Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    FEI: A board eists exclusively for alumni talk and a UW thead exists: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=69438
    There are 5 posts there since 2007, all by the same guy.

This is such a small online community that I think we can accommodate most stuff here.

I respect your opinion and I know others would agree with you, but I see it as a Badger hockey forum all in one thread since there are no other viable options.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

This is such a small online community that I think we can accommodate most stuff here.

I respect your opinion and I know others would agree with you, but I see it as a Badger hockey forum all in one thread since there are no other viable options.
      I agree. Keep them coming.

Comment

There are 5 posts there since 2007, all by the same girl.

FYP. But the point remains. I kind of like having it all in one spot- although I do like having a seperate recruiting thread for Chuck to dominate. The conversation here always ends up being on topic, and I don't mind the diversions.

If we used it more, I probably wouldn't mind having a seperate alumni thread. But we don't.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I was simply pointing out that USCHO has an alumni board with a UW thread. Perhaps that only reason that it isn't used is that posters don't know it actually existed. I stand by my point that it is a fine line between being semi-on topic and being a distraction. I have no problem with what is posted on this tread.

Comment

Hi all! I've started a new blog at http://wchahockeyblog.blogspot.com. Come and check it out. I think you'll like it.
            "I told him about this offer and he (Thomas Vanek) told me about the fans at the National Hockey Center," Nodl said. "I was like 'Wow.' He loved playing there because it was so crazy. The students really get into it. It wasn't like Minnesota where you have 10,000 old people not making any noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              I understand why you did it. But We always run the Wisconsin threads to 1,000 posts no matter what. So in my opinion it doesn't make sense to do "parts" or "offseason" threads.

Because they end up running into each other and it looks stupid if you have an offseason thread in during the season, etc.
              Understood.

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
              "Just win, baby!"... What are you, a Raiders Fan
              Not in this lifetime or any other.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                FS Wisconsin responded on Facebook about the second semifinal Friday and lack of live coverage...

They are airing HS hockey at 7pm because the Bucks coverage starts at 830 pm. The Denver game is set for after that (midnightish).
                The guide for Time Warner shows all 5 games on live. It shows all ECAC and CCHA games, as well as the DIII final also. Any college hockey nut, or should I say, all of us college hockey nuts will get our fix this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  FYP. But the point remains. I kind of like having it all in one spot- although I do like having a seperate recruiting thread for Chuck to dominate. The conversation here always ends up being on topic, and I don't mind the diversions.

If we used it more, I probably wouldn't mind having a seperate alumni thread. But we don't.
                  I'd love some more chatter on the recruiting thread.

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                      FS Wisconsin responded on Facebook about the second semifinal Friday and lack of live coverage...

They are airing HS hockey at 7pm because the Bucks coverage starts at 830 pm. The Denver game is set for after that (midnightish).
                      It's on Fox College Sports live if you have the sports package or whatever with Charter.
                      When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...031810aag.html
                        Led by junior defenseman Brendan Smith and senior forward Blake Goeffrion, six members of the Wisconsin men’s hockey team were honored by the WCHA at its annual awards banquet Thursday afternoon.

The big winner of the afternoon for Wisconsin was junior defenseman Brendan Smith (Mimico, Ontario), who was named the WCHA Defensive Player of the Year and a member of the All-WCHA First Team.

Smith is the third Badger in school history to win the WCHA Defensive Player of the Year award, joining defensemen Brian Rafalski (1994-95) and defenseman Jeff Dessner (1999-2000) as winners.

The nation’s leading scorer among defensemen with 15 goals, 29 assists, 44 points and a 1.22 points per game average, Smith has outscored the next closest WCHA defenseman by 16 points to this point and the nation’s next closest defenseman by nine points.

In addition to Smith, senior forward Blake Geoffrion (Brentwood, Tenn.) was named to the All-WCHA First Team.

Wisconsin’s vocal leader as one of its tri-captains, Geoffrion paces the WCHA with 23 overall goals and led the league with 19 goals in league games. He also led the WCHA with a 1.36 points per game scoring average in league games, finishing one point behind the league scoring champion in three less games played.

Making the All-WCHA Second Team is junior defenseman Ryan McDonagh (Arden Hills, Minn.).

McDonagh, one of the Badgers’ tri-captains, leads the WCHA with a plus-20 in all games playing against UW opponents’ top lines every game. The league leader with a plus-20 in WCHA games, he also chipped in 15 points as a rear guard.

Senior forward Michael Davies (St. Louis) was an All-WCHA Third Team pick. The UW’s leading scorer with 48 points, Davies leads the league and ranks sixth in the nation with a 1.37 points per game average in all games. Wisconsin’s leader with 15 multi-point games, Davies hasn’t gone more than two games without a point all season.

Two Badgers were named to the WCHA All-Rookie Team, as freshman forward Craig Smith (Madison, Wis.) and freshman defenseman Justin Schultz (West Kelowna, British Columbia) made the squad.

Smith led all WCHA rookies with 25 points in league games, while his 29 points in all games ranks second among first-year players.

Schultz, UW’s quarterback on its first power-play unit, led all WCHA rookie defensemen with 16 points in league games, while his 18 points in all games are just one point behind the league leaders.
                        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich
                        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

UND playing some good defense early against Duluth. I'm taking a half day of vacation tomorrow for some Badger madness. 2 TV's will be going with basketball on one and hockey on the other. I will have hockey on the big screen.
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            UND playing some good defense early against Duluth. I'm taking a half day of vacation tomorrow for some Badger madness. 2 TV's will be going with hockey on one and hockey on the other. I will have Badger hockey on the big screen.
                            Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Foul on Aktick. Do I get 2 shots at the free throw line or does he get 2 minutes in the box?
                              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                UND playing some good defense early against Duluth. I'm taking a half day of vacation tomorrow for some Badger madness. 2 TV's will be going with basketball on one and hockey on the other. I will have hockey on the big screen.
                                VW - I know I, along with others, were a bit rough on you at first. Seems like you've gotten the wild predictions under control, and its comments like this that make me love this place.

As always, ON WISCONSIN!

(And if that SCSU hack that shall not be named gets taken to the woodshed tomorrow by grotting/mitchell, I will be cheering from my cube at work)
                                Originally posted by solovsfett
                                To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Working...
                                X