PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 2010 Offseason

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

MarkEagleUSA
07-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Anyone have an idea as to when or if the Blue/Gold scrimmage will be held?I haven't heard anything about a scrimmage this year. Being the the 1st weekend of October is the official "start" of the season (actually I think it's 10/1 by NCAA rules), my guess is that there isn't one planned this year. Maybe someone closer to the program can shed some light.

Quinn57
07-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Feel like I have to point out the delightful "I am diguested with the ECAC (Rant about Quinnipiac) column that resurfaced on the board. Funny to look back at what people thought of at the time.

allnightwong
07-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Feel like I have to point out the delightful "I am diguested with the ECAC (Rant about Quinnipiac) column that resurfaced on the board. Funny to look back at what people thought of at the time.

I tried my ****dest to reason, but to no avail.

allnightwong
07-26-2010, 10:55 AM
For all your Pecknold lovers and haters, he's here to stay! Pecknold signs on for another five years.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=204970866

Quinn57
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Anytime you get a chance to extend a coach's contract after a horrendous second half collapse like last season's you really have to do it.

ZYanksRule
07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
For all your Pecknold lovers and haters, he's here to stay! Pecknold signs on for another five years.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=204970866

Ah yes, the annual 5-year contract extension.

allnightwong
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Any word on when an "official" roster will be put out. I've noticed that a number of other league teams have listed their roster. From Heisenberg's recruit list I can figure out sort of who's coming, but I'm more curious about exits and such.

I know we have incoming...

D Cory Hibbeler
D Zach Tolkinen (yet another Zach D man)
RW John Dunbar
LW Brooks Robinson
LW Conor Jones
LW Kellen Jones

starlessixisky
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
when does the 2010-2011 thread start up? :D

MarkEagleUSA
07-30-2010, 03:35 PM
when does the 2010-2011 thread start up? :DWell, the season doesn't technically start until after the exhibition game on 10/3... :rolleyes:

MarkEagleUSA
07-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Any word on when an "official" roster will be put out.In the past few years the roster wasn't posted (or updated) until after classes started.

ZYanksRule
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
They've gotta wait for walk-ons to try out in September.

FlagDUDE08
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
They've gotta wait for walk-ons to try out in September.

Why couldn't they just update the website when they come in?

As always, we look forward to playing y'all, as you're quite fun, regardless of which team we happen to be supporting.

allnightwong
07-31-2010, 11:07 AM
So Mark, with Leblanc leaving to go pro...who's your next target for ridicule and dislike?

Quinn57
07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Good news for everyone but Crimson fans. Think he was of the more talented players to pass through the Bank.

Actually kind of a fun summer question to toss out: Best player, QU or visitor, to play in the new arena.

MarkEagleUSA
07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
who's your next target for ridicule and dislike?You mean besides you, right??? :eek: :p

Think he was of the more talented players to pass through the Bank.I only saw him play twice in person and was not impressed with either outing. I felt he was overrated and certainly not ready for the NHL, therefore I can't agree that he was even close to being one of the more talented we've seen at the Bank. Someone in Montreal obviously feels differently.

Best player, QU or visitor, to play in the new arena.Talent-wise, Cashman and Wong have to rate up there. Best opponent? Not sure I can pick one at the moment.

Quinn57
07-31-2010, 10:44 PM
For me its Cashman by a mile for QU players. On talent alone I think Leitch belongs in the conversation with Wong.

Had a quick look on visitors and I guess I'd say TJ Galiardi when he played at the Bank w/ Dartmouth in 2007. Please feel free to point out way too glaring omissions.

ZYanksRule
08-01-2010, 12:32 AM
For me its Cashman by a mile for QU players. On talent alone I think Leitch belongs in the conversation with Wong.

Had a quick look on visitors and I guess I'd say TJ Galiardi when he played at the Bank w/ Dartmouth in 2007. Please feel free to point out way too glaring omissions.

I remember that Dartmouth team, they had some real good players. Tanner Glass was on that team, too. Their first line was one of the better ones in the league, along with the Colgate line from that same year.

allnightwong
08-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Good news for everyone but Crimson fans. Think he was of the more talented players to pass through the Bank.

Actually kind of a fun summer question to toss out: Best player, QU or visitor, to play in the new arena.

I agree Yanks with that Dartmouth team Nick Johnson and David Jones (both NHLers) were also on that squad.

I'd have to look at what players' track records are and not just what they've done in the Bank and in accordance with that Jerry D'Amigo should top this list for his performance in the World Juniors last winter.

You can also include Garrett Roe and Ryan Lasch who visited last season when St. Cloud came to visit. Both of them have a solid future.

Other names to include are Ben Scrivens, Nash's, Bagnall, Dodge, McIntyre, Winchester, Backman, Little Biega, Pirri.

MarkEagleUSA
08-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd have to look at what players' track records are and not just what they've done in the Bank and in accordance with that Jerry D'Amigo should top this list for his performance in the World Juniors last winter.Except that Jerry hasn't played at the Bank yet. He was a scratch last season because we played RPI the weekend after the Juniors.

FlagDUDE08
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Except that Jerry hasn't played at the Bank yet. He was a scratch last season because we played RPI the weekend after the Juniors.

Did you play the USNDT in 2008-09?