Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    One would think that the "poles don't matter" mantra would hold extra significance once the NCAA field has been announced...
    I never said it mattered i asked who voted in them!!!! Just find it a little odd a team that loses to a team that at the time isn't in the tournament and beats a team who doesn't make the tournament becomes #1 (Miami) over a team that loses to a potential 1 seed and beats the #1 team quite easily.... nevermind the ladder drops 2 spots in the polls. I never said it mattered or i cared i said i just found it interesting and wondered who voted....

did that clear things up for you?? i sure hope so...
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      It's amusing that people even look at the polls right now.

The only poll that matters is the one that this baby hangs on:

*****http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/images_products/wisconsin_badgers_championship_hockey_banner_27914 big.jpg******
      Then why does USCHO even bother to do a poll once the NCAA field is decided???? I looked at it because it was on the home page and thought i'd see what this weekend effected the polls. THATS IT...
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
        I never said it mattered i asked who voted in them!!!! Just find it a little odd a team that loses to a team that at the time isn't in the tournament and beats a team who doesn't make the tournament becomes #1 (Miami) over a team that loses to a potential 1 seed and beats the #1 team quite easily.... nevermind the ladder drops 2 spots in the polls. I never said it mattered or i cared i said i just found it interesting and wondered who voted....

did that clear things up for you?? i sure hope so...
        Believe me, I'm not arguing with you on this.

I'm just taking it a step further and wondering why we would even have a poll at all at this stage in the game.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I found todays USCHO poll pretty amusing... who votes for this thing anyway??? seriously, who are these people that vote for this poll...
          Some people like to make wild *** predictions. There is no understanding these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sar'nt View Post
            A related question: Is the band going to be in the same place as the Final Five? My regional seats are in the club level section right below where they were.
            I don't think the band will be there at all.... could be wrong tho...
            The Quest For 7

Comment

Once again Andy Baggott doesn't let us down... "Freshman Right Winger Craig Johnson from MAdison, Wisconsin.... hahaha Baggott you are BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Badger may be better off without a hobey winner??? ***??? just stick to Basketball and Football you plug......

Last edited by uwbadgers14; 03-23-2010, 04:49 PM.
              The Quest For 7

Comment

Once again Andy Baggott doesn't let us down... "Freshman Right Winger Craig Johnson from MAdison, Wisconsin.... hahaha Baggott you are BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!

Not as brutal as forgetting state products Derrick LaPoint and Justin Cseter. I e-mailed Baggot this afternoon but got no immediate response and I haven't seen an update.

Comment

I don't think the band will be there at all.... could be wrong tho...
                  I can guarantee you we will be there this weekend and will follow the team as far as they go. Hopefully we'll be in similar seats and will have a couple banners hanging from the top level of the Xcel.

Not going to lie, I kind of wish we had gotten a regional out East for purely selfish reasons. This will be my third trip to Minnesota in 4 weeks, and out of the 4 hockey trips taken with the band, 3 have been to the X and one to the DECC (women's Frozen Four the year they lost). I would have loved to travel with Albany, with the team no less, and see some other sites. However, maybe it's better not going there after hearing about the last time the Badgers played there. Also, don't get me wrong, there is no where else I'd rather be than cheering on my team this weekend.

Here's hoping the team from Saturday shows up. Heck, I'd take the team from Friday, as long as they can figure out the other team's PK. That to me seemed one of the biggest struggles against SCSU on Friday. St. Cloud had great pressure and the Badgers just couldn't break out. Heck, the PK after the goaltender interference call looked better than the powerplays that day. I wanted to be a man down after that point.

Comment

.... nevermind the ladder drops 2 spots...
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Believe me, I'm not arguing with you on this.

I'm just taking it a step further .
                    Don't take too many steps, remember, the top rung is not a step. Safety first.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Elliott with his 2nd shutout in as many nights.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbando View Post
                        Not going to lie, I kind of wish we had gotten a regional out East for purely selfish reasons.
                        I was the exact opposite--I didn't want to be stuck with three tickets to a regional where my team wasn't.

Originally posted by badgerbando View Post
                        Heck, the PK after the goaltender interference call looked better than the powerplays that day. I wanted to be a man down after that point.
                        I said the same thing to my buddy at that game.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                          Elliott with his 2nd shutout in as many nights.
                          I think he's trying to inspire Goody for this coming weekend.

Comment

is there any pregame spot that wisco is going to be? I don't want to end up at the wrong bar full of SCSU fans

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                              is there any pregame spot that wisco is going to be? I don't want to end up at the wrong bar full of SCSU fans
                              Someone posted on the blog:

"The Alumni Association is recommending the Eagle Street Bar (right across the street from the X) as a meeting point.

Furthermore, they have group tix available:
                              http://www.uwalumni.com/home/chapter..._homepage.aspx

Lastly, remember, there is no re-entry between the SCSU and UW games if you leave (one tix for both games)."

Comment

Someone posted on the blog:

"The Alumni Association is recommending the Eagle Street Bar (right across the street from the X) as a meeting point.

Furthermore, they have group tix available:
                                http://www.uwalumni.com/home/chapter..._homepage.aspx
                                Eagle Street is going to be packed.

Lastly, remember, there is no re-entry between the SCSU and UW games if you leave (one tix for both games)."
                                I cannot believe that.

Comment

Working...
                                X