Ohio State Offseason 2010: (hopefully) The Dawn of a New Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Offseason 2010: (hopefully) The Dawn of a New Era

Saw a note today that OSU has a commit from Matt Skoff, a goalie out of western PA who played in the USHL last season. Any of you know any more than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      Saw a note today that OSU has a commit from Matt Skoff, a goalie out of western PA who played in the USHL last season. Any of you know any more than this?
      Any mention of when Skoff is scheduled to joing the team? Dusty is a senior, Heeter is a junior, Gibson comes in next fall after Dusty leaves (assuming he is still committed to OSU)... I wonder if Skoff will come in Fall 2012? or come in with Gibson next year and bump Michael? Skoff is definitely a gamer with a solid upside. Would not be a bad situation to have 3 talented goalies pushing each other (Heeter, Gibson, Skoff). Ya win a lot of games if you keep your opponents off the board.
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
        Any mention of when Skoff is scheduled to joing the team? Dusty is a senior, Heeter is a junior, Gibson comes in next fall after Dusty leaves (assuming he is still committed to OSU)... I wonder if Skoff will come in Fall 2012? or come in with Gibson next year and bump Michael? Skoff is definitely a gamer with a solid upside. Would not be a bad situation to have 3 talented goalies pushing each other (Heeter, Gibson, Skoff). Ya win a lot of games if you keep your opponents off the board.
        article in the PGH paper said 2011.

Comment

Thanksgiving WE series against Alaska to be played at Nationwide, I guess to avoid the FB crowd, but will be a low attended series where ever they are played. Why not have some fun, play them in the Ice Rink.

Comment

" HELLO HOCKEY FANS. "

It's time to dust off the gear and start talking some hockey , " TRASH. "
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Slightly offtopic. I believe OSU was underrated last year. Just look at who they beat. Had a few key losses (I forget who now) been wins, easily a top 20 team. Had Dalpe and Bishop(Glad to see him go though, not the most classy player) stayed they would have been contenders for top 10 and beyond this year. That being said, maybe they can do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRising View Post
                Slightly offtopic. I believe OSU was underrated last year. Just look at who they beat. Had a few key losses (I forget who now) been wins, easily a top 20 team. Had Dalpe and Bishop(Glad to see him go though, not the most classy player) stayed they would have been contenders for top 10 and beyond this year. That being said, maybe they can do it anyway.
                The best word to describe last year's team is "inconsistent." They beat some very good teams and they lost to teams they should not have lost to. That's been the problem for several years.

I will be happy this year if I see consistent and honest effort in every game. Of course I'll be happier if they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                  Thanksgiving WE series against Alaska to be played at Nationwide, I guess to avoid the FB crowd, but will be a low attended series where ever they are played. Why not have some fun, play them in the Ice Rink.
                  Boy wish they would live a little and maybe some of the football crowd would come over to the schott after another victory over michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    Boy wish they would live a little and maybe some of the football crowd would come over to the schott after another victory over michigan.
                    I think there are several things in play that weekend... First Mens Basketball plays at home Friday vs Miami... the transition to or from ice would be possible... but the game is on BTN at 4 pm.. so an odd time probably part of a basketball day on BTN... so the Buckeyes play a 1:45 game downtown...not all bad.....On Saturday, the Football gametime is still up in the air do to TV...so I think they had to make other plans just from a practical standpoint-----I think if the FB gametime was known, they would be playing on campus either before or after.
                    Last edited by pinch; 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                      I think there are several things in play that weekend... First Mens Basketball plays at home Friday vs Miami... the transition to or from ice would be possible... but the game is on BTN at 4 pm.. so an odd time probably part of a basketball day on BTN... so the Buckeyes play a 1:45 game downtown...not all bad.....On Saturday, the Football gametime is still up in the air do to TV...so I think they had to make other plans just from a practical standpoint-----I think if the FB gametime was known, they would be playing on campus either before or after.
                      The football game will be played at noon. Only 1 time in the last 30 yrs that i can think of that the michigan game has not been played at noon when its in columbus. The 2006 game was at 330 and that was a special game as we all know. I forgot about the basketball game on friday afternoon. Once again the hockey team takes a back seat to other events in the schott. Maybe one day they will get a arena of there own so they dont have to move. I was looking forward to attending the michigan game and then going down the street for some hockey.

Comment

Forget where they are playing, I can't wait to how they play under the new coach. My hope is that we see an improved product on the ice...committed to playing for each other and the team. Just a few more weeks and it's hockey season.

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
                          Forget where they are playing, I can't wait to how they play under the new coach. My hope is that we see an improved product on the ice...committed to playing for each other and the team. Just a few more weeks and it's hockey season.
                          My thoughts too lets hope to see a more aggressive style at both ends of the ice with all players committed to playing both ends.

Comment

OSU got a new recruit, Sam Jardine out of Camrose in the AJHL. Looks like a good one. Don't know if he is related to Nick Jardine who played for Miami a while back. Just an FYI.

Comment

Have practices started yet? Any news or other info? I see they posted the new volunteer coach the other day, so it doesn't look like they have a goalie coach on staff.

Comment

Blue Jackets start their prospect tourney today. One of the G, Riley Gill.

Comment

Working...
                                X