X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Golden Gopher 2010 Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
    LOL

Hey, if I was Ali you'd be out of your league to even talk to me.

Listen, I appreciate your devotion to the Gopher hockey cause. I really do. But Maturi doesn't grade any of his coaches strictly on wins and losses. He's made no secret of that.

Do I think Lucia needs to go?

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt for a couple more seasons.

The better question is, who you gonna get to replace him?
    Hey Ali, you have plans for tonight? Call me....
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
      I just sent an email of the story over on the RedStar to my wife (who is a gopher fan) and what she sent back was pure gold:

as much as I hate tRug and the Wooger I hate Lapanta much much more.
      Well, she was dumb enough to marry you, so I can't be too surprised that she's dumb enough to write that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Which non-blog/tweet sources are those?
        classic msg board trap......if you cough up your sources, you're lying, if you don't, you're making s**t up.

I'll pass.....let's just assume he's interested.
        "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
          I didn't know Frank owned a photography studio though... www.mazzoccophotography.com
          Lots more appointments just opened up for October 2010.
          04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
          USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
          I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
          I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
            Lots more appointments just opened up for October 2010.
            LaPanta is scheduling some now of himself calling Gopher hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Hey Ali, you have plans for tonight? Call me....
              Great.

Another guy that want's to over kick his coverage.
              "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
                Great.

Another guy that want's to over kick his coverage.
                Can't hurt to try!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                  LaPanta is scheduling some now of himself calling Gopher hockey games.
                  LaPanta sucks.
                  Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                  NFL Min
                  MLB NYM, Min
                  NHL Min, Dal
                  NCAAB Min, Baylor
                  NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                  Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    Eight of the 11 schools sell beer in their premium seating areas.

Wisconsin receives $450,000 from beer company sponsorships.
                    What makes this amazing/pathetic is that regular fans at the Kohl Center still can't drink beer at the game. Only the folks in the suites.
                    Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                      What makes this amazing/pathetic is that regular fans at the Kohl Center still can't drink beer at the game. Only the folks in the suites.
                      You just can't let the Kohl Center Stasi catch you with beer at the game.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
                        I just sent an email of the story over on the RedStar to my wife (who is a gopher fan) and what she sent back was pure gold:

as much as I hate tRug and the Wooger I hate Lapanta much much more.
                        Your wife has a corrosive wit. You might want to consider sending her to Betty Crocker's Charm School.

Doug Woog will always be the wittiest Gopher Hockey Icon ever. Some his lines are classic gold (courtesy of GPL): Wheelchairs,, "I couldn't say Kalinski for three days, now its like its growing out of my mouth", "He tried to dangle the big Johnson right there!", "Vanek went down quicker than a pancake at a VFW breakfast"

Another great moment was back around 95 or 96. I was waiting in the student line up at UND to get into the old Ralph with a buddy of mine who attended school there. We got out of line and went into the arena lobby to warm up as the gophers bus pulled in.

As the players where going through the lobby some Sue fan was holding a sign that read "Goofers Suck" and spouting off to the players and coaches. With the entire team behind him, Woog steps up to the clown and tells the kid "I will give you $50 for that sign." The kid thinks about it for a minute and hands Woog the sign. Woog hands the kid some amount of money and starts walking away.

The kid then yells "hey, this isn't fifty bucks" and Woog yells back "You are a North Dakota fan, I didn't think they could count to fifty, obviously they don't know how to spell Gophers correctly, it's spelled with two F's." All the boys on the team start laughing as Woog walks away and the kid just stands there with a stupid look on his face and no sign.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          You just can't let the Kohl Center Stasi catch you with beer at the game.
                          :-) For a couple of years, it was rum brought in in a zip-lock bag. Now I just front-load on the beer before the game.
                          Go Badgers!

Comment

It'd be a blast to sit down at bar in South St. Paul with Doug and just shoot the ****. I think he's lost a little bit over the last couple of years, but he has so many great stories and it'd be a lot of fun have a few beers and listen...

Comment

I don't mean for a Badger to hijack the thread but I have to admit I'll miss Frank's always biased voice. The Gophers are my fallback game, especially in the fall. And while Wooger struggled a bit this year (Paul Braun has been having the same problem here in Wisconsin), he has great insight and his comments are usually right on, as soon as he gets the sentence completed.

But I don't get the Athletic Department's strategy of trying to fix what ails the Gopher players and team by firing the game telecast team.
                              Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                Another great moment was back around 95 or 96. I was waiting in the student line up at UND to get into the old Ralph with a buddy of mine who attended school there. We got out of line and went into the arena lobby to warm up as the gophers bus pulled in.

As the players where going through the lobby some Sue fan was holding a sign that read "Goofers Suck" and spouting off to the players and coaches. With the entire team behind him, Woog steps up to the clown and tells the kid "I will give you $50 for that sign." The kid thinks about it for a minute and hands Woog the sign. Woog hands the kid some amount of money and starts walking away.

The kid then yells "hey, this isn't fifty bucks" and Woog yells back "You are a North Dakota fan, I didn't think they could count to fifty, obviously they don't know how to spell Gophers correctly, it's spelled with two F's." All the boys on the team start laughing as Woog walks away and the kid just stands there with a stupid look on his face and no sign.
                                That's my favorite Doug Woog story.
                                04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                                USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                                I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                                Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                                I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Working...
                                X