Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this be one of the all time great Championship weekends in Division III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be one of the all time great Championship weekends in Division III?

I have been attending the Finals, Frozen Four, Championships, what have you since Lake Placid has been the host for the past 3 seasons.
    Granted my experience is somewhat limited in regards to witnessing some other great weekends for the Finals. However I believe this upcoming weekend might be one of the best in quite some time overall.
    If someone asked you to name some of the best programs in D III, how could you answer without naming these four schools?
    My first year, St.Norbert won it and you could sense the relief from its fans and program in general.
    Last season, an upstart Neumann team walked away with the hardware.
    This year, what a tremendous field of teams. No matter the outcome, I truly believe this weekend will be one of the best Finals.....at least for me.
    Hope to meet up with some of the faithful from all programs. Not sure if any of the fans who will be up there, enjoy adult beverages?
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Re: Will this be one of the all time great Championship weekends in Division III?

I'll be there, in section 8. just look for the grey #4 Remenda jersey and you'll find me. I'd love to meet as many other fans as possible so make sure to stop me if you see me!
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Re: Will this be one of the all time great Championship weekends in Division III?

If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do), (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential. Whoever wins should be the team that played the best over the weekend. I don't want to have a summer of p-i-s-s-ing and moaning about ____ was jobbed rearing it's ugly head on these boards.
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

What??? You're not going to Albany to see SLU win the ECAC's????
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Joe-
          Do we have to go thru this every year St.Lawrence makes it to Albany?

I have had my room booked for Placid since last fall. A weekend in Placid vs Albany? Its a no brainer for me.....
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            Joe-
            Do we have to go thru this every year St.Lawrence makes it to Albany?

I have had my room booked for Placid since last fall. A weekend in Placid vs Albany? Its a no brainer for me.....
            Yes....

I was planning on making the trips this year then the wife brought the family minivan to the dealership.

1st repair: $1,700
            2nd repair to fix a repair that they *** up in 2005: $1,500

And my car sounds like I have a leak in the exhaust system.

No Albany, no Lake Placid, no Detroit.
            I so wanted to see Jaslow's Mini and meet Caveman.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do), (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential. Whoever wins should be the team that played the best over the weekend. I don't want to have a summer of p-i-s-s-ing and moaning about ____ was jobbed rearing it's ugly head on these boards.
              You make a great point. Lets hope the third team out there does a professional job. I was at the Bowdin/Oswego game last weekend and the refs would be given a C at best. It would be a shame if the refs once again decide the outcome of a game with some shakey calls.

I will be in Placid
              Oswego '89

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                You make a great point. Lets hope the third team out there does a professional job. I was at the Bowdin/Oswego game last weekend and the refs would be given a C at best. It would be a shame if the refs once again decide the outcome of a game with some shakey calls.

I will be in Placid
                Oswego '89
                the only C I would give murphy is CCCCCCCCCCCC ya later

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do), (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential.
                  It is not a matter of "we accepting" that these are the four best teams--but going back to the first USHOL coach's poll of their peers early last fall-- it has always been either SNC, Platty, Oswego or the Cadets who were on top with the other three close behind nipping at the heels of Numero Uno. Others have been close but only these four were ever picked to top a weekly poll. So now we just find out who is #1 for the 2009-2010 season.

And what has been great is this has happened without any crazy bounces or cheap shots , and now as it is suppose to be, with the best playing in the National finals. So like Georgia Peach I only hope that it continues td play out the way it has so far until the final buzzer. See you there in Section 9 in my "Old Rook" hat.
                  Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                  Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                  X