Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
    Anybody notice that Wehrs ducks right before the hit? That may have contributed to the head contact. Just maybe.
    Too funny.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
      Anybody notice that Wehrs ducks right before the hit? That may have contributed to the head contact. Just maybe.
      Of all the comments about this incident, this is the easily the dumbest.

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
      Doesn't Wehrs have any responsibility to protect himself, when he sees an obvious check coming?

Nevermind, ExRider. You've been trumped.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgie74 View Post
        Apparently the WCHA does not agree with you, they suspended Frattin for one game. IMHO it should have been at least for the rest of the season.
        ? That's a little over the top. Especially in light of the suspensions handed out this season. While a comparison to Genoway is not realistic, this hit (by SCSU Marvin) did not warrant more than this, Further, Lamo dropping his gloves (not punching) equals one game suspension.

The reality is the WCHA has not been consistent with this re all teams. I am all for trying to protect the players from serious injury, but let's not lose sight that this is a high intensity, violent, contact sport! That is part of why we all love it.

The game is over, the suspension is final. I am ready to watch the Final Five and cheer on the Sioux. If you want to dwell on it, that is fine. That is why we have this chat board. I am ready to move on.

Go Sioux! KEEP THE NICKNAME!

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
          Doesn't Wehrs have any responsibility to protect himself, when he sees an obvious check coming?
          So as far as you're concerned he had it coming then and probably wanted to miss the rest of the game with a concussion as well right?
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Yes. In fact the WCHA should suspend Wehrs for Minnesota's first game next year instead of suspending Frattin. The hit was obviously Kevin's fault.
            hahahaha
            "Props to them. They came to a war with guns and we came with butter knives..."
            Minnesota senior defenseman R.J. Anderson said after North Dakota swept the Gophers on January 9-10.

Message to Chay Genoway: thank you so very much, now win that **** NCAA title!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Facts:
              1. I hate NoDak
              2. I really, really, dislike, almost hate the gophs
              3. Frattin has no 5 min. majors or misconducts since returning from his off ice suspension.

Opinion:
              1. The refs were correct--5 min. major
              2. Could have been a misconduct.
              3. WCHA was correct--suspension was appropriate.

4. Frattin's comment to the media after the game were really ill advised. And tended to make him look like a thug.
              5. Frattin is now on the list. He will be watched.
              6. I think I dislike Hextall more than Gregoire the Traitoire.
              I think that is fair.
              Last edited by Goon; 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                Is it fair is to imply that this was the point of contact, when a previous frame shows Frattin and Wehrs sandwiched together with Frattins feet on the ice. Are you saying that after they hit, Frattin "jumped him"
                You are smarter than this. Of course his skates were on the ice before they were not - that's all part of the act of leaping. That it didn't happen until just before/after he made contact doesn't negate the probability (based upon what transpired) that he intentionally left his feet. I really fail to follow the logical progression physically that he was launched into the air because of the reaction to the hit, rather than by the act itself.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-17-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  You are smarter than this. Of course his skates were on the ice before they were not - that's all part of the act of leaping. That it didn't happen until just before/after he made contact doesn't negate the probability (based upon what transpired) that he intentionally left his feet. I really fail to follow the logical progression physically that he was launched into the air because of the reaction to the hit, rather than by the act itself.
                  Here's the logic from my pea brain. Like a bicyclist that hits a log in the road and is launched over the handle bars because part of his momentum (the bike's part) was stopped but his body is still going. In Frattins case his upper body meets resistance form wehrs (however small ) and his lower body keeps going. This reason I think that this physical result is plausible is I dont get how he leaps forward after the amount of contact that is shown in the still frames. There is no still frame that I have seen that shows him in the act of launching himself.

The main reason I am debating this is that so many folks rush to conclusions that the very worst possible chain of events occured. When the data available appear inconclusive, I prefer not to assume the worst, but to withhold judgment. Maybe he intentionally did, maybe not.

All opposing college hockey fans have reason to hate UND. When the Sioux win, often times its not just on the scoreboard but physically punishing/humiliating as well. This hatred is coloring the view of this event.

Now, what is causing Socal and some others to claim the hit was clean or Wehrs somehow culpable, I have no clue, and I apologize to the entire USCHO community for these nimrods and their twisted views,

Comment

Like a bicyclist that hits a log in the road and is launched over the handle bars because part of his momentum (the bike's part) was stopped but his body is still going. In Frattins case his upper body meets resistance form wehrs (however small ) and his lower body keeps going.
                    I'm a Sioux fan. And of course, that's the way I see it. But again, I'm a Sioux fan.
                    The main reason I am debating this is that so many folks rush to conclusions that the very worst possible chain of events occured.
                    They are also a bit upset that Sioux fans don't rush to the same worst possible conclusion about Frattin's hit. Remember how SCSU fans initially wrote that Marvin's inadvertent hit on Genoway was simply unfortunate, and that we should all just get over it? Took about 5 seconds for the firestorm to blow back against that crap. Same thing here.

Comment

Halos, halos everywhere!

Comment

Here's the logic from my pea brain. Like a bicyclist that hits a log in the road and is launched over the handle bars because part of his momentum (the bike's part) was stopped but his body is still going. In Frattins case his upper body meets resistance form wehrs (however small ) and his lower body keeps going. This reason I think that this physical result is plausible is I dont get how he leaps forward after the amount of contact that is shown in the still frames. There is no still frame that I have seen that shows him in the act of launching himself.
                        This "logic" is so flawed I'm not even sure where to begin. But I'll try.
                        1. A person riding a bicycle is two objects that aren't attached to one another. You're comparing apples to oranges.
                        2. The rider is launched because he isn't attached to the bike and the bike wheel collides with the log which is considerably lower than the weight of the person, therefore launching him.
                        3. If Frattin's upper body stopped moving but his lower body kept moving, wouldn't that mean that his legs/feet would have kept moving forward, causing him to appear to fall backward? That's not what happened. His upper body kept moving right along with his lower body and they both kept moving in a upward angular direction, caused only by an attempt at going high and hard by Frattin. There's no other explanation.
                        4. If the god**** still frames are all you're going to keep falling back on, that's too bad. Pictures never tell the whole story. The video is much more obvious as to what happened, and what his intent was.

Look, I really do understand what you're trying to get at. But your logic is fundamentally flawed. There's no getting around it.

Comment

Hurry up people and give me some negative rep, I can't stand being green like the Sioux anymore!
                          Last edited by Husky4Life; 03-17-2010, 01:22 PM.
                          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                            Hurry up people and negative rep me! I cant stand being green like the Sioux anymore!
                            I won't neg rep you...i like the Nordeast. Probably the worst place I've lived, but bars were cool, kind of.
                            THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                            1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                            1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                            University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                            University of Oregon Ducks Football
                            San Francisco Giants
                            Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Anyone see Kangas push Frattin after that hit? I was kind of surprised that no one went after him for that. Wasn't that bad, but if I had seen that and I was playing...I don't know man...
                              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                              University of Oregon Ducks Football
                              San Francisco Giants
                              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                                Anyone see Kangas push Frattin after that hit? I was kind of surprised that no one went after him for that. Wasn't that bad, but if I had seen that and I was playing...I don't know man...
                                You would have done what? Carved him up bush league style? Yeah right.

Comment

Working...
                                X