Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

We really need some pictures with this article

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post

From the blog last week

Comment

Interesting set of circumstances:

I e-mailed the contact at UWBadgers.com, asking about where the UW section will be at the Xcel Energy Center. I probably made the mistake of making it seem like I would be going (which has, at best, a 5% chance of happening... and that's BEFORE I try to bring this up with Mrs. EoDS).

Honestly, I just want to know the sections where the UW fans will be. I got a response from the ticket office saying to try to find seats in 107- which is almost an answer to my question.

Now, I find out the ticket office passed my e-mail along to some Gopher fans in St. Paul, who are offering me pretty good seats in section 105.

So... if any of you want to get tickets, couldn't get seats in the UW allottment, and want to know what seats they should try to find if you want to be by the UW fans... I"m guessing you'll want to find seats close to section 106. Just a guess.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Interesting set of circumstances:

I e-mailed the contact at UWBadgers.com, asking about where the UW section will be at the Xcel Energy Center. I probably made the mistake of making it seem like I would be going (which has, at best, a 5% chance of happening... and that's BEFORE I try to bring this up with Mrs. EoDS).

Honestly, I just want to know the sections where the UW fans will be. I got a response from the ticket office saying to try to find seats in 107- which is almost an answer to my question.

Now, I find out the ticket office passed my e-mail along to some Gopher fans in St. Paul, who are offering me pretty good seats in section 105.

So... if any of you want to get tickets, couldn't get seats in the UW allottment, and want to know what seats they should try to find if you want to be by the UW fans... I"m guessing you'll want to find seats close to section 106. Just a guess.
          That stinks, I don't the seats we ordered could be much futher away C30. Might be moving around, especially if we end up next to another team's band. I believe for the Club level they check your tickets, to that level, but wonder if they enforce it much for moving to different spot in the club level.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Comment

That stinks, I don't the seats we ordered could be much futher away C30. Might be moving around, especially if we end up next to another team's band. I believe for the Club level they check your tickets, to that level, but wonder if they enforce it much for moving to different spot in the club level.
              Our Final 5 Tx are on the club level. No one ever looks at our Tx once we are up there. Getting there, they always check if you use the escalator. If you go up a stair well, more often than not there's nobody even checking to see if you belong on the club level.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                ETA one more time: Timothy, you've got more than one kid, yes? If you're leaving one or more home with a babysitter, teach 'em to text you score updates! Even if the kid requires SOME family support in his performance, surely he knows that for the good of the family someone must stay home and send text updates to others. Or get a fancy phone to check score updates during the game, whichever... not having the fancy phone myself, my first thought is always "who can text me?"
                The younger 2 kiddos will be at the musical with me. Personally, I have no idea how to text. I don't even own my own cell phone. I could get my wife's cell, but I'd have no one to text me the scores, hint, hint. Obviously we don't own a fancy phone either. But, I could get one, right? Would I be able to get ESPN U on it?

I thought about bringing in a walkman what has a built in radio (yeah, they used to make those years ago; it's got a cassette player built in too), with a earpiece for 1 ear, but that probably will not work for the son and wifey-pooh.

Worse case I miss the 1st period.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                  Our Final 5 Tx are on the club level. No one ever looks at our Tx once we are up there. Getting there, they always check if you use the escalator. If you go up a stair well, more often than not there's nobody even checking to see if you belong on the club level.

Thanks, I got to imagine will be a fair amount of empty seats to move around in.

Comment

I found todays USCHO poll pretty amusing... who votes for this thing anyway??? seriously, who are these people that vote for this poll...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                      I found todays USCHO poll pretty amusing... who votes for this thing anyway??? seriously, who are these people that vote for this poll...
                      One would think that the "poles don't matter" mantra would hold extra significance once the NCAA field has been announced...
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                        It's amusing that people even look at the polls right now.

The only poll that matters is the one that this baby hangs on:

*****http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/images_products/wisconsin_badgers_championship_hockey_banner_27914 big.jpg******
                        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 03-23-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Unless you advocate doing away with the NCAA tournament and having an imaginary champion...
                          I think that's clearly a system we could all get behind.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            One would think that the "poles don't matter" mantra would hold extra significance once the NCAA field has been announced...
                            Poles can be absolutely critical at this time of year...Pavelski.

Comment

Is Little Joe going to play instead of Patrick Johnson?? Have you heard something!??
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                The younger 2 kiddos will be at the musical with me. Personally, I have no idea how to text. I don't even own my own cell phone. I could get my wife's cell, but I'd have no one to text me the scores, hint, hint. Obviously we don't own a fancy phone either. But, I could get one, right? Would I be able to get ESPN U on it?

I thought about bringing in a walkman what has a built in radio (yeah, they used to make those years ago; it's got a cassette player built in too), with a earpiece for 1 ear, but that probably will not work for the son and wifey-pooh.

Worse case I miss the 1st period.
                                Give me the #, I'll text you updates. Of course I can't promise I'll be sober, so you might not understand the texts...

Comment

Working...
                                X