Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I don't get why it's so conspicuous. They played like a 7th place team all year. I find it fascinating that folks are so surprised they're not going to be in St. Paul.
    Surprised, no? Delighted, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
      I am going on the record by saying St Cloud will win this game, only because its on a friday and fridays are our turn with these series this year....
      I am attempting to go to the game friday, trying to scrounge up a little more dough and get down to the X. Anyone have an couple extra tickets for friday?
      Sorry. I took Friday afternoon off from work and my four tickets are spoken for including one for myself. Should be a good game.

And the Arrogance Absence will be So Conspicuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        You better be there. I'm not making a pilgrimage to the X if I can't visit the Pope.
        I'm always there, whether my team is there or not. Thursday should be a great game. I will be a little late for the Huskie vs. large burrowing ground rodent game. Club level.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
          Yeah, it's not surprising, just awesome.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Hope the play-in game goes to at least 4 o.ts with the tUMD pulling winning.
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

I feel a quiet confidence about our squad going into this game, or is that the guacamole I had at lunch?
              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                Enjoy yourself. They'll be plenty of room to move around.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Per the Center Ice Club Twitter, "The Eagle Street Grille is the official St. Cloud State gathering location for the WCHA Final Five".

Located at 174 W 7th Street. Closest establishment to the Xcel Center.

Friday, March 19
                  Pre-game: noon to 2:00 PM
                  Post Game: 4:30 to 6:30 PM

Saturday, March 20
                  Pre-Game: noon to 2:00 PM (regardless of matchup)
                  Pre-Game: 4:30 to 6:30 PM (regardless of matchup)
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Per the UMD Alumni Assoc: Tom Reid's will be the official gathering location for the UMD Bulldogs.
                    "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

• Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Well, there goes hanging out there this weekend.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        I am sure you can get in for half price if you buy from a scalper.
                        Thanks for the jinx TB
                        There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
                          I am going on the record by saying St Cloud will win this game, only because its on a friday and fridays are our turn with these series this year....
                          I am attempting to go to the game friday, trying to scrounge up a little more dough and get down to the X. Anyone have an couple extra tickets for friday?
                          Sorry TB I meant STC for me. not paying attention.
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

I'm not sure comparing SOG means anything from the previous meetings. I'm too lazy to research it, but SCSU has likely been out-shot by a fairly good margin over the course of the season...yet they are winning games and one of the best teams in the nation. SOG, as it has always been, is the most over-rated statistic in hockey.
                            St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                              I'm not sure comparing SOG means anything from the previous meetings. I'm too lazy to research it, but SCSU has likely been out-shot by a fairly good margin over the course of the season...yet they are winning games and one of the best teams in the nation. SOG, as it has always been, is the most over-rated statistic in hockey.

Does it make me conceited to quote myself? Oh well.

SCSU Shots-for: 1083
                              SCSU Shots-against: 1243
                              SCSU is -160 in shots over the course of the season.

Of course despite being handily out-shot, they are still +17 in goals (126-109).

SOG = useless
                              St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                Will this game flip a comparison somewhere? The Badgers and Huskies split the season series...this would break up that tie.
                                WI leads the SCSU comparison 5-2. Ive tried all kinds of combinations to see if there was a way SCSU could flip one of the other non-H2H comparisons to put it to a 4-4 flip, but there's really no way SCSU can do it. We can make it as high as 4th in the PWR, but no higher really. Actually, we can finish in a 3-way tie for 3rd with WI and BC, but we'd finish 5th in that scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X