Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Colborne could have played three more years for Camrose. I don't recall anyone here complaining about him walking out on them.
    Camrose a degree granting institution? What an absurd comparison, but then, consider the source.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 03-29-2010, 09:33 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
      Goddard: Great meeting you and the 10 other DU fans who made it to Albany. How pathetic was our attendance.
      Anyway you are one terrific DU supporter and a great fan of college hockey in genral. (man enough to applaud R.I.T.'s effort after all was said and done)
      The DU, Coach, and Goddard bashing on your Blog is so out of line. You got lots of TV time Goddard and my female friends thought you were hot.

see ya down the road a piece,

peace, Dunker
      Interesting. Some of us DU fans have tickets to Detroit. Some of us DU fans aren't rich and didn't have money to go to BOTH the regional and the FF. I don't think I've seen you in section 18 during the whole regular season, so you can suck my nuts.
      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
      sigpic
      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
        Interesting. Some of us DU fans have tickets to Detroit. Some of us DU fans aren't rich and didn't have money to go to BOTH the regional and the FF. I don't think I've seen you in section 18 during the whole regular season, so you can suck my nuts.
        The DU attendance was pathetic. DU had a DC-9 charter plane that I'm guessing was half empty. They could of brought the band, interested students, given seats away to fans for a nominal "donation" or alums. The cost of the charter plane was probably double the NCAA travel stipend so DU had to come up with the other half of the money (I guessing around $10,000 or so).

DU also must have thousands of alums in NYC or Boston.

DU sold 19 three game packages to the Regional. RIT sold 1 three game package, but subsidized buses for the students. They had 400 students, plus their band there and another 600 fans on Friday.

Obviously Rochester is two hours away, but DU probably didn't do that well when the Regional was in the Springs.

Point is that DU is a national school that draws students from all over the country and goes back east to play hockey once every three years or so. Obviously no effort is being made to draw our fans to these events. Its a shame.

As it turned out, Albany was a fun little town.
        Last edited by dggoddard; 03-30-2010, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Come on co14ers, tell us how you really feel!!!

We're all in bad moods. This could last until, I don't know, October!!!
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

bump!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              The DU attendance was pathetic. DU had a DC-9 charter plane that I'm guessing was half empty. They could of brought the band, interested students, given seats away to fans for a nominal "donation" or alums. The cost of the charter plane was probably double the NCAA travel stipend so DU had to come up with the other half of the money (I guessing around $10,000 or so).

DU also must have thousands of alums in NYC or Boston.

DU sold 19 three game packages to the Regional. RIT sold 1 three game package, but subsidized buses for the students. They had 400 students, plus their band there and another 600 fans on Friday.

Obviously Rochester is two hours away, but DU probably didn't do that well when the Regional was in the Springs.

Point is that DU is a national school that draws students from all over the country and goes back east to play hockey once every three years or so. Obviously no effort is being made to draw our fans to these events. Its a shame.

As it turned out, Albany was a fun little town.

DU could have done more to generate attendance in Albany, certainly.

However. the fact that only a tiny handful of DU folks saw us lose to RIT live may have been a blessing in disguise...

Comment

looking foward to the FF. Who else is going. Baseball, beer, hockey not a bad set up.

Comment

Hi moron. Or is that gay moron. (not that there is anything wrong with being gay) I live in NJ and see DU play everytime they come East. That includes men's and woman's lacrosse as well as hoops. I even followed recruit Kimberly Kim around Trump National. (like u know what I'm referring to here)
                  Watch who you make assinine comments to before you get kicked in the nuts. Grow up schmuck.

Comment

Hockeys Future has Colborne listed as #28. But adds continued progress to play at an NHL level. Hope the progress is at DU.

Ottawa has 2 Dmen listed Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen, #s 23 and 41 respectively. Wiercioch not listed in the top 50 dated 3.25.10. Maybe he should play another year at DU.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_...ects/?start=20
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

The Bruins have signed 2008 first round draft pick Joe Colborne, according to a source, and he’ll report to Providence tomorrow.

Colborne signed a three-year entry level deal that’s worth $787,500 annually in base pay and could be bumped up to $1.1 million in bonuses.
                      http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...orne-on-board/

Not really sure what's true anymore.
                      Last edited by PiosAvsFan; 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM.
                      GO AVS!!!

.\ \
                      ..\ \
                      ...\ \ _____ GO DU!!!
                      ....\_////////)

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                        Hi moron. Or is that gay moron. (not that there is anything wrong with being gay) I live in NJ
                        Stunned.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PiosAvsFan View Post

#@$%&* I hate this uncertainty. It's like getting last minute stays of execution.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by PiosAvsFan View Post

Chambers ran with this report and is also saying he signed.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...s-with-bruins/

Chambers also thinks Chevy will sign with Florida foregoing his senior year and sophomore-to-be Adam Murray and recruit Sam Brittain will be the DU goaltending duo next season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...with-panthers/
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Hockeys Future has Colborne listed as #28. But adds continued progress to play at an NHL level. Hope the progress is at DU.

Ottawa has 2 Dmen listed Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen, #s 23 and 41 respectively. Wiercioch not listed in the top 50 dated 3.25.10. Maybe he should play another year at DU.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_...ects/?start=20
                              Patrick is listed as the #3 top prospect for Ottawa behind Karlsson and Cowen who were both 1st rounders. Ottawa's top 3 prospects are all d-men.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ts_spring2010/

Joe Colborne is rated the Bruins #2 top prospect behind goalie Tuukka Rask who is already playing for Boston.

Chevy is rated Florida's #15 top prospect and the 3rd goalie behind two Euro goalies that are rated #1 and #5. Drew Shore rated #8 in the Florida organization and John Lee is an "other notable".

Last edited by du78; 03-30-2010, 10:37 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Assuming all three underclassmen leave for NHL contracts, DU is probably looking at 3-6 WCHA finish next year with an outside shot at the NCAAs. There is a pretty large senior class returning - 10 or 11 seniors to be (some rarely play) so a depth of experience will still be there, and the incoming freshmen talent is exciting.

The Pioneers will be pretty unkown in goal with Murray and Brittian, but have a very solid top 6 on defense (Nutini, Ryder, Lee, Wrenn, Phiilips and Donovan) and a mostly small but decent returning group of forwards in Martin, Kyle Ostrow, Maiani, Shore, Salazar, Knowlton, and Jackson that will probably struggle to produce 3 goals per game without Bennett and Zucker being 25-point guys right off the bat. DU is going to need to win with defense and goaltending.

The problem next year for DU is that the schedule is really front loaded again - teams like Vermont, BC, Wisconsin, and North Dakota appear early, so DU will probably need to tread water early and peak late to have a shot.
                                Last edited by Puck Swami; 03-30-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X