X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Golden Gopher 2010 Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Q & A with Coach Lucia in the Pioneer Press
    Finally he is starting to recruit kids with more grit. I have been saying this for years. A couple of things has bothered me the past three years. 1.) Why are the Gophers consistently passing the puck laterally? Pass the puck north and south and shoot and good things will happen. It is almost like the players are afraid to go to the net and score mucky goals the old fashion way. Just a note future Gopher players that example is how the majority of goals scored in the NHL. 2.) tDon needs to continue to recruit power foward types. The reason? See example 1. From the looks of it tDon agrees look at the upcoming recruits.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      owned by the UND student section
      Owned???? Funny...

Some UND fan was holding up a sign that had Kangas’ cell phone number on it so I said “I’m going to get that sign” started running down there and was greeted by a stairwell full of UND fans…..one thing led to another and I was punched in the back of the head (more annoying than anything so it must have been a girl??) and pushed into the wall so I grabbed the first Kelly green shirt I saw and threw him down the stairs, and then landed a left on the one behind me and then pushed another one down the stairs and I just punched and pushed my way out of there until, in all fairness, a couple of UND fans broke it up and more than likely saved my ***….and I did get a little scratched up and lost a little blood….but I wasn’t going to go out like a chump. So everything being equal…..ask a few of those guys who got ‘owned’.

Oh...the guy w/ the sign was gone when I got down there
      "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

someone who knows more about Gopher Hockey than you can ever dream.
        now you're just being stupid...
        "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Originally posted by Duey View Post
          Owned???? Funny...

Some UND fan was holding up a sign that had Kangas’ cell phone number on it so I said “I’m going to get that sign” started running down there and was greeted by a stairwell full of UND fans…..one thing led to another and I was punched in the back of the head (more annoying than anything so it must have been a girl??) and pushed into the wall so I grabbed the first Kelly green shirt I saw and threw him down the stairs, and then landed a left on the one behind me and then pushed another one down the stairs and I just punched and pushed my way out of there until, in all fairness, a couple of UND fans broke it up and more than likely saved my ***….and I did get a little scratched up and lost a little blood….but I wasn’t going to go out like a chump. So everything being equal…..ask a few of those guys who got ‘owned’.

You should have been more clear that you are not, in fact, the second coming of Custer. Completely your fault.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Completely your fault.
            I wasn't asking for a ruling on who was at fault. I was responding to Dirty....

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
              It wasn't the AD, it was FSN.
              I get that, I should have been more clear. Here in WI, the radio/tv announcers can't take a crap without the AD's (Athletic Department or Directors) approval. The announcers have to be ok'd by the University. I assumed that was the same dynamic at Minnesota. But I am only speculating.
              Go Badgers!

Comment

Owned???? Funny...

So you were assaulted and committed assault because you wanted Kangas' phone number? And I thought Dirty was gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that )

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  So you were assaulted and committed assault because you wanted Kangas' phone number? And I thought Dirty was gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that )
                  Oh don't worry, there is nothing in duey's story that keeps Dirty from being gay.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Owned???? Funny...

Can you skate and play any Defense?
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Don Lucia to return next season. no real suprise.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1477831...=1&forced=true
                      Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                        Don Lucia to return next season. no real suprise.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1477831...=1&forced=true
                        Shooter headline: "We Landed on the Moon!"
                        04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                        USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                        I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                        Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                        I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Finally he is starting to recruit kids with more grit. I have been saying this for years. A couple of things has bothered me the past three years. 1.) Why are the Gophers consistently passing the puck laterally? Pass the puck north and south and shoot and good things will happen. It is almost like the players are afraid to go to the net and score mucky goals the old fashion way. Just a note future Gopher players that example is how the majority of goals scored in the NHL. 2.) tDon needs to continue to recruit power foward types. The reason? See example 1. From the looks of it tDon agrees look at the upcoming recruits.
                          agreed, the gophs have played without grit since benny h. in the 90s...looks what happened in the last nodak game...Hakstol obviously said something in the middle of the game and his players started hitting everything in sight...and instead of coming up to their level...we pussied out and folded...that's not gopher hockey as i remember growing up...the gophs would never back down to anyone

i think grit can be and should be taught...something the gopher staff is obviously inept about

Comment

Grant Potulny had no grit...huh I must have been watching a different team.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Grant Potulny had no grit...huh I must have been watching a different team.
                              Don't forget Fleming, Waibel, Demarchi, Koalska, etc...
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Demarchi
                                Grit is directly proportional to the number of roughing, slashing, and crosschecking penalties taken in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X