Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML offseason looking towards 2010/11 season

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Former River Hawk Ben Walter signs with Colorado.
    I wonder how that one extra year might have helped...
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      eh, its not like Blaise has been working miracles nor has he been lost on the AHL depth charts. I think it would have been great for us had he stayed. Lets try to keep this last decade in the past... 2002, 2006, 2010... what could have been.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Hi Monty, How was the World cup?

Comment

It would suck for HE and of course far worse for UML if Melchori goes to Kitchner.

Unless there is a true difference in the skill development process via MJ I just don't see the benefit on any level of going the MJ route. go to school free, live it up with the educated women climbing all over you, and if you're good your pro career is going to be there no matter which path you take. But the one SURE thing is that your career will end in your 30's or by 40 (Mark Recchi is a rare exception) and you're going to want to do something with your life from there on and the college degree is going to pay off for SURE.

So I hope he defies what sounds like rather intense extended family pressure to join Kitchner.

The only College people hoping he goes to Kitchner are at PC where they are secretely hoping that some high schools joins HE before the season starts. Without this kid UML will just suffer all the more this coming season.

Comment

I asked scott kaplan about him leaving and he told me that Bob Ellis said it is not going happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
              I asked scott kaplan about him leaving and he told me that Bob Ellis said it is not going happen.
              Unless Bob is in Melchiori's head, he really can't know. All he can do is speculate.
              Hi Monty, How was the World cup?
              Amazing experience.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
                That is NOT what I said. When I asked Bob, he said he didn't think it was a big concern, as he hadn't heard much talk about it from the coaches.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Great news. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Julian Melchiori selects college hockey route.

Julian Melchiori has made up his mind: The Thrashers draft pick will attend college, despite the significant pull to play junior hockey.
                  I’m going to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell,” Melchiori said. “It’s a good opportunity for me to go in and play. I’m looking forward to it."

Comment

Great news. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Julian Melchiori selects college hockey route.
                    that and because of this article we get an in with all that greater-Atlanta talent...

any day now. I can feel it.

edit: assuming Melchiori does make it to campus... what's the read on him... I've seen things mentioned that he maybe more of an offensive defenseman... if so, does that take pressure off of Edwards?
                    Last edited by Patman; 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Fantastic! Lowell has a great recruiting class, and this group could really be one of the best they've ever had. The headliner staying in makes that all the more important.
                      Monty

Comment

That's good news to hear!!!! I will down in Atlanta july 29-aug4 I will see if any other stories pop up in the paper when i'm down there!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rox22 View Post
                          Sorry to pass along the bad news, but things aren't looking good for Melchiori showing up in Lowell. OHL is putting on the full court press:

http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/739456
                          Here's a follow up article by the same writer from The Record after Melchiori selects the college route.

Comment

Here's a follow up article by the same writer from The Record after Melchiori selects the college route.
                            I like that he did, but his comment about "It’s not really about the education" means he's gone as quickly as he can.
                            Monty

Comment

I like that he did, but his comment about "It’s not really about the education" means he's gone as quickly as he can.
                              Agree. Although, it may take him a few years to fill out. Here's a description of him from one of the Thrasher blogs.
                              Defenseman "thin as a rail, surprisingly quick feet, fine puckhandling ability...nice hands" Red LIne Report. A skinny D with potential--sounds similar to Paul Postma.

Melchiori has a number of pro hockey players in his extended family. He will be attending Lowell in the Hockey East college hockey league next year.
                              http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com...s-draft-julian

Comment

What condescending major junior bullcrap.
                                MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                                NCAA Appearance: 2007
                                1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                                http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X