Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Captain Asskicker (as he has been named by a famous blogger ), has certainly built himself quite a résumé. I hope he continues his success in Smashville. They need another Badger down there.
    When did I become famous? ****...
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Captain Asskicker (as he has been named by a famous blogger ), has certainly built himself quite a résumé. I hope he continues his success in Smashville. They need another Badger down there.
      Its quite possible that we will get to see him play for the Admirals before he plays for the Preds too.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
        Its quite possible that we will get to see him play for the Admirals before he plays for the Preds too.
        Heading to Chicago tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
          Yeah... but... maybe he's going to see Millenium Park? No? Probably hockey? Yeah, probably hockey.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkFag View Post
            I think Stepan just needs to worry about shaving that 8th grade mustache he had going.... wow
            as opposed to UM's gansta barbie?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JFyDDezCD5.../barriball.JPG
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              Hmmmm, wonder if I could talk the girlfriend into taking a roadtrip to Chicago this evening...
              http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...041610aaa.html
              The Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League announced today that the team has signed 2010 Hobey Baker Memorial Award Winner Blake Geoffrion to an Amateur Try-Out Contract (ATO). The former University of Wisconsin star will look to make his Admirals debut tonight when the team travels to Chicago for game two of the West Division Semifinals at 7:30 pm at the All-State Arena.
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Back on the hockey playoff horse after last weekend's disappointment.

Go HAWKS!

Maybe Burish will get in Suter's ear although not sure that Burr is in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Back on the hockey playoff horse after last weekend's disappointment.

Go HAWKS!

Maybe Burish will get in Suter's ear although not sure that Burr is in the lineup.
                  I find it difficult to get all that excited about the NHL. Cheering for the Blackhawks, Red Wings or Wild just seems to wrong.
                  Hopefully one of these days the NHL will wake up and move a team to Wisconsin or add a Wisconsin team in some sort of expansion.

Comment

I find it difficult to get all that excited about the NHL. Cheering for the Blackhawks, Red Wings or Wild just seems to wrong.
                    Hopefully one of these days the NHL will wake up and move a team to Wisconsin or add a Wisconsin team in some sort of expansion.
                    Huh? I actually get more excited about the NHL playoffs than I do the NCAAs now. Just not a huge fan of the one and done format. And just pick an NHL team and go with them...I HATE everything relating to Chicago sports, until it comes to hockey, where I'm a huge Hawks fan. Just because the Cubs and Bears are annoying as hell doesn't mean you can't root for the Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                      Huh? I actually get more excited about the NHL playoffs than I do the NCAAs now. Just not a huge fan of the one and done format. And just pick an NHL team and go with them...I HATE everything relating to Chicago sports, until it comes to hockey, where I'm a huge Hawks fan. Just because the Cubs and Bears are annoying as hell doesn't mean you can't root for the Hawks.
                      I cant boo the Bears and Cubs and then be all about the Blackhawks during hockey season. Makes me feel like too much of a traitor. I do watch the NHL playoffs, but I watch it more to just see good hockey and dont really cheer for any particular team.
                      Im way more into college hockey than I am the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                        Actually, that is where you are wrong! You are a traitor for rooting for the Hawks . I can only hope they can sneak by Nashville so my Wings can eliminate them... yet again .

But I seriously really enjoy the NHL playoffs. For some reason, I feel that they have been much more exciting than in years past. Plus, since the badgers have a fair amount of players in the playoffs right now, I usually have someone to root for in every game.

On a badger note, is everyone else as worried as I am about the departures this year? I am seriously concerned with the player/coaching possible/probable departures. Our freshman next year are really going to need to step in to fill very large shoes!
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I cant boo the Bears and Cubs and then be all about the Blackhawks during hockey season. Makes me feel like too much of a traitor. I do watch the NHL playoffs, but I watch it more to just see good hockey and dont really cheer for any particular team.
                          Im way more into college hockey than I am the NHL.
                          It is not hard. There are no Badgers on the bears or cubs and blackhawks do not have a WI rival. Big differences IMO
                          Proverbs 18:2 'A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.'

Comment

Originally posted by cereal addict View Post
                            It is not hard. There are no Badgers on the bears or cubs and blackhawks do not have a WI rival. Big differences IMO
                            Valid point. I just cant do it though...

Comment

Admirals won 6-0 tonight. Two goals for Geoffrion.

Comment

Valid point. I just cant do it though...
                                No worries. The bandwagon has gotten awfully crowded lately anyway.

This is the first season in a LONG time that I didn't make at least one game down there. I just can't justify $400 for two tickets(200 level) and I won't sit in the 300's ya know.

Center Ice and Badger season tickets works out just great for me.

I grew up down by Chicago, so have been a Hawks fan since my first game against the Isles when Bossy, Trottier and Billy Smith were still playing. The Hawks (and Cubs) were the only Chicago teams my Milwaukee born and raised Dad would let me root for. Thank God as I grew up a Brewers, Badgers and Packers fan and have lived in Wisco since 89.

HATE the Cubs now btw. They used to be my National League team.

Comment

Working...
                                X