Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Chevy's Hobey chances took a huge hit last weekend. Those were national showcase games, and he did not execute nearly at the level where he should have been, and the DU team around him was even worse.

This DU team needs to find it's collective heart. The sporadic work ethic has been an issue all season for this team, but Chevy was always there to cover for the team when they didn't play well. Last weekend, it all came home to roost, and DU was exposed by two very good teams as an unmotivated team. We all know they are capable of so much better...

Now it's a new season. Up to four little hockey games. About 240 minutes to justify your whole season. If they can't get up to play hard for the next few games, they shouldn't even wear the Denver sweater. There is more than enough talent to make a run, but it has to come from within. Time to show up or go home.
    ". . .four little hockey games." Can I get an A-men?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
      The optimist in me says DU is going to be ****ed off after last weekend and play all tournament long like we did against BC in the third period where we stream-rolled one of the best teams in the country. Or, the time when we got down two goals to the Sioux in Grand Forks and scored 4 unanswered (?) to win. This team definitely has it in them, and the anger and embarrassment from last weekend will bring it out.

Also, while not winning games in a dominant fashion all season long, they did win, a lot. And that's what playoff hockey is all about, winning close games by doing just enough to win and riding a hot goalie. They've done this all year and it will continue into the playoffs. We have the best goalie and best first line in the country. Chevy, Rhett, Tyler and Joe will not let this team lose.

Last weekend was just a mirage and not indicative of this team. The games were meaningless, had no bearing on the NCAAs, and the team and coaching staff played them as exhibition games, not playoff games.

The pessimist in me says...shut up pessimist, I have no use for you right now

Add to all these statements with the fact that Cross-Czech will be doing a Three Wisemen shot prior to each of the next four games and our success is virtually assured. You will be doing that for all of us and the team, right Cross-Czech???!!!!
      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
      sigpic
      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        ". . .four little hockey games." Can I get an A-men?
        Amen.

I think Cross Check should be doing a shot for every goal this weekend, provided he has someone to drive him home.

I hear Campus Lounge is the place to be on Friday. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          Amen.

I think Cross Check should be doing a shot for every goal this weekend, provided he has someone to drive him home.
          I was going to say -- A shot before each game is a little light!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
            I was going to say -- A shot before each game is a little light!

r
            You are right. This is the playoffs. This is what we've been training for all season.

Its time to deliver an A-Team performance.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MVonyVSQoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MVonyVSQoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
              Try for a drink every time Gwoz says "no question" in a pre- or post-game interview.
              We'd be blitzed in 5 minutes.

Comment

Amen.

I hear Campus Lounge is the place to be on Friday. Just sayin'
                Not sure if they get ESPNU or not.

Comment

You are right. This is the playoffs. This is what we've been training for all season.

Its time to deliver an A-Team performance.
                  I like the 'every-goal' concept -- that's what we do when we watch at home. Shot of something we like when DU scores, shot of something we hate when our opponent scores. You must suffer with the team!

r

Comment

Not sure if they get ESPNU or not.
                    Last I knew they didn't, but that was a year or two ago. Same with Stadium.

r

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Okay. Who takes Maiani's spot on the second line wing?

Goal Czar? Vossberg? Glasser? Knowlton?

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                        I like the 'every-goal' concept -- that's what we do when we watch at home. Shot of something we like when DU scores, shot of something we hate when our opponent scores. You must suffer with the team!
                        That's a hell of an idea.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Okay. Who takes Maiani's spot on the second line wing?

Goal Czar? Vossberg? Glasser? Knowlton?
                          I vote for Glasser!! He has huge wheels and can be crafty like Maiami. It's his time to shine!!
                          Then again we've seen what Salazar can do when he's got great players feeding him great passes. The goal Czar can make a comeback and the other lines remain untouched. That's it I changed my mind... Goal Czar.

Then again...
                          Last edited by Dmann; 03-23-2010, 05:02 PM.
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

WCHBlog reports Notre Dame's Ian Cole signed with the Blues.

Here's the DU connection.
                            "Also, as a sidenote, apparently he's represented by Kevin Magnuson, former Michigan defenseman and son of the late DU and NHL great Keith Magnuson."

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....louis#comments
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Breaking News:

The Campus Lounge was hooked up with ESPN-U today.

Comment

Breaking News:

The Campus Lounge was hooked up with ESPN-U today.
                                sweeeeeeeet

I may be there for the games.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X