Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I don't recall if this was in the WSJ or in a blog, but I read somewhere that Chris Chelios wanted Dean to play close to home. Guess Chris wasn't counting on being out of the Red Wings equation
    That's exactly what I recall as well. I'm not bothered to look up where I saw it, but I do remember that being the main reason.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      The official one is Cheli's, but you'd have to be able to stomach all that Red Wings crap.
      Actually, I think the Detroit Beer Co. is the official site, with Cheli's an "unofficial" one at best. Quite frankly, I'm indifferent between giving my beer and food $ to a stranger or an extremely passive alumnus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Fortunately, I've never been in that situation, but I'd like to think that I'd walk away and just dump her. I realize how humiliating that could be and that someone would want to lash out, but 1000's go through the same situation every year without getting arrested.
        Chalk it up to having a bad temper. At least, these days I have a much longer fuse. Can't say I've ever resorted to violence, but given the situation, I can see how it could happen. Not saying he was right, and I think that he got what he deserved in getting kicked off the team.
        Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
          Actually, I think the Detroit Beer Co. is the official site, with Cheli's an "unofficial" one at best. Quite frankly, I'm indifferent between giving my beer and food $ to a stranger or an extremely passive alumnus.
          Based purely on food and beverage quality, Detroit Beer Co. is the better choice. Granted, it's been a while since I've been out drinking in Detroit, so take my opinion for what it's worth...
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
            Based purely on food and beverage quality, Detroit Beer Co. is the better choice. Granted, it's been a while since I've been out drinking in Detroit, so take my opinion for what it's worth...
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
              I bet it's worth a lot more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                I bet it's worth a lot more than that.
                Yes. It's worth at least a pint of Detroit Red.
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

I think it's pretty crappy that Baggot chose to disclose further details on the Thurber situation a few days before the FF. He should have disclosed the details much nearer to the event, waited until after the FF, or not said anything at all.

Something to me just doesn't add up. Choking and a physical threat of tossing someone out a 6th story window only gets misdemeanors? In Madison? I wonder if Baggot made the incident sound more serious in the article than it really was.

It sounds to me like Eaves acted more appropriately than the Madion Fuzz did.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It sounds to me like Eaves acted more appropriately than the Madion Fuzz did.
                    MPD has a long, proud tradition of being pretty lenient on students. It often borders on absurd.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Alum update.....

http://difhockey.se/

Kluby is doing very well playing for a team in Stockholm in the Swedish Elite hockey league.

Another undersized Dman from UW that had success in Europe than NHL.....Rafalski.

Comment

I talked to Kluby's dad a few weeks ago; Kyle's really enjoying it! Gotta love those Euro jerseys. They look like NASCAR with shoulder pads.

http://www.difhockey.se/spelarstats.php?id=3744

Well, in honor of this weekend, I did it this morning. After over 10 years with my "van dyke", (which is really a goatee with a 'stache), I shaved everything off below the corners of my mouth....Holy 1970's Batman and I've got a little double chin! I left before MrsMCR saw me, so I can't wait to see the expression!

She might like the smooth chin, eh?

After scaring myself in the mirror, it WILL be growing back immediately.

EDIT: While typing, I was listening to Brain Posick who had an interview with goalie Julian Baretta. He was a typical "quirky" 'tender. The discussion was mostly about the '76-'77 NC team....33 years ago, WOW! The power play that year was 39%. Baretta has had a very successful off-ice career, too.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          I talked to Kluby's dad a few weeks ago; Kyle's really enjoying it! Gotta love those Euro jerseys. They look like NASCAR with shoulder pads.

http://www.difhockey.se/spelarstats.php?id=3744

Well, in honor of this weekend, I did it this morning. After over 10 years with my "van dyke", (which is really a goatee with a 'stache), I shaved everything off below the corners of my mouth....Holy 1970's Batman and I've got a little double chin! I left before MrsMCR saw me, so I can't wait to see the expression!

She might like the smooth chin, eh?

After scaring myself in the mirror, it WILL be growing back immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baw00vxE1Zs

Stockholm is a amazing city. Here is an interview about how his season has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            While typing, I was listening to Brain Posick who had an interview with goalie Julian Baretta. He was a typical "quirky" 'tender. The discussion was mostly about the '76-'77 NC team....33 years ago, WOW! The power play that year was 39%. Baretta has had a very successful off-ice career, too.

Julian Baretta was awesome. I'd like to see Goody skate backwards into the net the last two games.

Btw- Did he mention if he still has that cockatoo- Fred? Or why he had that nutty chick whacked???
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              The Red wing stuff isn't so bad. Better red than dead. The thing that bothers me more is his kid ended up going to MI St. and from what I read, he never seriously considered UW.
                              I don't think we seriously considered him either.

Comment

Who's in Milwaukee/Waukesha county this Thursday? Anyone know any bars where Badger fans will be meeting for the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X