* unanimous selection

Three Stars Award
    Bobby Butler, New Hampshire

Best Defensive Defensemen
    Justin Braun, Massachusetts

Inidividual Sportsmanship Award
    Ben Smith, Boston College

Scoring Champions
    B. Butler, UNH/G. Nyquist, Maine, 41 pts.

Best Goalie
    Carter Hutton, UMass-Lowell (2.35 GA, .920 save %)

Best Defensive Forward
    Ben Holmstrom, UMass-Lowell

Team Sportsmanship Award
    New Hampshire Wildcats

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...03/mar17ar.php
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Re: Hockey East Awards

That rookie team's a joke. First off, how does a team have 7 players? Second, I'd take any two of Chiasson, Mullane, Whitney, Vermeersch and Shemansky over Kreider and Stalberg. Kreider might be the most talented of that group, but he didn't have a good enough season to land on this team.

ETA: I agree with Rawlings, though, and I agree that those are the 3 best freshman defensemen. I just don't understand why all 3 made it. I'd take away Nicastro.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
      2009-10 All-Rookie Team
      Chris Rawlings (North Delta, B.C.) - Northeastern - Goaltender
      Brian Dumoulin (Biddeford, Maine) - Boston College - Defense
      Jake Newton (San Jacinto, Calif.) - Northeastern - Defense
      Max Nicastro (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) - Boston University - Defense
      Stephane Da Costa * (Paris, France) - Merrimack - Forward
      Chris Kreider (Boxford, Mass.) - Boston College - Forward
      Sebastian Stålberg (Gothenburg, Sweden) - Vermont - Forward
      * unanimous selection
      Weird to see two kids from Cali and one from France. Says a lot about hockey...
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        That rookie team's a joke. First off, how does a team have 7 players? Second, I'd take any two of Chiasson, Mullane, Whitney, Vermeersch and Shemansky over Kreider and Stalberg. Kreider might be the most talented of that group, but he didn't have a good enough season to land on this team.

ETA: I agree with Rawlings, though, and I agree that those are the 3 best freshman defensemen. I just don't understand why all 3 made it. I'd take away Nicastro.
        I thought it a bit absurd as well. Nicastro will probably be in the NHL someday and I thought played very solid at the end of the year but if he was on the Mack, NU, UMass, UML, PC, his name wouldn't be on this list.

Agreed with the forwards too. Until BC went on this February scoring binge, Kreider wasn't even on the radar. Heck, Brodhag had the same number of goals and more points and probably wasn't a consideration (I'm not saying he should have been, just pointing out the absurdity of the selection).

If they could add a D Man, they could easily add a forward spot or another goalie.

Comment

Biggest joke on the list is Braun as DD over Dehner. Neither the stats nor play on the ice support that pick.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            Biggest joke on the list is Braun as DD over Dehner. Neither the stats nor play on the ice support that pick.
            Although I agree that Dehner is the best defensive d-man in the conference, I'm not gonna go as far as calling it a "joke." Braun is very, very good, and not just offensively.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Although I agree that Dehner is the best defensive d-man in the conference, I'm not gonna go as far as calling it a "joke." Braun is very, very good, and not just offensively.
              After seeing Braun against BC in the playoffs, it's anything but a joke. Kid is a special player.

Comment

Full award winners.

Comment

Brian Foster first-team goalie. Yeah okay.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                    I should be surprised, but sadly...
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We have a new champion in the "most absurd" category...

Foster over Hutton? Laughable.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                        It makes sense. I mean, Hutton was only the Goaltending Champion. It's not like he was the best goalie in the league.

Wait...
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Chris Kreider had 13 goals, which I believe was the most goals of any rookie except Da Costa. If you look at the selection of Butler as POY and Marcou being second team, as well as similar choices over the years, you'd see the voters always value goals over points.

Also, Foster led the league in minutes and wins. That means something. I predicted Hutton but I don't think its an awful choice.
                          Last edited by BoSox3066; 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Dennehy having to share COTY with Umile is a joke!

Is it a requirement to have one of the "big 4" coaches win this award every year (except for Jerry York, of course)?
                            Boston College Eagles
                            NCAA Champions
                            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                              Dennehy having to share COTY with Umile is a joke!

Is it a requirement to have one of the "big 4" coaches win this award every year (except for Jerry York, of course)?
                              Dennehy should have run away with this.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X