heading into the more important tourney would have been nice. Very disappointing, to say the least...
                I am so proud of this team off the ice - the way they hit the books and set WCHA academic records, and the way they represent our school.

On the ice, they gave us fans joy in winning the MacNaughton, the Denver Cup and the Gold Pan, first-class performances to win all kinds of awards.

But so far in these playoffs, it's a different DU team. A lack of effort. A lack of grit and fire. Complacent and lazy. Unfocused. No jump.

Anytime you wear the Denver jersey in a game, it should represent your best effort. We have not seen the team's best effort yet in these playoffs, and from here on in, a second rate effort will end the season in a hurry.

These boys need to get in gear, now.

Comment

I was thinking okay, we laid an egg against the Sioux, but this club is too good, too proud not to come out smoking against Bucky. Then our Hobey finalist goalie and WCHA player of the year gets shelled and gives up three goals on 6? shots and gets pulled. Our first line, anchored by our other Hobey finalist, spends most of the 3rd period benched. Apart from another season ending injury, this is about the worst imaginable outcome. And a real punch to the solar plexus. My confidence has been shaken. But what about the team's? Can they reset themselves for the tournament?
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 03-20-2010, 05:39 PM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    WCHA tournament format once the league expands to 12 teams for the 2010-2011 season and beyond.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...NewFormat.html
                    Sounds like a good idea and there is enough interest in the WCHA tourney games to keep the interest level fairly high at the Xcel regardless of the exact format. Hell with one more team in the mix you'll probably have a little more interest. At the Joe when the CCHA used this format that first game on Thursday was often played in a horrible environment. One of the two Notre Dame participated in literally had just 100s of people in the stands over the first two periods. Can't see that happening for the WCHA regardless of who is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                      Sounds like a good idea and there is enough interest in the WCHA tourney games to keep the interest level fairly high at the Xcel regardless of the exact format. Hell with one more team in the mix you'll probably have a little more interest. At the Joe when the CCHA used this format that first game on Thursday was often played in a horrible environment. One of the two Notre Dame participated in literally had just 100s of people in the stands over the first two periods. Can't see that happening for the WCHA regardless of who is playing.
                      Next season [and beyond] with Minnesota, Duluth, St. Cloud, Bemidji and Mankato in the conference there's half a chance one of them will be playing in the first Thursday game. Since all five are from within the state I think attendance will be respectable.
                      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                        IMHO they'll be eliminating the 3rd place game one year too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          My confidence has been shaken. But what about the team's? Can they reset themselves for the tournament?

Up until today, DU had been very resilient. A bad outing was always followed with a good one, and the until today, DU had not lost twice in a row. Now we are in new territory for this team. The resilience did not materialize against Wisconsin, and DU is out of proverbial Mulligans.

The one thing that I like is that DU will likely be facing either RIT or Sacred Heart in the opener. Good teams they are, but they not at the level of UND and Wisconsin. If DU plays all out and hard, there is no reason they can't win the opener. From there, the confidence builds again, and St. Paul is in the rearview mirror by then. From there, Chevy needs to regain his form. He was lousy this weekend, and Lalonde needs to get Chevy to settle down and play his game.

Then the rest of the boys need to show up and play for their school and for each other. Redemption can be cathartic...
                          Last edited by Puck Swami; 03-20-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Up until today, DU had been very resilient. A bad outing was always followed with a good one, and the until today, DU had not lost twice in a row. Now we are in new territory for this team. The resilience did not materialize against Wisconsin, and DU is out of proverbial Mulligans.

The one thing that I like is that DU will likely be facing either RIT or Sacred Heart in the opener. Good teams they are, but they not at the level of UND and Wisconsin. If DU plays all out and hard, there is no reason they can't win the opener. From there, the confidence builds again, and St. Paul is in the rearview mirror by then. From there, Chevy needs to regain his form. He was lousy this weekend, and Lalonde needs to get Chevy to settle down and play his game.

Then the rest of the boys need to show up and play for their school and for each other. Redemption can be cathartic...
                            No doubt we've got a chance here for epic redemption. Just go on a little four game winning streak and bingo, one of the great moments in DU history. The team I want to see (and was expecting to see today) is the team that buried CC with 6 goals in the first 30 minutes. If that team shows up then we can hang a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              No doubt we've got a chance here for epic redemption. Just go on a little four game winning streak and bingo, one of the great moments in DU history. The team I want to see (and was expecting to see today) is the team that buried CC with 6 goals in the first 30 minutes. If that team shows up then we can hang a banner.
                              That 7-goal DU team is an ephermeral mirage. While DU put on a great effort, CC totally crapped the bed defensively in that game and made DU look better than they really are.

Our reality is this: DU is a 3.2 GPG team where 85% of its wins come by holding opponents to 2 GPG or less when Chevy is dominant in net. To win a championship, Chevy needs to be at the top of his game, DU needs a couple goals from the first line or PP, and a third goal from a Martin, Ostrow, etc.

The two 7-goal games DU had this year are outliers.

Comment

That 7-goal DU team is an ephermeral mirage. While DU put on a great effort, CC totally crapped the bed defensively in that game and made DU look better than they really are.

Our reality is this: DU is a 3.2 GPG team where 85% of its wins come by holding opponents to 2 GPG or less when Chevy is dominant in net. To win a championship, Chevy needs to be at the top of his game, DU needs a couple goals from the first line or PP, and a third goal from a Martin, Ostrow, etc.

The two 7-goal games DU had this year are outliers.
                                Stop it. You're killing me.

Comment

Working...
                                X