X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2010 Offseason

Originally posted by QuRugBandit44 View Post
    I played in the AHL.
    How did that happen if you played for that bum Pecknold?

You were fortunate enough to make it to "the next level" and yet you find it nesessary to sling mud in Rand's face and disparage the entire program? As I've said before, classy.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

LOVE this....

but anyways,
      anybody know how Dalhuisen and the Dutch made out this past week?
      Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
        anybody know how Dalhuisen and the Dutch made out this past week?
        Can't find anything about Mike himself but the Netherlands got beat by Austria who will be playing Ukraine for the championship.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

As I stated before Mr. Eagle. I played in the AHL. Hope that answers your question.

-QURugbandit
          Ben Nelson?

Comment

Mike Dalhuisen at the IIHF Division I World Championships:
            He has one goal and one assist, and two minutes in penalty minutes in the first four games of the tournament. His team won today, and is two and three in the tournament. There were no individual player stats on the game today.

By the way, with such an impressive playing resume, maybe QuRugBandit44 should apply to coach Quinnipiac…

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              I'm not trying to be a smart*** here, but take another look. UVM has only been in HE for the past 5 years (they moved when we joined the ECAC) and they haven't had a losing season there yet. Their regular season championship was '95-'96 in the ECAC.
              Maybe I am confused with what you are saying, but I think it is the point I am making. UVM wasn't anything special and went from the ECAC and moved to HE where they have been much better because more recruits want to play in the HE and they made a coaching change. I have thought a little more about the switch and my father brought up the point that was made that UVM is just a much better fit, what with it being a state school in NE, which that point was made by another poster a little while ago. I want the team to get better and I think it will happen faster if they would move. But like I said I have thought about this more and please post if you disagree, but here is one thought I had. With the CHA closing its doors and HE winning the last 3 Natl. Champs, I think we can't add anymore competition to HE. If that conference gets more powerful it is just closing off doors for the rest of the league. I understand everything works in cycles, I mean I think it was '06 when WCHA was dominating and all 4 Frozen Four teams were from out west. But, I think it is more important for hockey in general terms to keep QU, an up and comer, in the ECAC as a means to keep it as competitive as it has been. HE doesn't need to get more powerful and with Bemidji heading to the WCHA, I believe, that conference just picked up a big gun. The more I think about it the more I am thinking that the ECAC is a better fit.

Comment

As I stated before Mr. Eagle. I played in the AHL. Hope that answers your question.

-QURugbandit
                Jacob Legace played in the AHL too, how were your #'s.

Comment

I am not faulting qubandit. If he played for Rand than he knows what everyone on the team thought of him (Rand). I think he would have more knowledge than anyone who sits in the stands and observes from a distance. The people who play for the coach know the real story about him.

I think there is a lot of truth to the statements made by the bandit. That is, if he is real and played there. I do not fault or discredit anything he says.

This is my observation, and mine only, I think rand recruits well, due to the fact that he has an amazing school that is easy to bring in top recruits. I think his coaching ability is sub par due to the fact that he has these amazing players and still doesn't get it done, year after year.

Come on the lull in the middle of the season needs to be corrected by the coach.......

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post
                    Come on the lull in the middle of the season needs to be corrected by the coach.......
                    I saw most of every game the Bobcats played this year. With the exception of two games in December, this team never mailed it in, they just had a huge run of bad luck and no bounces. How in the world is a coach supposed to correct that? He's not on the ice making the shots or the saves. Lines were mixed up and guys were scratched in an attempt to shake things up and they still ended up with nothing to show for it. In my opinion, luck, or the lack thereof, was as big a factor as anything else. You can't hang it all on the coach.

As for the other stuff, all I can say is that I've never been on the other side of the locker room door so I can't confirm or deny the hearsay. I can say that I've spoken to a few players and parents over the past 2 or 3 seasons and never once got the impression that it was anywhere near as bad as RugBandit paints it.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thing about the midseason lull is that it happens EVERY season. Like clockwork. This is the main reason I think talk about Rand's performance is warranted. It's clear we were doing a lot of great things early in the season and other teams adjusted. When we were faced with adjusting to those things we didn't and thus the long slide from No. 4 in the country to mid-table ECAC.

Point is, if it was just this year. Ok. But its the same storyline each year. It's frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                        Thing about the midseason lull is that it happens EVERY season. Like clockwork. This is the main reason I think talk about Rand's performance is warranted. It's clear we were doing a lot of great things early in the season and other teams adjusted. When we were faced with adjusting to those things we didn't and thus the long slide from No. 4 in the country to mid-table ECAC.

Point is, if it was just this year. Ok. But its the same storyline each year. It's frustrating.

I agree 100%. This year i thought it was brutal! not winning a game from Dec. 12th against AIC to Feb. 6th at home against Colgate.

I hope next season the trend does not repeat but if it does i will remain optimistic and hope each game is the start of the team turning it around.

Comment

Thing about the midseason lull is that it happens EVERY season. Like clockwork. This is the main reason I think talk about Rand's performance is warranted.
                          When we were 13-1 to start the season were you guys ready to nominate Rand for coach of the year?

I guess I just look at this from a different point of view. The season was successful overall, as has every season since joining the ECAC. Granted it could have been much better, but the team did rebound in time to get home ice in the playoffs and played well in the post season. Coaching most certainly had a part in that.

I still think we need to give Rand 2 or 3 more seasons to put together a consistent contender. Remember, this years juniors and seniors were likely recruited before the Bank opened so it was probably this years sophomores that were the first recruiting class to see the Bank in use when they visited campus. Obviously this years freshmen diplayed a lot more talent than we initially thought they would so the coach and his staff are doing something right. Prior to that all Pecknold had was some fancy architectural drawings and a construction site to show potential players. He now has the full complement of tools at his disposal and we need to give him time to see if he can make them work to our advantage.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

"When we were 13-1 to start the season were you guys ready to nominate Rand for coach of the year?"

Absolutely. But in the same misguided way that I'm getting excited about the Mets stringing together some wins. Plenty of games left to prove me right/wrong.

Not willing to look for it but after the good start, I made a point to credit Rand for preparing our freshmen so well. I don't think anyone in their right mind can say he has anything but a fine record with extracting some good seasons out of first years.

I'm not saying he should be fired at all. I just think we may be justified in asking more of our team given certain advantages we enjoy. When the coach is the constant year on year, the blame (and credit) falls to him.

Any luck on the RugBandit identity? Shouldn't be hard to track down a list of Bobcats to play AHL. If he'd like to ID himself, that'd be welcome too.

Comment

I'm not saying he should be fired at all. I just think we may be justified in asking more of our team given certain advantages we enjoy. When the coach is the constant year on year, the blame (and credit) falls to him.

Any luck on the RugBandit identity? Shouldn't be hard to track down a list of Bobcats to play AHL. If he'd like to ID himself, that'd be welcome too.
                              Pretty much my stance on our favorite issue. Ha, once upon a time I had similar feelings toward Bud Fisher though... and we know how that turned out. I promise though I won't start to sound like rugbandit!

Speaking of which... there can't be too long a list of QU players to play in the AHL... especially going back more than a couple years. Though unfortunately I don't care that much to do the research.

Comment

MarkEagleUSA,

Any season that doesn't result in a birth to the NCAA Tournament is a failure, period.

-QURugbandit

Comment

Working...
                                X