Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Who's in Milwaukee/Waukesha county this Thursday? Anyone know any bars where Badger fans will be meeting for the game?
    Not Milwaukee...but anybody in the GB area, a group of us will be at The Bar on Holmgren.

Comment

Who's in Milwaukee/Waukesha county this Thursday? Anyone know any bars where Badger fans will be meeting for the game?
      EODS - I'm in milwaukee tomorrow with a 1/2 day off work to see the game

NONE of my co-workers had suggestions on where to go...unreal.

So I'm thinking just because the game is at 4, wherever UW fans go, we'll have the run of the place....

do you have suggestions? If you're group is seeking another fan I can meet you guys somewhere.

I work 2 blocks from WMSE downtown
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Blake named player of the year by INCH. Congrats Blake

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../06/inch-poty/

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          EODS - I'm in milwaukee tomorrow with a 1/2 day off work to see the game
          That's my exact plan as well (although I have some "honey dos" to get out of the way first... looks like I'll be busy tonight getting them out of the way).

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          do you have suggestions? If you're group is seeking another fan I can meet you guys somewhere.

I work 2 blocks from WMSE downtown
          I just got an email from the Waukesha County chapter of WAA. Evidently, they're having something at Champps Americana in Brookfield. I have no idea how many people might be there, but it's a suggestion in a world where I have none.

Failing any other ideas, I was probably just going to head to one of the local establishments in teh Falls and enjoy it by myself (unless Mrs. EoDS wanted to stop in after she's done with work).
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Fanatics in the 3rd Ward of Milwaukee will undoubtedly have the game on and there will be many Badger fans there I would think.
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...040710aad.html
              The Wisconsin men's hockey team (27-10-4) hopes to continue its quest for a seventh national title Thursday afternoon when the team battles RIT (28-11-1) at the Frozen Four in Detroit.

Wisconsin heads into the Frozen Four after a regional semifinal victory over Vermont and a regional final victory over St. Cloud State. Aside from the team's two victories, senior tri-captain Blake Geoffrion (Brentwood, Tenn.) was named the MVP of the West Regional.

The fourth-seeded RIT Tigers enter the matchup after upsetting top-seeded Denver in the regional semifinal and topping New Hampshire in the regional final. Only in its fifth season in the NCAA, RIT and Wisconsin have never met.

The winner of the semifinal game will battle the winner of the Boston College/Miami semifinal game in the national championship contest Saturday night.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Nice long interview on Puck Daddy today with Blake Geoffrion.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,232741

Shaking my head at the Phoenix pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  The Red wing stuff isn't so bad. Better red than dead. The thing that bothers me more is his kid ended up going to MI St. and from what I read, he never seriously considered UW.
                  For what it's worth, as a Michigan State fan, you're not really missing much. He's a gritty forward, but basically was a fourth-line guy all season. He'd never see the ice in Madison right now
                  MSU Spartans: 1966-1986-2007 National Champions

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But...if it's real, you'll feel it."

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanBoy81 View Post
                    For what it's worth, as a Michigan State fan, you're not really missing much. He's a gritty forward, but basically was a fourth-line guy all season. He'd never see the ice in Madison right now
                    UW does has plenty of grinders ridingthe pine already.

As Chuck pointed out, UW seemed to have little interest in him, maybe because either he's not that good or Eaves know he wouldn't come to UW so why waste his (Eaves) time on the kid.

Thanks for the info.

Countdwon to destiny is less than 20 hrs away!

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I get off work right at 4 and was planning on just DVRing and heading home to watch the game, but if people are meeting somewhere to watch, I'm up for it, too.
                      It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

That's my exact plan as well (although I have some "honey dos" to get out of the way first... looks like I'll be busy tonight getting them out of the way).

I just got an email from the Waukesha County chapter of WAA. Evidently, they're having something at Champps Americana in Brookfield. I have no idea how many people might be there, but it's a suggestion in a world where I have none.

Failing any other ideas, I was probably just going to head to one of the local establishments in teh Falls and enjoy it by myself (unless Mrs. EoDS wanted to stop in after she's done with work).
                        nice! true UW Puckheads I guess, takin 1/2 days from work to check the game

Champs in brookfield isn't far from where I'm staying for the week, but I think I may stick around downtown or east side (champs just gets a tad annoying sometimes, or to me at least).

Right now I'm thinking I may head to BW3 on water as they have a pretty big screen in back IIRC. that or maybe alehouse in 3rd ward if they're willing to put the game on.

drop the puck!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                          Fanatics in the 3rd Ward of Milwaukee will undoubtedly have the game on and there will be many Badger fans there I would think.
                          Fanatics? I never heard of the place...not surprising I suppose being in flat land for that past 2 + years.

I have time to check it out though (thanks for the suggestion), as I get off work at 12:30

Comment

I think my wife & I are going to try to meet at the Echo at 4 to watch the game. Hoping we won't be the only one's rocking the red.

Comment

I'll be at the BW3 in Monona once again watching the game. Hopefully there will be a fair amount of Badger fans there again this week. Last time there were at least 20 of us there, so heres hoping.
                              Either way, I'll be there rocking the cardinal and white and enjoying some beer and wings.
                              Heres hoping that Bucky sets the clock to midnight on RIT's cinderella story!
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Please Badger fans, whatever you do today, don't watch the game in a tall building with windows that open or have access to the roof.

The cinderella story continues today!

GO RIT!!!
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X