Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Schedules

If you've got 'em, post 'em. Thatisall.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: 2010-11 Schedules

As far as we know for RPI's non-conference schedule, there's at least one game at Colorado College, a game at Northeastern, a home game against BU, a pair of games at Alabama-Huntsville (who will also be in the RPI Tournament after Thanksgiving), and a non-conference game against Union, possibly in Lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      and a non-conference game against Union, possibly in Lake Placid.
      Not sure how the draw for that will be considering the Glen Falls games earlier this decade didn't draw that well but great idea.
      National Champions 2014!
      Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
      Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
      Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Not a schedule but a peek into the next season of New Haven, CT area teams Yale University and Quinnipiac University as reported by the New Haven Register.

By Chip Malafronte, Register Staff

A trip to Colorado Springs, Colo., a visit from a Northern nemesis and a potential game at the Arena at Harbor Yard highlight Yale’s non-conference schedule next season.

At Quinnipiac, seven of the Bobcats 12 non-conference games are against potential top 20 foes, with two major conference opponents to make their first visits to Hamden.

Here’s a look at what’s in store (all dates and times subject to change).

The Bulldogs open the regular season by playing host to the Ivy League shootout, a four-team tournament with Brown, Dartmouth and Princeton. Yale plays Brown at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29, then either Dartmouth or Princeton the next night, also at 7.

It’s then off to Colorado Springs Nov. 12-13 to play at Air Force and perennial WCHA power Colorado College.

The Bulldogs will play Sacred Heart, led by former Yale associate head coach C.J. Marottolo, for the second straight season on Nov. 23. Officials from both schools are working to arrange to play the game at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport. If unable to secure the building, it will be played at Ingalls Rink.

On Dec. 8, Vermont will come to Ingalls for the first time since leaving ECAC Hockey in 2005. The Catamounts defeated Yale in the NCAA East Regional last season, and eked out a 1-0 victory in Burlington, Vt. on a controversial goal in November. The final non-conference game is against Holy Cross on Jan. 2 at 4 p.m. in New Haven.

Quinnipiac did not make dates available, but will play host to two-game sets against “Big Four” conference opponents Ohio State and Nebraska-Omaha at the TD Bank Sports Center. The Bobcats swept Ohio State in Columbus, Ohio in October. Nebraska-Omaha, coached by Dean Blais, a two-time national championship winner while at the helm of North Dakota, is set to join the Western Collegiate Hockey Association next year.

Other home games are against Bentley and Holy Cross.

Quinnipiac travels to WCHA power St. Cloud State for two games and will play single road games at Massachusetts and Providence. There’s also a two-game series at Canisius.

Also, Yale and Fairfield University have submitted a bid to play host to the NCAA Regionals in 2012 at Harbor Yard, and plan to continue doing so for future NCAA tournament bidding cycles. Official word on approval is expected by September. The two schools teamed up to sellout Harbor Yard last winter, and will complete a two-year contract for the regionals in 2011.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

I know Colgate will be opening its season on October 9 against Army in Cape Cod. According to the Lake State thread, they have 2 games scheduled there sometime in October. There will also be a trip to Robert Morris in the mix somewhere for 2 games and a tournament. So that's 7 OOC games. I'm hoping at least 4 of the remaining 5 will be at home, although I have no idea who they'd be against. My guesses would be Niagara, RIT, or someone close like that.

As far as the ECAC, it's been posted that Colgate begins conference play with the North Country trip and ends @ Brown/Yale.

If anyone has any news on if whether Colgate might be playing one of your teams next year, please post it too.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            I know Colgate will be opening its season on October 9 against Army in Cape Cod. According to the Lake State thread, they have 2 games scheduled there sometime in October. There will also be a trip to Robert Morris in the mix somewhere for 2 games and a tournament. So that's 7 OOC games. I'm hoping at least 4 of the remaining 5 will be at home, although I have no idea who they'd be against. My guesses would be Niagara, RIT, or someone close like that.

As far as the ECAC, it's been posted that Colgate begins conference play with the North Country trip and ends @ Brown/Yale.

