Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
    Her rack was that memorable, huh?

Any rack that has "Denver" written across it is a very nice rack

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
      Just playing a hunch. Must have been some other knowledgeable DU fan.
      Hitler, Sadam Hussein and now Puck Swami. All three use doppelgangers. Keeps 'em guessing.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

If you haven't taken a moment to make your selections as to which teams will make the Frozen Four this year here's an invitation to do so. Thanks for your particiaption.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89909
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

The Dunker comes out of hiding for NCAA Regionals. When thedunker goes to Eastern Regionals, DU wins National Championships.
          Where is everybody staying? I think near the Airport is good from checking out the Times Union Center site.. Newer hotels with better TV's for watching college Hoops after our victories.

go DU!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Hey du78, got any room in your car this Friday?
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
              The Dunker comes out of hiding for NCAA Regionals. When thedunker goes to Eastern Regionals, DU wins National Championships.
              Where is everybody staying? I think near the Airport is good from checking out the Times Union Center site.. Newer hotels with better TV's for watching college Hoops after our victories.

go DU!!
              Good. Bring the Mojo.

Can't speak for anyone else but Crowne Plaza for me. Hotwire $109 per nite.

Haven't heard where the team is staying yet.

We're going to have a good percentage of posters from this thread. At least six so far that I know of.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Hey du78, got any room in your car this Friday?
                I have room but I am going up on Saturday. Can't make the Friday game.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just got done listening to Sandy Clough's interview with George Gwozdecky on Sandy's "Clough Talk" show on FM 104.3 The Fan. A few interesting notes:

GG said that the coaching staff had discussed sitting Cheverie and the top line for the game on Saturday. Five minutes into the game, George said he wished he had. His benching of Cheverie and the top line was both due to wanting to rest them and for the way they were playing. George is happy that the consolation game will be a thing of the past starting next year.

Sandy brought up how Mullet and crew basically "dissed" Chevy and DU's chances in the tournament. George just kind of laughed it off and mentioned that he didn't think the Mullet follows college hockey much.

DU is traveling on Wednesday. They will have a full practice tomorrow and then again on Thursday in Albany. Maiani is definitely out and his replacement for the regional will not be decided until after the Thursday practice. There is a chance Maiani could be back for the Frozen Four.

--------

Sandy Clough does a really good job of giving DU hockey a good bit of airtime during his weeknightly show. He also writes a blog that may be of interest to the posters here. If you haven't read it, you can find it here.

Shoot him an email recognizing what he does for DU sports (in addition to having DU's hockey coaches and players on, he does the same of other DU sports -- he also had an interview with hoops coach Joe Scott tonight).
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

In today's Denver Post, Maiani to have surgery today.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      I have room but I am going up on Saturday. Can't make the Friday game.

Never mind, I was all excited last night plus a little wine.

This really sucks about Maiani. I was hoping we could go to this tournement 100% healthy, fat chance. I am so worried about this weekend, I don't even read the posts with the same swagger I did before last weekend's debacle!!!
                      I'm still scratching my head about last weekend, Maybe the players just didn't care that much about the Broadmoor trophy, they knew they were in the NCAAs already. But now, we're no longer ranked #1, our regional was probably different because of it and probably harder. Chevy is now human, who knows how damaged he is, ugh!!!! I need a Prozak the size of a hockey puck. Anyone out there have any words of optimism?
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                        Never mind, I was all excited last night plus a little wine.

This really sucks about Maiani. I was hoping we could go to this tournement 100% healthy, fat chance. I am so worried about this weekend, I don't even read the posts with the same swagger I did before last weekend's debacle!!!
                        I'm still scratching my head about last weekend, Maybe the players just didn't care that much about the Broadmoor trophy, they knew they were in the NCAAs already. But now, we're no longer ranked #1, our regional was probably different because of it and probably harder. Chevy is now human, who knows how damaged he is, ugh!!!! I need a Prozak the size of a hockey puck. Anyone out there have any words of optimism?
                        The optimist in me says DU is going to be ****ed off after last weekend and play all tournament long like we did against BC in the third period where we stream-rolled one of the best teams in the country. Or, the time when we got down two goals to the Sioux in Grand Forks and scored 4 unanswered (?) to win. This team definitely has it in them, and the anger and embarrassment from last weekend will bring it out.

Also, while not winning games in a dominant fashion all season long, they did win, a lot. And that's what playoff hockey is all about, winning close games by doing just enough to win and riding a hot goalie. They've done this all year and it will continue into the playoffs. We have the best goalie and best first line in the country. Chevy, Rhett, Tyler and Joe will not let this team lose.

Last weekend was just a mirage and not indicative of this team. The games were meaningless, had no bearing on the NCAAs, and the team and coaching staff played them as exhibition games, not playoff games.

The pessimist in me says...shut up pessimist, I have no use for you right now

Comment

I think we are all waiting to see the Pioneers play 60 minutes of the high caliber of hockey they are capable of. RIT is not to be overlooked and neither is the winner of Cornell/UNH.

Two of the best goalies in the nation will be in the nets this weekend. And I think a few Hobey votes will be cast based on their performances in Albany.

DU needs Chevy and RnR+C to really step it up for these games.

(I don't think I can take another weekend like the last one. )
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Rochester is 200 miles away from Albany but there are some $396 RT fares today on www.Kayak.com between Denver & Rochester on 25th returning on the 28th.

Hotwire can get you hotel & airfare for two people from Denver to Albany for $568 per person. Rental car extra.
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Two of the best goalies in the nation will be in the nets this weekend.
                              Closer to four of the best goalies, isn't it?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Chevy's Hobey chances took a huge hit last weekend. Those were national showcase games, and he did not execute nearly at the level where he should have been, and the DU team around him was even worse.

This DU team needs to find it's collective heart. The sporadic work ethic has been an issue all season for this team, but Chevy was always there to cover for the team when they didn't play well. Last weekend, it all came home to roost, and DU was exposed by two very good teams as an unmotivated team. We all know they are capable of so much better...

Now it's a new season. Up to four little hockey games. About 240 minutes to justify your whole season. If they can't get up to play hard for the next few games, they shouldn't even wear the Denver sweater. There is more than enough talent to make a run, but it has to come from within. Time to show up or go home.

Comment

Working...
                                X