Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by geddymd73 View Post
    Alaska-Anchorage and Michigan Tech will feel slighted I would think.
    excellent point!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Coasties? I've honestly never heard that before.
      You know those stuck up rich aresholes on the east coast that couldn't get into an Ivy league school, but were somehow smart enough to get into a high quality state school elsewhere? They have too much pride to go to a decent school in the east, so they go to the midwest?

Those people come to nice midwestern schools like UW, Michigan, Miami, etc. Their IQ drops about 45 points the second they show up. They like to wear Uggs, North Face jackets (when its 50 out) and Elton John Ginourmous Sunglasses. They live in super-expensive high rises their freshman year and plow through Daddy's money. They use "pay for someone else to do your laundry" services. Good Lord, they're really ****ing annoying. Everyone who was born west of Pittsburgh can't stand them.

Those are Coasties.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Warning: Do NOT tell that to the UNH fans. They celebrate RS titles like you or I would celebrate a national title. No joke.
        Must I always remind people that UNH stand for

University
        No
        Hardware

Dick go wistle about that!!!!
        Let's GO FRIARS!!
        Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
          Just because BC would do fine in the WCHA doesn't mean that the Hockey East is a good conference. If you take BC out of the Hockey East that isn't a very good conference. Yes, BC has done well in the last ten years no one is debating that. What is in question is that BC is a top five program over the course of the last 30-40 years. They were a top 3 program of the last ten years, if not the top.
          BC is one of the tops in HE, and would be one of the tops in WCHA. HE's top teams are on par with WCHA's top teams, period. Where the WCHA has their argument, is the depth. You have 6-7 teams that can win it (soon to be 7-8), where as HE doesn't have that.

We beat each other up, HE doesn't.

Now I need to take a shower, defending WI (even sorta) like that.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Nice outfits BC...

*****http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/10836_1138188135023_1236960257_30665266_292475_n2-479x352.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Nice outfits BC...

*****http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/10836_1138188135023_1236960257_30665266_292475_n2-479x352.jpg******
              I never knew they were such big fans of the Village People.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Nice outfits BC...

Is this the official picture that will be on the BC program for 2010-2011??

I especially like the fireman, errrrrrrr, fireperson flashing gang signs.

Thanks for the find, Chuck. Your work NEVER goes unnoticed!
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Is that Lamar Latrelle in there? Where is his javelin.

No worries. BC guys looked ridiculous on 1 night in October on a night where everyone dresses up. Wisconsin guys looked ridiculous all postseason with those staches. It's all good.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Is that Lamar Latrelle in there? Where is his javelin. No worries. BC guys looked ridiculous on 1 night in October on a night where everyone dresses up. Wisconsin guys looked ridiculous all postseason with those staches. It's all good.
                    Don't give us that ****, Nick. That was taken last Saturday night.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by geddymd73 View Post
                      Alaska-Anchorage and Michigan Tech will feel slighted I would think.
                      IMHO, They would rather use their limited NC games against UA(F) and NMU, respectively.

Comment

Any of you heard about Wisconsin traveling to UNO to play on 2/11 and 2/12 next year? I heard this rumor from an UNO fan.

Comment

Anybody catch Ottawa @ Pitt last night?

Brian Elliott got his first NHL playoff win. He didn't play great, but good enough to beat Marc-André Flower 5-4.

During the last break in action with a few seconds remaining, they had a close-up of Els taking a drink and there it was bright as day.....a motion "W" on the back of his helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                            Any of you heard about Wisconsin traveling to UNO to play on 2/11 and 2/12 next year? I heard this rumor from an UNO fan.
                            Certainly possible. Wisconsin always seems to be amongst the last teams to release an actual schedule each year.
                            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...041510aac.html
                              Senior forward Blake Geoffrion (Brentwood, Tenn.) added to his list of laurels when it was announced on Thursday that he is USCHO.com’s National Player of the Year.

The Nashville Predator prospect has already captured the Hobey Baker Memorial Award, the InsideCollegeHockey.com’s National Player of the Year laurel, First-Team All-America and WCHA honors and was named NCAA West Regional Most Valuable Player in his senior season alone.

The senior finished fourth on the team with 50 points (28-22=50) on the nation’s third-highest scoring team. However, Geoffrion stepped up when it mattered most. In eight postseason games, he tallied seven goals and 13 points. In them, he notched two game-winning goals, three power-play goals and a first goal.

Nationally, he collected a sixth-best .70 goals-per-game mark and scored on nearly a quarter of his shot attempts. His 28 goals placed him in third nationally at season’s end.

His defense also did not go unnoticed throughout the season. Geoffrion was a prominent presence in the one of the nation’s top power-play killing teams, which finished the year at a respectable 84.9 percent. The senior did all the little things that helped the Badgers succeed. He was the Badgers’ top faceoff artist by winning nearly 60 percent of faceoffs in the season.

As a senior, Geoffrion also led off the ice. As one of the team’s three captains, he was consistently the team’s vocal motivator in and out of the rink. A consumer science major and second-round pick in the 2006 NHL Draft, Geoffrion was the perfect fit for USCHO.com’s National Player of the Year.
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Captain Asskicker (as he has been named by a famous blogger ), has certainly built himself quite a résumé. I hope he continues his success in Smashville. They need another Badger down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X