Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Not much activity here in USCHOland concerning the Purple Mavericks this past year, but I know there are still some of us out there.

What can we say about 2009-2010? We pretty much finished where we thought. While the team did play better in its last few contests of the year, they still aren't going to be in St. Paul for the Final Five.

I couldn't follow the games against SCSU close this past weekend, but was getting updates. I cannot lie: I was pretty excited Sunday night thinking there was a chance.

So it goes. Our crew will still be at the Final Five; love that WCHA hockey. If there is any interest in a Maverick meet-up of sorts, please let me know.
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Re: Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

On a positive note, Cook looks like he has a strong future.

Comment

Where will Pitlick go in the draft? Will he be here three years? I don't see four.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
        I hope so
        Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        Where will Pitlick go in the draft? Will he be here three years? I don't see four.
        I would say late 1st round. In my entirely unscientific estimation, there is a < 1% chance he stays 4 years and 50/50 he makes it to 3 [depending on how year #2 goes].
        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          yeah, it definately looks like you guys got the answer in goal for the next couple years. hopefully the mavs build off this years finish and get stronger next year. it would be nice to see all the minnesota teams finish towards the top of the wcha.
          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
          www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

just checking in for the off season post. I think Pitlick will be here 2 years, three depending on who drafts him (hopefully no one desperate to mold their own 19 yr old forward or we may be in trouble).
            I'm curious to see who steps up to run this team with the leadership graduating and excited to see the new class come in. Hopefully they can jump in the tempo early and get some chemistry or I think we may have a harsh start to the year.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
              Hopefully they can jump in the tempo early and get some chemistry or I think we may have a harsh start to the year.
              That's the problem every year, year after year. Terrible starts have them buried, then they start to play fairly well when it's way too late to even consider home ice. Jutting always goes on about how much they've "improved" over the course of the year. You know what he's trying to say there; he's trying to take credit for coaching them up. Well, how about having them ready from the opening bell for a change?
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

That's always rubbed me the wrong way too. Why do they need to improve so much during the course of the year? If they finish strong and don't lose anyone (we essentially only lost Bruess this last year), why doesn't it carry over? why the need to start from scratch every year?
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

In each of the last two years, they've won one more game in the first half of the year than they have in the last half of the year. I'd say the effort was pretty consistent throughout the year this year.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

There is already talent on the team. Talent that hardly ever saw the ice. A lot of "healthy scratches" that could have benefitted the team. There is already leadership on the team. It would be nice to see quality kids/players supported and encouraged by quality coaches. The Mavs continue to have the potential to be a top 5 team, they don't need a ton of new talent to be successful next year.

Comment

Irwin and Moullierat go to Idaho, ECHL per Shane's blog

http://mankatofreepresshockey.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pitlick to whl? anyone have something solid, only rumors right now?

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                          Pitlick to whl? anyone have something solid, only rumors right now?
                          Really?!? I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. ****, if true.
                          Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                            Really?!? I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. ****, if true.
                            I think I would get physically sick if that happened. And then I curl up in a little ball and cry.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Minnesota's budget runs on two year cycles, right? Has there been any progress on the new arena? Any chance this gets built on campus? I assume you are a shoe in next session as SCSU, UMD, UMC and BSU got their diggs last go around. Oh yeah, when are you guys going to make a leap to the Summit and DI?
                              Just a Bison Fan pulling for MSU Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X