Cheap *** Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap *** Sioux!

Good to see the sioux lower themselves back down to their own level.
    Last edited by Husky4Life; 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM.
    SCSU!

Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

You better watch out
    You better not cry
    Better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    Frattin is coming to kick your arse

He's making a list
    And checking it twice;
    Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice

He sees you when you're sleeping
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for goodness sake!
    O! You better watch out!
    You better not cry
    Better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

wow this thread is not going to get closed.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I was able to watch the game on Dish Network last night; there were some big ****ing hits BOTH ways!!! tRug & Wooger were really whining about almost every hit on MN. Of course the refs weren't up to the challenge .

I'm not sayin' they were all "clean" hockey hits, but this isn't soccer, Frankie & Wooger.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I'm not sayin' they were all "clean" hockey hits, but this isn't soccer, Frankie & Wooger.
          Knee-on-knee that injured Leddy = not clean.
          Charging/contact to the head that injured Wehrs = not clean.

The fact that the first did not result in any penalty while the second did not result in the ejection of the offending player (who later added insult to injury by scoring a goal) pretty much guarantees a high level of anger / *****ing by the Gopher fanbase / commentators and rightfully so.

If you don't like MN's broadcast, pipe in the other team's audio while watching the tv feed. It's not that complicated. I don't understand why people continually ***** about our broadcast team when a solution is so obvious. I guess it just proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the people who continually gripe about the FSN broadcasts aren't particularly bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post

I guess it just proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the people who continually gripe about the FSN broadcasts aren't particularly bright.
            Did they show a replay of the knee-on-knee at all? It was shown on the very side of the screen as the play left the zone, so you barely saw it on camera, and then they didn't show it again from what I saw. From that, I couldn't tell what transpired from the hit.

In regards to the FSN crew, I like Wooger. Frank is a homer, but that's what he should be...he's a Gopher broadcaster. Same thing goes for any home announcer, so I expect that, as most fans should. I like the tandem of Frank/Wooger.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

For the record, I saw a knee-on-knee check to UND's Joe Gleason that caused him to limp off the ice. The Gophers weren't angels, either.
              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Did they show a replay of the knee-on-knee at all? It was shown on the very side of the screen as the play left the zone, so you barely saw it on camera, and then they didn't show it again from what I saw. From that, I couldn't tell what transpired from the hit.

In regards to the FSN crew, I like Wooger. Frank is a homer, but that's what he should be...he's a Gopher broadcaster. Same thing goes for any home announcer, so I expect that, as most fans should. I like the tandem of Frank/Wooger.
                They showed a replay of the knee on knee. It was as bad as the one Boogard got suspended for at the NHL level.

Woog/Frank bashing is always in season around here. It'll never change.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

didn't see the Leddy hit but the Frattin hit was a fairly ordinary, if hard, charging penalty. 5 minutes was probably the right call with the emphasis on blows to the head but if Wehrs had had his head up, it would not have been that bad. Suspension is not called for, it was face to face, not from behind.
                  Start a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Start a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The fact that the first did not result in any penalty while the second did not result in the ejection of the offending player (who later added insult to injury by scoring a goal) pretty much guarantees a high level of anger / *****ing by the Gopher fanbase / commentators and rightfully so.

If you don't like MN's broadcast, pipe in the other team's audio
                    while watching the tv feed. It's not that complicated. I don't understand why people continually ***** about our broadcast team when a solution is so obvious. I guess it just proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the people who continually gripe about the FSN broadcasts aren't particularly bright.
                    *I DID write..."I'm not sayin' they were all "clean" hockey hits, but this isn't soccer, Frankie & Wooger".

*I had no choice regarding audio on DISH, but can handle the FSN North pair, especially Woog. I didn't call them names, I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about, I understand their place as hometown announcers. I simply stated they were whining after every hit....especially Frank.

* I haven't *****ed about them in the past but I guess you've already painted me as not particularly bright.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Landshark View Post
                      didn't see the Leddy hit but the Frattin hit was a fairly ordinary, if hard, charging penalty. 5 minutes was probably the right call with the emphasis on blows to the head but if Wehrs had had his head up, it would not have been that bad. Suspension is not called for, it was face to face, not from behind.
                      Don't forget, Wehrs was moving around on the ice after he got hit, so clearly he was faking it, or at least embellishing his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        *I had no choice regarding audio on DISH, but can handle the FSN North pair, especially Woog. I didn't call them names, I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about, I understand their place as hometown announcers. I simply stated they were whining after every hit....especially Frank.
                        1. You always have a choice. Turn off the audio if its so horrible.
                        2. They didn't whine after every hit. You embellish that like Earl embellished every time someone made contact with him (cue EoDS to call me a whiner. )

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                          1. You always have a choice. Turn off the audio if its so horrible.
                          2. They didn't whine after every hit. You embellish that like Cepis embellishes every time someone made contact with him (cue EoDS to call me a whiner. )
                          Made your post current. You're welcome!
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                            For the record, I saw a knee-on-knee check to UND's Joe Gleason that caused him to limp off the ice. The Gophers weren't angels, either.
                            The worse part about the knee to knee on Leddy was that it was way late. The play could have been called interference as well. In that case serious intent was made. I'm not saying the Gophers are angels, but in a game where the officials gave the gophers three more penalties then the Souix, I think Doug and Wooger have a grip. The fact is that Ovechkin got the gate and might get suspend for a hit on Brian Campbell that was half as dirty as the hit on Wehrs earlier in the day.

I wouldn't imagine Sioux fans being at all ****ed if someone like Budish laid that hit on a Sioux defenseman and then scored later on. :Sarcasm: This is Sheppard's fault, he should have ended it and kicked out Frattin. I was hoping that Wehrs would come out back on the ice only about seven years older, thirty pounds heavier, two inches taller, and go by the name of DiMarchi.
                            Used RCA television $60
                            Monthly Cable bill $40
                            Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                            P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Made your post current. You're welcome!
                              You know, Skeeter is the one who makes the claim, but I think you're truly the one who's "Here to help." I'm not sure what we'd do without you, Dirty.

Comment

Working...
                              X