Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Ok, after this post I'm going to get a life

Former Pioneers playing in the ECHL
    Wheeling Wailers-Adam Berkhoel
    Victoria Salmon Kings-Glenn Fisher
    Utah Grizzlies-Tom May
    Alaska Aces-T.J. Fast
    It's way too late for that!
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Just scanned the AHL rosters to see what former Pioneers Big Joe will be playing against.

In the East:
      Ryan Dingle-Adirondack Phantoms
      Geoff Paukovich-Springfield Falcons
      Gabe Gauthier-Manchester Monarchs
      Patrick Mullen-Manchester Monarchs

From the West:
      Wade Dubielwicz-Houston Aeros
      J.P. Testwuide-Houston Aeros
      Kevin Doell-Chicago Wolves
      Peter Mannino-Chicago Wolves
      Brett Skinner-Lake Erie Monsters
      Brock Trotter-Hamilton Bulldogs
      Keith Seabrook-Hamilton Bulldogs

There are a lot of familiar names on the rosters including recent signees.
      The best of the pioneers are well represented in the minors!

Comment

I'm on the Bruins mailing list and got an announcement that Colborne had been signed along with three others.
        http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=523421&navid=DL|BOS|home&elq=f7e0ca37783e4ab6ba953de704d99bd6

Good luck to him - the Bruins could use the help
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

The offseason sucks!!! This is the third straight time that we should be talking about our plans for the Frozen Four, and instead our attention is on depressing news about players leaving early. And underdogs like RIT are busy talking about Detroit.

C'mon, Gwoz, you gotta do better than this. You owe us! (Ok, not really...but kind of.)

13 draft picks, #1 team, and 0 Frozen Four = fail.

(Though not as bad as Minnesota's 72 draft picks and 0 Frozen Four.)

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            The offseason sucks!!! This is the third straight time that we should be talking about our plans for the Frozen Four, and instead our attention is on depressing news about players leaving early. And underdogs like RIT are busy talking about Detroit.

C'mon, Gwoz, you gotta do better than this. You owe us! (Ok, not really...but kind of.)

I agree, this is maddening!! This was our year!!! Which year was it we lost to Mich. at Yost? I feel the same now as I did then!! **** it!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Pablo View Post

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              I agree, this is maddening!! This was our year!!! Which year was it we lost to Mich. at Yost? I feel the same now as I did then!! **** it!!
              Unexpected losses are never easy to handle. However, you should do what I'm doing right now. Ask yourself this question: "If I could go back in time, switch my school and my allegiance to their hockey team from my current situation (in my case UND) to any other program, would I do it?"

Your answer will likely be like mine, "no", and you'll realize how lucky you have it.

I mean seriously, and no disrespect, but do you want to be an RIT hockey fan instead of a DU hockey fan?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sure, not going the Frozen Four sucks for DU fans, but remember, sports, by nature, thrive on uncertainty (especially college sports) of outcomes and that's why we all love it so much.

If we wanted certain outcomes, we'd all be opera fans.

(p.s. that's why I love both Hockey and Opera).

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Chevy named CHN Player of the Year. Congrats to Chevy on a great season!!!!

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...1_cheverie.php
                  Just wanted to ditto this sentiment. Cheverie played great all the way through the end. Great season, guys!
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                    Yikes! Opera and hockey. Sounds like you and i have something to fight about, sir!!! It has to be chamber music and hockey. Ain't nuthin bettuh than a string qwahtet. For real uncertainty, i prefer to watch nature work on my trail and other backcountry maintenance work.
                    Pioneers are renaissance men and women.

I subscribe to Friend of Chamber music here in Denver, too. And even get full CSO symphonies in about 10 times per year. But I draw the line at Ballet. No way.
                    Last edited by Puck Swami; 03-31-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Chevy misses out on the hat trick. Sure, the last 3 games didn't help, but DU's Marc Cheverie had a great season! He was the backbone of the team.
                      Congrats to Marc!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Unexpected losses are never easy to handle. However, you should do what I'm doing right now. Ask yourself this question: "If I could go back in time, switch my school and my allegiance to their hockey team from my current situation (in my case UND) to any other program, would I do it?"

Your answer will likely be like mine, "no", and you'll realize how lucky you have it.

I mean seriously, and no disrespect, but do you want to be an RIT hockey fan instead of a DU hockey fan?
                        Ha ha, good point. I think I got spoiled in 04 and 05. And now the normalcy of disappointment with my sports teams is coming back. If it wasn't for Ohio State football in 02 and DU hockey in 04 and 05, I would be Zero-for-My-Lifetime as a sports fan. I'm glad to have had the interlude of success.

I might not want to be an RIT hockey fan on a long-term basis, but they sure are having a blast this week! Good for them. Success as an underdog is a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          It's way too late for that!
                          My new life lasted all of 3 hours.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

finally got the gallery added to the RIT/Denver game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/03/26/rit-du.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Rakhshani signs with the Islanders:

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/page.h...id=DL|NYI|home

All the best Rak

Comment

Originally posted by Jori_DSF View Post
                                Rakhshani signs with the Islanders:

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/page.h...id=DL|NYI|home

All the best Rak
                                Congrats and good luck to Rhett. A bit lost in the disappointment of an early exit from the NCAA tournament, is what an amazing player Rhett has been for DU. A skilled and effective player on the ice, and a class act off the ice. I appreciated and admired his decision to stick around for his senior year at DU. It didn't end like any of us wanted, but Rhett went out as captain of a WCHA championship team, and he'll be known as one of the best Pioneer forwards of recent times.

Thanks, Rhett!

Comment

Working...
                                X