Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Justin Flaishans?
    He was an Arizona kid who played hockey in the Detroit area prior to the Omaha USHL. He played in two games as a freshman at DU, and when he didn't get ice time, he went back to juniors in the NAHL. I think he played club hockey at Arizona State after that...

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Justin Flaishans?
      Flaishans came in straight from midgets, I think Little Caesars. He wasn't ready and went to the NAHL then USHL, with the plan being for him to come back to DU after the USHL. But, I think he completely stopped playing hockey. His brother, Brad, did alright at UNH.

I guess he left DU for the USHL, then went to the NAHL the following season. http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=49609
      Last edited by Chris; 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Flaishans came in straight from midgets, I think Little Caesars. He wasn't ready and went to the NAHL then USHL, with the plan being for him to come back to DU after the USHL. But, I think he completely stopped playing hockey. His brother, Brad, did alright at UNH.
        He played club hockey at ASU after DU:

http://asuwebdevilarchive.asu.edu/is.../sports/309232

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

I hadn't realized he played club hockey. He was, at one point in time, considered a pretty good prospect. DU brought him in early just to assure that we had him. Hockey didn't quite work out for him as well as it was once projected it would...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

You guys are amazing!!! I was just having fun trying to say his name.
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

You guys are amazing!!! I was just having fun trying to say his name.
              My thoughts exactly! I'd imagine some of our posters have a list somewhere of guys who thought about playing hockey at DU but decided to run away and join the circus instead. "Oh, yeah, Fred Knurlman, he's a catcher for Ringling Brothers."
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                My thoughts exactly! I'd imagine some of our posters have a list somewhere of guys who thought about playing hockey at DU but decided to run away and join the circus instead. "Oh, yeah, Fred Knurlman, he's a catcher for Ringling Brothers."
                If he's a "catcher" for Ringling Brothers he was probably considering Colorado College.
                *****http://joeartistwriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/siegfried_roy_tiger_1_r.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Kelly Hrycun, he left around midway through his freshman season in '93 or so. He was from some ranch outside of Edmonton and wanted to get back to the ranch, from what I heard. That's as close as I can come -- roping cattle and breaking broncos, I suppose.

Comment

Kelly Hrycun, he left around midway through his freshman season in '93 or so. He was from some ranch outside of Edmonton and wanted to get back to the ranch, from what I heard. That's as close as I can come -- roping cattle and breaking broncos, I suppose.
                    I think DU was probably the highlight of his hockey career. He played for the Fresno Falcons of the Sunshine Hockey League, Eugene Snowcats of the North American League, Alaska Gold Kings, Idaho Steelheads, Bakersfield Fog and Condors of the West Coast Hockey League and ended his career playing 2 games with the Asheville Smoke of the United Hockey League in 1999.
                    Now he's probably back at the ranch.

(Had to look up the leagues because they no longer exist. I think the Steelheads and Condors play in the ECHL now.)
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      I think DU was probably the highlight of his hockey career. He played for the Fresno Falcons of the Sunshine Hockey League, Eugene Snowcats of the North American League, Alaska Gold Kings, Idaho Steelheads, Bakersfield Fog and Condors of the West Coast Hockey League and ended his career playing 2 games with the Asheville Smoke of the United Hockey League in 1999.
                      Now he's probably back at the ranch.

(Had to look up the leagues because they no longer exist. I think the Steelheads and Condors play in the ECHL now.)
                      He probably has some great memories from all those low-minor league places. To be paid to play a game you love for a living, even a low-minor living, is something that only .003% of all hockey players will ever do. Might not have made much money, but he probably had more fun than most of his classmates did driving a cubicle in some office park...

Comment

That name reminds me of that Hobey Baker winner from UND something like Hyrkes? Hyrkes circus?, remember him? He was amazing!!!
                        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Okay, now some of you are just showing off. Stop it!

Comment

That name reminds me of that Hobey Baker winner from UND something like Hyrkes? Hyrkes circus?, remember him? He was amazing!!!
                            Tony Hrkcac, from Thunder Bay. Won the Hobey and the NC in 1987 for the Sioux with 116 points, back in the late 80s when there was little defense and 6-5 scores were the norm in college hockey.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Colborne(2) and Rakhshani both have assists in their AHL debuts tonight.
                              Last edited by Bagman; 04-02-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                                Colborne(2) and Rakhshani both have assists in their AHL debuts tonight.
                                That just breaks my heart. Those points should be scored against Bucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X