Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML offseason looking towards 2010/11 season

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Jaqui (can't remember last name ) won the shot put in the Nationals- she made the channel 4 sports news last night! Great job. Threw over 50 feet
    Barrett. Great job Jacqui!
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
      He was a good assistant coach for Lowell. but a better opportunity can along and he jumped at it. I can't blame him for taking a head coaching job. Best wishes to him at his new job.
      Not a total surprise as I always thought it was only a matter of time before Shawn moved on. Best of luck to him at Rivers. It will be interesting to see who Blaise brings in to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Not a total surprise as I always thought it was only a matter of time before Shawn moved on. Best of luck to him at Rivers. It will be interesting to see who Blaise brings in to replace him.
        A good recruiter!
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          to bad blaise isn't going to rivers!
          2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
          2012 NCAA Final 8
          2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
          2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

Hutton to San Jose now official.
            Monty

Comment

I notice that Lowell will lose its AHL team, which comes as no surprise since they are routinely at the bottom of the list for attendance. Did UM Lowell out-draw the AHL team on a per-game average?

The Tsongas arena is as average as they come, but the seating capacity seems suitable at around 6,000 or so. IMO it can be a confusing place to find unless you know Lowell reasonably well.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                I notice that Lowell will lose its AHL team, which comes as no surprise since they are routinely at the bottom of the list for attendance. Did UM Lowell out-draw the AHL team on a per-game average?

The Tsongas arena is as average as they come, but the seating capacity seems suitable at around 6,000 or so. IMO it can be a confusing place to find unless you know Lowell reasonably well.
                UML out drew the Devils in terms of fans per game by 2100.

Also, I think you should review some of the media deeper in the thread in terms of renovation.

Further, the arena is NOT hard to find. Lowell Connector to Exit 5B? continue with the flow of traffic until you get to the arena.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UML averaged around 4600 last season. I think the Devils were under 2000.

The Tsongas Arena is as average as they come? Have you been there? The Tsongas is a great place to watch hockey and I think 99% of opposing fans who have been there would agree with me.

If you cant find the Tsongas, you may have issues.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    UML out drew the Devils in terms of fans per game by 2100.

Also, I think you should review some of the media deeper in the thread in terms of renovation.

Further, the arena is NOT hard to find. Lowell Connector to Exit 5B? continue with the flow of traffic until you get to the arena.
                    Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                    UML averaged around 4600 last season. I think the Devils were under 2000.

The Tsongas Arena is as average as they come? Have you been there? The Tsongas is a great place to watch hockey and I think 99% of opposing fans who have been there would agree with me.

If you cant find the Tsongas, you may have issues.
                    What they said. In terms of being state of the art, Tsongas (with the new renovations) is behind only Agganis in Hockey East. Although I've never gone to Tsongas any way other than Route 3 north to the Connector, I can't imagine it being hard to get to from any direction. It's all main roads and pretty much a straight shot no matter which highway you're coming from.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The Tsongas arena is as average as they come
                      Wait ... what?
                      Monty

Comment

I forgot that the Whit is a highly rated, state of the art facility. Silly me

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          I forgot that the Whit is a highly rated, state of the art facility. Silly me
                          Plus much easier to get to.
                          Monty

Comment

I've been many times and it's a great venue for hockey as well as basketball. The high school tourney is a great take............but UML was in the playoffs this past year and the dates knocked the high school BBall out to another site. Great for UML, bad for the MIAA as that is their showcase event IMO. 4 consecutive games starting at 11 i think

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Plus much easier to get to.
                              93 -> 101 -> some back road -> another back road -> additional back road -> giant awful parking lot

what's not to get

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                What they said. In terms of being state of the art, Tsongas (with the new renovations) is behind only Agganis in Hockey East. Although I've never gone to Tsongas any way other than Route 3 north to the Connector, I can't imagine it being hard to get to from any direction. It's all main roads and pretty much a straight shot no matter which highway you're coming from.
                                And it has fried dough, which automatically elevates it, even if it was difficult to get to, which it is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X