Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    We're ready to roll. I mean, we just creamed Mankato, so that proves we're a championship team.

You heard it here first.

I'm here to help.
    Pope because you weren't there last night, I had to give the Final Five blessing
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

I am going on the record by saying St Cloud will win this game, only because its on a friday and fridays are our turn with these series this year....
      I am attempting to go to the game friday, trying to scrounge up a little more dough and get down to the X. Anyone have an couple extra tickets for friday?
      A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
        I am going on the record by saying St Cloud will win this game, only because its on a friday and fridays are our turn with these series this year....
        I am attempting to go to the game friday, trying to scrounge up a little more dough and get down to the X. Anyone have an couple extra tickets for friday?
        Just hit up a gopher fan.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

As long as both teams are on their game, this should be a real barnburner of a game. Both teams got a road win and a home win in the series this season in four games tighter than the final scores (especially at Herb's joint) would seem to indicate. Should be a real delight even for the casual fan to take in.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            As long as both teams are on their game, this should be a real barnburner of a game. Both teams got a road win and a home win in the series this season in four games tighter than the final scores (especially at Herb's joint) would seem to indicate. Should be a real delight even for the casual fan to take in.
            wasn't the 7-4 loss on a Saturday in Madison 5-4 about halfway through the 3rd? I know the scores are 4-1 in the split earlier in the year, but I can't recall how those games unfolded.
            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
            www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
              I am sure you can get in for half price if you buy from a scalper.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                wasn't the 7-4 loss on a Saturday in Madison 5-4 about halfway through the 3rd? I know the scores are 4-1 in the split earlier in the year, but I can't recall how those games unfolded.

I remember watching the first game and it was 2-1 with a minute to go, then St Cloud got an ENG and then another goal after that. I believe the shots were almost 2 to 1 for Wisconsin that night. I didn't get to see the Saturday night game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                  Change the names around a little bit and St. Cloud fans would probably say the same thing about playing Wisconsin.
                  fair enough... 3 close games against Mankato last weekend is kinda weird i thought.
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                    fair enough... 3 close games against Mankato last weekend is kinda weird i thought.
                    Which was actually 5 close games against Mankato over two straight weekends. Mankato's kind of an odd duck. They quite often have a lot of success against St. Cloud no matter how good either team has been playing. Doesn't seem to translate outside of the matchup, though.

(Mankato also came up on the losing end of a ton of close games this year, too)

Comment

Which was actually 5 close games against Mankato over two straight weekends. Mankato's kind of an odd duck. They quite often have a lot of success against St. Cloud no matter how good either team has been playing. Doesn't seem to translate outside of the matchup, though.

(Mankato also came up on the losing end of a ton of close games this year, too)
                      yeah as usual it will most likely come down to goaltending. both teams can strike quickly so a couple big saves may swing the game.
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

At the very least I hope we can come together as two fanbases with something we can both agree on and publicly mock the Gophers for their conspicuous absence.

Comment

At the very least I hope we can come together as two fanbases with something we can both agree on and publicly mock the Gophers for their conspicuous absence.
                          I both agree and will mock the gophers for their conspicuous absence. Although I doubt there will be many gopher fans there, as most of them aren't real college hockey fans.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                            Just hit up a gopher fan.
                            They don't have tickets. They never buy tickets until they know there team is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                              I both agree and will mock the gophers for their conspicuous absence. Although I doubt there will be many gopher fans there, as most of them aren't real college hockey fans.
                              You better be there. I'm not making a pilgrimage to the X if I can't visit the Pope.

Comment

I don't get why it's so conspicuous. They played like a 7th place team all year. I find it fascinating that folks are so surprised they're not going to be in St. Paul.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X