Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
    Seriously? A month on the road?

2010-11 Minnesota State Men's Hockey Schedule
    At least the majority of December and January are home, as well as the series to end the year. Sucks, however, when you really want to watch hockey in November.
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Really? They would rather have two games in St. Cloud rather than having one of them in Mankato?
      Yes, I think they'd rather have one weekend every other year where people stay in town in hotels, eating in restaurants and drinking in bars, than one weekend every year where people drive to town, watch the game, and drive back home.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I look at it this way. We have 2 weekends of hockey rather than just 1.

Much better on my opinion.

Comment

I look at it this way. We have 2 weekends of hockey rather than just 1.

Much better on my opinion.
          You live in Edina. Mankato could use the money.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

What does me living in Edina have to do with Home and Home series?

Comment

If everything goes right, I am planning to go to the AIC games in January. (Have a friend who moved to Lanesboro, with a diner.) How are the roads, generally, from Mankato to Lanesboro in the winter?

Comment

What does me living in Edina have to do with Home and Home series?
                Because the economics have no impact on you.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                  How are the roads, generally, from Mankato to Lanesboro in the winter?
                  Seriously? Completely unreliable. You're talking about extremely rural roads for well over a hundred miles.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    Seriously? Completely unreliable. You're talking about extremely rural roads for well over a hundred miles.
                    It's not that bad. It's only about 45 miles up to Rochester, and then you'd come in on 14, which is major enough that it shouldn't be too bad. Or about 40 miles to get on I90, and then come up 22.

Either way, it's probably a solid 2 and half hour drive, but shouldn't be bad unless it snows that day.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      It's not that bad. It's only about 45 miles up to Rochester, and then you'd come in on 14, which is major enough that it shouldn't be too bad. Or about 40 miles to get on I90, and then come up 22.

Either way, it's probably a solid 2 and half hour drive, but shouldn't be bad unless it snows that day.
                      And that 40 or 45 miles is roads that could be wind-blown and un-plowed. I've made the drive to Rochester in the winter, and was glad to get there alive. 14 can be a real ***** in the winter, and 22 north from I-90? Are you kidding?

I'm just trying to be honest; it's extremely unreliable to expect to get to Mankato from there in the winter.

Comment

Because the economics have no impact on you.
                        Right? Do you own a bar, hotel, or restaurant?

Comment

Right? Do you own a bar, hotel, or restaurant?
                          Do you understand the impact on a local economy, and how that affects everyone there? Money spent in town gets circulated in town. Taxes in town stay in town.

Comment

Do you understand the impact on a local economy, and how that affects everyone there? Money spent in town gets circulated in town. Taxes in town stay in town.
                            That's my point also. Several of the business owners in town commented a couple of years ago that when they took away the Gopher series, they took away the biggest revenue night of the year away. That doesn't just hurt the business, that hurts the community and eventually the team (because of all the ill-will that is caused).

As for the actual experience, I would prefer to be in Mankato for an entire weekend with people from SCSU or UMN traveling for the entire weekend. The atmosphere on Saturday night last year after the MSU/UMN game was fantastic. If you have that for two nights it only get amplified.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Thank you for the talk about the road from Lanesboro to Rochester in the winter. Obviously in the spring(when I drove it), it was perfectly fine. I will have to play the trip by ear and watch the weather.

Comment

lines for 2010?

Comment

Working...
                                X