Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-III Player of the Year finalists announced

http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/0910/0315wats.html

Favorites have to be Selleck, Martinson, and Klinger IMHO.

No disrespect to Dahlinger intended but I dont see him getting it over any of these three.

Re: D-III Player of the Year finalists announced

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
    http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/0910/0315wats.html

Favorites have to be Selleck, Martinson, and Klinger IMHO.

No disrespect to Dahlinger intended but I dont see him getting it over any of these three.
    Bryan Hince 2.63gaa
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      funnnnnnnnnnyyyyy

Comment

I'd go with Martinson.

Comment

Klinger or Musslewhite seem like the logical choices with edge to Musslewhite as NU has played great team D limiting shots, scoring chances etc. GO WICK

Comment

Originally posted by NU Fans View Post
            Klinger or Musslewhite seem like the logical choices with edge to Musslewhite as NU has played great team D limiting shots, scoring chances etc. GO WICK
            Ummm sure maybe if Musslewhite was NOMINTATED??

i think it goes to Klinger as it probably should go to Selleck, but with Selleck just being a soph. he will have more hardware to win in years to come.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Winner announced

Here is the player of the year.

http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/0910/0318wats.html

Congratulations to all those nominated.

Comment

Re: Winner announced

I thought Selleck or Klinger should have won. Martinson has some good stats, but in the words of The Miz...

REALLY?
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Honestly I could be a little biased but how does Selleck not win? The guy led the nation in scoring for one on a team that was ranked number for a good portion of the season? Maybe it is just me.
                  Oswego State 2000

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS 2006-2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

Comment

Re: Winner announced

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    I thought Selleck or Klinger should have won. Martinson has some good stats, but in the words of The Miz...

REALLY?
                    And how many times did you see him play? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Laker2000 View Post
                      Honestly I could be a little biased but how does Selleck not win? The guy led the nation in scoring for one on a team that was ranked number for a good portion of the season? Maybe it is just me.
                      First, while I do agree that he deserves to be named, the fact that he was "on a team that was ranked number for a good portion of the season", IMO doesn't help his cause. It is much easier to play and score when you're on a great team. A standout on the team certainly, but "Player of the Year" - being on a number one ranked team, raises the bar.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Western bias?

I hear what you are saying. Not unprecedented. An example off the top of my head: back a few years (2000 maybe?) Wisconsin finished the year ranked #1 and I'm pretty Steve Reinprecht led the nation in scoring but Mike Mottau won it... so, lots of factors...
                        St. Norbert College Green Knights
                        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        ---
                        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I think Martinson deserves it.

The man is an absolute beast around the net. Not saying Selleck isn't but having seen both players play, I'd give the edge to Martinson.

Martinson's linemates weren't nearly as talented as Fox/Lags and I think if you take Selleck out, Oswego is still a top five team.

You take Martinson off GAC, they are borderline top 15.

Martinson was probably also aided by his senior status.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

The man is an absolute beast around the net. Not saying Selleck isn't but having seen both players play, I'd give the edge to Martinson.

Martinson's linemates weren't nearly as talented as Fox/Lags and I think if you take Selleck out, Oswego is still a top five team.

I agree. I attended the SNC vs. GAC game in Mankato last year knowing very little about GAC going in. I came out with one name - Martinson. The guy was a montster last year and followed it up with better year this year.

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

REALLY?
                              Hockey exists outside of western/central New York.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

It frightens me to say this, but, I agree with Prez.
                              2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                              2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                              2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                              Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Working...
                              X