An open an honest proposal for the WCHA final five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An open an honest proposal for the WCHA final five

Allright I get that this thing was a swing and a miss, but what peanut gallery idiot left the words "absolutely uncalled for" on my rep? If you're gonna show me that you're more man than I, at least have the chutzpah to be more of a man than me.
    Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

To add on to the downpour that has been this thread, other than travel, what "advantage" are the Gophers getting by it being at the X? The crowd? Its Gophers vs. everyone else, which comes out to be a wash. And hate to break it to you, but the Gophers play on an Olympic sized rink, not an NHL one, so there's no advantage there either.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
        Allright I get that this thing was a swing and a miss, but what peanut gallery idiot left the words "absolutely uncalled for" on my rep? If you're gonna show me that you're more man than I, at least have the chutzpah to be more of a man than me.
        this has been argued over so many times, many wcha fans just assumed you were trolling.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          To add on to the downpour that has been this thread, other than travel, what "advantage" are the Gophers getting by it being at the X? The crowd? Its Gophers vs. everyone else, which comes out to be a wash. And hate to break it to you, but the Gophers play on an Olympic sized rink, not an NHL one, so there's no advantage there either.
          Have you attended a game in which the Gophers are actually on the ice? It may be Gophs v World for the fans in the stands, but the Gophs still win.

The only thing wrong with the Final 5 in St. Paul is that the city needs more bars. It's tough to move around inside the existing ones.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

...in the little time I've spent following the game of college hockey...
            You don't say?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Have you attended a game in which the Gophers are actually on the ice?
              Been to multiple, and I'd give the Gophers more than half the crowd but only (at most) half the noise.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The only thing wrong with the Final 5 in St. Paul is that the city needs more bars. It's tough to move around inside the existing ones.
                Some of us are working on a plan to counteract this problem. If you have a few grand you're willing to risk, you can become part of the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  Some of us are working on a plan to counteract this problem. If you have a few grand you're willing to risk, you can become part of the solution.
                  "Santa Lucia's" on West 7th?

I would love to see Denver get a shot just to see how it would draw. I know our Denver contingent are skeptical of how it would do but a ski/hockey vacation would be epic.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    I would love to see Denver get a shot just to see how it would draw. I know our Denver contingent are skeptical of how it would do but a ski/hockey vacation would be epic.
                    I would like to see the WCHA move the F5 to Denver for the years that the X hosts the Frozen Four.

Comment

Agreed. I played inside the Eagle Street Grill with the band today and it looked crowded before we came in.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        The Joe had some hack cover band between games at GLI. Worked out as well as you think it did.
                        They thought it was an audition for the Futile Four. Your typical 'one and done' type promotion. Man, twitch, you really had to go make me remember that? See what this thread has done?
                        Anybody but Northern

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          "Santa Lucia's" on West 7th?
                          It'd probably be called the Rusty Spork, actually.

Another name that's in the running is the Double Doosh.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            I would like to see the WCHA move the F5 to Denver for the years that the X hosts the Frozen Four.
                            Realistically as someone who spent 18 years growing up in the Denver 'burbs I think the WCHA would make more $$ with it in Houghton than Denver, and i'm not being sarcastic this time.
                            Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Realistically as someone who spent 18 years growing up in the Denver 'burbs I think the WCHA would make more $$ with it in Houghton than Denver, and i'm not being sarcastic this time.
                              Denver would draw 7-8,000 for the WCHAs, and up to 16,000 if DU were in the finals. Hell, half of North Dakota's fan base lives here in Co. after leaving North Dakota. More money than Houghton, but less than St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                                Agreed. I played inside the Eagle Street Grill with the band today and it looked crowded before we came in.
                                I had gotten there just after noon--never even made it into the door before deciding on The Liffey.

Comment

Working...
                                X