Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Where is everyone getting there tickets at? What are the chances this sells out? Could I just drive up to St. Paul and buy them at the door or best case on the street below value?
    I doubt that their is any way that this sells out. I think that the best case is an attendance is about 10 to 12k, maybe a little better if the champ game is UW-SCSU.

I can't imagine that their will be many tickets for sale on the streets for the Friday games at all, since it is a single ticket for both games, such short notice to who will be playing, and they gophers were so bad all season that they only had sold about 5k in tickets already.

When If SCSU loses to NMU, I would suspect that their would be plenty of champ game tickets available on the street at slightly below face.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      I doubt that their is any way that this sells out. I think that the best case is an attendance is about 10 to 12k, maybe a little better if the champ game is UW-SCSU.

I can't imagine that their will be many tickets for sale on the streets for the Friday games at all, since it is a single ticket for both games, such short notice to who will be playing, and they gophers were so bad all season that they only had sold about 5k in tickets already.

When If SCSU loses to NMU, I would suspect that their would be plenty of champ game tickets available on the street at slightly below face.
      Thank you for the input. Looks like I will be going to the game without a ticket and just buy one at the gate. I think Northern Mich will win and then I will just buy one off a St.Cloud fan for the champ game. Should be a good weekend. Hopefully, Podge will be playing Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        Thank you for the input. Looks like I will be going to the game without a ticket and just buy one at the gate. I think Northern Mich will win and then I will just buy one off a St.Cloud fan for the champ game. Should be a good weekend. Hopefully, Podge will be playing Friday night.
        yeah i think thats what i'm going to do also. doesn't pay to buy them online if you are going to be able to just get them on the street anyway...
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
          Does anyone subscribe to the yahoo streaming radio broadcasts of the UW games? I need to know if they archive the games so I can listen to them later. I'll be on an airplane all day Saturday
          I don't think Yahoo does the broadcasts anymore... From what I remember you were able to go back and listen to archived games, but it's been a while. I think the new system they use on UWBadgers.com also allows you to listen to archived games.
          Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
            How's the chip on your shoulder doing there? A little sore?

Everyone is free to their opinion, of course. Personally, I find the armchair quarterbacking on sports message boards following a team's loss to be utterly predictable and boring - the usual quotations about lack of effort and whatnot.

I don't find those posts to really be all that illuminating. If people need to vent, that's cool - I get that. Just voicing my opinion. I'm not sure how my disagreement interferes with your ability to express your opinion.
            There's no chip. Turns out I was right and the effort was in fact much better on Saturday.

How is your arm chair analysis any more valid than anyone else's? You weren't even watching the game on Saturday. In addition, you weren't just stating your opinion, you were telling several of us that we were wrong and somehow amateurish in our thoughts.

Sometimes a team plays their best and gets beat. You can see it happening and you can sometimes pin that on a goalie as standing on his head.

That wasn't the case against St. Cloud just as it wasn't the case many times this season. This is an acknowledged and known flaw of this current Badger team and has been all year.

Hopefully they will find a way to bring it in the next however many or they will live with regret.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
              Hypothetical - if we scored a goal or two on Lee early, like we did against DU, and the rest of the game played out exactly the same in terms of skating and 'effort,' I think the fan analysis here would be completely different.
              No team brought anything better then a B game this weekend. The only difference for UW was that Lee brought his game and United airlines lost Chevie's.

That is the thing about the system that Eaves has in place, it requires all hands on deck and working in unison or it just falls to pieces. It is a system where the sum of the parts is far greater then the whole and that the individual success only comes by submitting to the needs of the whole. Thus the difference between an A game and a B game is a huge cliff-like drop.

Comment

Anyone getting tickets through the UW AD? Where are those seats?
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  No team brought anything better then a B game this weekend. The only difference for UW was that Lee brought his game and United airlines lost Chevie's.
                  I thought Lee was more lucky than good. Unfortunately, the Badgers only pushed his luck in the 3rd period.

I have no idea what happened to Cheverie.

Comment

I got great seats Friday night, in the front row....of the oldest's son play. I should get home around 8:30.

So I tried to get out of going. I told my son I've loved UW Hockey longer than him (1985 vs 1996), so he's out of luck, I'm staying home to watch it. He is a huge UW fan himself, I thought I'd get the pass from him on it, but he told me I was not a good father. My wife overheard us, and as she was going to say something, I blurted out "I've also loved UW Hockey longer than you too (1985 vs 1987)" and, well, at least I'm still married. And I wasn't planning on having any more kids anyway.......

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Gotta love this fun fact from BadgerMHockey via Twitter:
                      In his second college game, Head Coach Mike Eaves scored four goals and an assist in a 6-1 UW victory over Vermont, UW's NCAA opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I got great seats Friday night, in the front row....of the oldest's son play. I should get home around 8:30.

So I tried to get out of going. I told my son I've loved UW Hockey longer than him (1985 vs 1996), so he's out of luck, I'm staying home to watch it. He is a huge UW fan himself, I thought I'd get the pass from him on it, but he told me I was not a good father. My wife overheard us, and as she was going to say something, I blurted out "I've also loved UW Hockey longer than you too (1985 vs 1987)" and, well, at least I'm still married. And I wasn't planning on having any more kids anyway.......

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!
                        You get an 'A' for the effort, Tim.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

@Timothy A: At least you have a good excuse for not watching. I'm not watching because I don't have ESPNU.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                            I'm not watching because I don't have ESPNU.
                            Bars: They are your friend.

Comment

I thought Lee was more lucky than good. Unfortunately, the Badgers only pushed his luck in the 3rd period.

I think Lee did an extraordinary job of limiting rebound opportunities. Cheverie and co just phoned it in for the 3rd place game. I think that was obvious in the first and second periods. I didn't see any jump in Denver's game until late in the 2nd, and into the 3rd period when the game was basically in the books. I'd love to think Wisco just had them on the ropes and didn't give them the chance to get anything going, but I think it was a combination of Denver not showing up to play and Wisconsin playing ****ed off, balls to the wall hockey.

Comment

DU mailed in a poor performance as a team, Chevy included. Of the six periods they played, only perhaps two were acceptable.

Maybe they were tired. Maybe they didn't have much to play for. Maybe its because they don't have more than a handful of fans in St. Paul every year. Whatever - they mailed it in and took the weekend off. Shameful, really.

I expect much more focus this week in the NCAAs. If they don't play better, I'd be shocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X