USCHO Meet-and-Greet in Lake Placid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Meet-and-Greet in Lake Placid?

I was just talking to Webb, and we both like the idea of meeting up in Lake Placid, so we can put some more faces to the names here on the boards. With 40 people currently confirmed in the attendance thread, it is possible that we might manage to exceed 100 (counting posters who post once in a blue moon).

So, who likes the idea of meeting up in Placid? When and where would you all like to do this? Before the 4:00 game on Friday might not be ideal for people arriving in town that day (myself included), but Webb brought up the point that there should be plenty of time between the 4pm game and the 7:30pm game.* Another option would be to meet before the Saturday game, but that would be asking the fans of the semifinal losers to stick around .

What do you guys think? And would you have any suggestions for a venue? Not yet being 21, I'm not exactly familiar with most of the establishments in Lake Placid that you all would likely suggest.

Whether we meet in town or not, I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible this weekend!

NB: ORDA and USCHO have the second game as 7:30, NCAA has it being at 7:00.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Re: USCHO Meet-and-Greet in Lake Placid?

Before the late game Friday makes most sense.....

FYI - there will be an official Oswego Alumni event Friday night after the second game at a watering hole downtown that will be later today....I suspect the other's may have their own events as well....
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I'd be up for it. I don't know a place to suggest (at least I don't remember names).

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        NB: ORDA and USCHO have the second game as 7:30, NCAA has it being at 7:00.
        It's 4 and 7:30. Always believe ORDA (they are very well organized). Never believe the NCAA (we went through this last week here at USCHO making sure we got the times correct).

Meeting between the games can only be done in the arena, because you can't leave and return between games I believe.

And Webb should know better -- he and all the USCHO folks will be too busy between games to join the meeting. But we will have plenty of time later that night to drink with anyone.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Meeting between the games can only be done in the arena, because you can't leave and return between games I believe.
          You could leave last year. All sorts of people outside horking down heaters at intermissions and between games.
          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Here's a novel idea...

Since time is tight...

Why don't you just meet AFTER the second game?

Or is Jaslow going to be in bed by then?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

The second game will start no earlier than 60 minutes after the completion of game one.
              Oswego State '00
              SUNYAC Champs 80, 81, 82, 84, 89, 91, 03
              1987 + 2003 NCAA Runners-up

Clarkson Hockey
              ECACHL Champs 1966, 1991, 1993, 1999
              1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA Runners-up

Comment

Originally posted by berbs91 View Post
                The second game will start no earlier than 60 minutes after the completion of game one.
                That's still not very much time?

Why put a time limit on it?

Second game ends at 9:30...10 at the latest...you've got the bars to hit up the rest of the night.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm up for it. my wife doesn't post on here, but I think I'll have to bring her with me....... she's met one or two of the guys on here anyways.
                  Jim Reisdorf
                  Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Meeting between the games can only be done in the arena, because you can't leave and return between games I believe..
                    You have to be kidding. Why sell a three game pass if you cannot come and go as you please. That is nutso.
                    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

well looks like Remy will be making the trip up and we will be staying at the Hotel Saranac so I'm pretty up for anything after the games are over friday night.
                      Jim Reisdorf
                      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                        horking down heaters at intermissions
                        Canadian venacular, ay?
                        The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                          You could leave last year. All sorts of people outside horking down heaters at intermissions and between games.
                          horking down a heater? is this a gun reference?

"10 at the latest...you've got the bars to hit up the rest of the night."

you're assuming old farts like peddler can stay up that late.....

Comment

As long as I can stay awake and not in too much pain Ill go out after for a little bit. Gotta see how this 4 hour drive goes first...
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                              Canadian venacular, ay?
                              Is that what it is?.... this drinking lingo is "all French to me"
                              Last edited by jimmy d; 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM.
                              from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Working...
                              X