If anyone has any news on if whether Colgate might be playing one of your teams next year, please post it too.
            Where in the world are they playing on the Cape?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
              Not sure how the draw for that will be considering the Glen Falls games earlier this decade didn't draw that well but great idea.
              It's supposed to be part of a doubleheader with Clarkson and SLU, from what I've heard, as a substitute for the Governor's Cup.

Comment

It's been rumored that SLU will head to Michigan atleast twice next season, for a pair in Houghton at perennial WCHA powerhouse Michigan Tech possibly in January and also against Ferris State. I would assume Vermont will be on the schedule again, as they have matched up for a single the past few years. There is also the possible Lake Placid Rivalry weekend against Clarkson. Outside of these games, there hasn't been much leaked for games including SLU, and they will likely not release the schedule until atleast their banquet in late April/early May.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  Where in the world are they playing on the Cape?
                  Oct 15, 2009

Colgate to Host Cape Cod Classic

HAMILTON, N.Y. – Colgate and Army will meet in the inaugural Cape Cod Collegiate Hockey Classic on Columbus Day weekend 2010 in Hyannis, Mass., it was recently announced.

The Raiders and the Black Knights will square off at the Hyannis Youth and Community Center, Saturday, October 9. While opening face-off will be determined at a later date, tickets will be $12 for adults and $8 for kids under 12. Colgate will serve as the home team.

“The youth hockey program on ‘The Cape’ is growing quickly and this is a great opportunity to expose collegiate NCAA Division I hockey to Hyannis, Barnstable and the surrounding areas,” said Colgate head coach Don Vaughan. “Colgate has a solid alumni base in the area as well and this will give them an opportunity to come out and see what should be a great event.”

The game will be the focal point of a weekend of events that includes various alumni-related activities in the surrounding area.

Colgate and the Black Knights renew their rivalry on October 30, 2009 at Starr Rink. It will be the 57th meeting between the two programs, the first since first the 2006-07 campaign.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Video of the place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7aHIAsiM0&feature=fvsr
                    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      The Bulldogs open the regular season by playing host to the Ivy League shootout, a four-team tournament with Brown, Dartmouth and Princeton. Yale plays Brown at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29, then either Dartmouth or Princeton the next night, also at 7.
                      Argh, why are we (the Ivies) wasting two non-conference dates on an internal tourney. Schedule some true OOC opponents... playing non-conference games against conference foes is just dumb.
                      Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                      University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Did I read correctly that RPI will play at West Point this year against the old travel partner?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          As far as we know for RPI's non-conference schedule, there's at least one game at Colorado College, a game at Northeastern, a home game against BU, a pair of games at Alabama-Huntsville (who will also be in the RPI Tournament after Thanksgiving), and a non-conference game against Union, possibly in Lake Placid.
                          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Did I read correctly that RPI will play at West Point this year against the old travel partner?
                          We're playing Vermont at West Point?

I have compiled from multiple sources

2 @ CC
                          Bentley @ Home
                          RPI tourney (UAH, UConn, BGSU)
                          2 @ UAH
                          one game @ Lake Placid, probably vs. Union (CCT and SLU will also be there)
                          @ NU
                          BU @ Home
                          @ Army

One more game unknown
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            We're playing Vermont at West Point?

I have compiled from multiple sources

2 @ CC
                            Bentley @ Home
                            RPI tourney (UAH, UConn, BGSU)
                            2 @ UAH
                            one game @ Lake Placid, probably vs. Union (CCT and SLU will also be there)
                            @ NU
                            BU @ Home
                            @ Army

One more game unknown
                            I think its a home game against RIT.

RPI will play a game at RIT for the 2011-12 season.

Comment

I don't have all the details. I will get them this weekend I am sure. I have the composite ECAC schedule for league games. If anyone has any questions on that let me know...I am not typing it in here! I do know that SLU has several weekends both home and on the road where the Men and Women are both playing at the same places. I like that as it gives fans like me a chance to catch up with both programs! And I do know that SLU has:

2 in Houghton in October against MTU
                              2 at Ferris State (I believe)
                              UNH (away I think)
                              Vermont (home I think)
                              at least one NC game against Clarkson

Five more somewhere. Presumably RIT, Niagara and maybe some reciprocation with Sacred Heart for the 2 they played in Canton this year.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X