Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    This is always THE worst week on this board. The loonies pop up, and the know it all n00bs do too.
    Worst for whom?

If you say "for me," I may have to get my old violin out of mothballs and scratch out something in a minor key.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      ...I think that many of us (not only RC) expect you to be informed on the subject...

I'm pretty n00 here. So, let me get this straight: Two RPI fans (you and RC) are the bosses of the USCHO forums? The grand pooh-bahs? You get to decide who is a cool-enough poster and who gets flamed?

I remember this stuff from middle school. Or was it 3rd grade.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
        Worst for whom?

If you say "for me," I may have to get my old violin out of mothballs and scratch out something in a minor key.
        Educated guess: Those die-hard posters that talk about their team for twelve months. These "loonies" and "know it all n00bs" are, as soxrok3 had previously described, the casual "fans" that only care about the teams come playoff time.

Comment

I'm pretty n00 here. So, let me get this straight: Two RPI fans (you and RC) are the bosses of the USCHO forums? The grand pooh-bahs? You get to decide who is a cool-enough poster and who gets flamed?

I remember this stuff from middle school. Or was it 3rd grade.
          For me, it was 4th.

Nowhere did I say we were bosses around here. However, there are many posters here that are extremely well-informed about their team, and will only apply conscientious detail towards informed discussions. I'm sure if I went to the Brown thread and started running my mouth about your team and it had absolutely no basis whatsoever, you would probably feel the same way.

If you ever listen to "The Savage Nation" on the radio, think of it in terms of the host of that show.

Comment

I'm sure if I went to the Brown thread and started running my mouth about your team and it had absolutely no basis whatsoever, you would probably feel the same way.
            Maybe. But last time I looked, *this* was not the RPI thread. It's the ECAC/Albany 2010 thread, yes?

Comment

These "loonies" and "know it all n00bs" are, as soxrok3 had previously described, the casual "fans" that only care about the teams come playoff time.
              I see. And people who don't attend church regularly shouldn't bother showing up on Easter Sunday.

I've been a Brown hockey fan since 1970, with season tickets since 1975ish. So I may be a USCHO forum "n00b" but I am not at all casual about hockey in general, Brown hockey in particular.

Anyway: peace. You seem like an OK guy. :-)

Comment

Educated guess: Those die-hard posters that talk about their team for twelve months. These "loonies" and "know it all n00bs" are, as soxrok3 had previously described, the casual "fans" that only care about the teams come playoff time.
                I challenge you to find the post in which I said that.

I never said I only care about RPI come playoff time. I said I was proud of the way RPI performed this year, however was disappointed in the coach and team for the way the season ended. The team underperformed when it mattered most and to me and all of us "casual" fans, that was disappointing. Aren't the playoffs what you play the regular season for? I don't know what other teams you root for, but don't you find playoff wins are so much more memorable than regular season accomplishments? This is, after all, the last year the ECACs are in Albany and it would've been nice to see RPI there for the first time. Therefore, that is the nature of my disappointment.

I'd also like to apologize for going to school in Maryland and not being able to attend many RPI games for the past few years. Although I check box scores and keep up on team news, I guess this means I only care about three games a year. Right...

Comment

Yes, you point out that they're wrong without providing any basis for why that may be.

That, in essence is why you APPEAR to feel that everybody is out to get you, despite you saying otherwise.

Perhaps you can enact the phrase "actions speak louder than words" in your future posts to disprove that sentiment felt by others.

Comment

Originally posted by soxrok3 View Post
                    Yes, you point out that they're wrong without providing any basis for why that may be.
                    In each situation here with which you are very, very concerned, I do not feel the need to repeat that which others have ALREADY SAID. I do not need to take credit for the work of others.

That, in essence is why you APPEAR to feel that everybody is out to get you, despite you saying otherwise.
                    I honestly don't care how I "appear" to feel. I've already told you how things are. If you want to make up stuff like that in your mind, it's a free country.

Perhaps you can enact the phrase "actions speak louder than words" in your future posts to disprove that sentiment felt by others.
                    This is the Internet, friend. Exactly how am I supposed to use actions?
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Worst for whom?

For anyone and everyone with half a brain who is a regular member of the community.

I expect you'll fade into the background sometime around the time your team crashes out. Your type always does this time of year.

Comment

I challenge you to find the post in which I said that.
                        To try and tell me you weren't disappointed with the result of RPI hockey this year is pretty un-believable. Is getting knocked out in the 1st round satisfying to you?
                        There it is, but to be perfectly honest, you go back and forth so often (between "oh, I'm so proud of this team" and "oh, I'm so disappointed in this team") that you've pretty much got all of your bases covered, kinda like a chameleon.

Comment

There it is, but to be perfectly honest, you go back and forth so often (between "oh, I'm so proud of this team" and "oh, I'm so disappointed in this team") that you've pretty much got all of your bases covered, kinda like a chameleon.
                          Yes, thank you Red Cloud. That was the post I was referencing as well. As I said, I was disappointed with the result of RPI hockey this year. THE RESULT, which I immediately followed up by referencing their 1st round playoff loss.

I guess for you that requires an in depth explanation: Despite the fact that they performed so well in the regular season and accomplished many things, they still lost in the first round of the playoffs. THAT WAS DISAPPOINTING!

Comment

I challenge you to find the post in which I said that..
                            Just follow back to the post. Red Cloud beat me to this argument.

I never said I only care about RPI come playoff time. I said I was proud of the way RPI performed this year, however was disappointed in the coach and team for the way the season ended. The team underperformed when it mattered most and to me and all of us "casual" fans, that was disappointing. Aren't the playoffs what you play the regular season for? I don't know what other teams you root for, but don't you find playoff wins are so much more memorable than regular season accomplishments? This is, after all, the last year the ECACs are in Albany and it would've been nice to see RPI there for the first time. Therefore, that is the nature of my disappointment.

I'd also like to apologize for going to school in Maryland and not being able to attend many RPI games for the past few years. Although I check box scores and keep up on team news, I guess this means I only care about three games a year. Right...
                            I also live a considerable distance from my team, in that I cannot attend every game. Do you tune into the radio simulcast for the games? Have you attended to RPI-TV webcasts? If so, you should have mentioned that, and we never would have had this discussion. We can leave out regular posting on here, since there are plenty of die-hard fans out there that don't post on here and enjoy following college hockey.

As for accomplishments, I don't take pride in single games; I think long term. The big picture, as it were.

Comment

Yes, thank you Red Cloud. That was the post I was referencing as well. As I said, I was disappointed with the result of RPI hockey this year. THE RESULT, which I immediately followed up by referencing their 1st round playoff loss.

I guess for you that requires an in depth explanation: Despite the fact that they performed so well in the regular season and accomplished many things, they still lost in the first round of the playoffs. THAT WAS DISAPPOINTING!
                              OK, so one weekend is disappointing. ONE WEEKEND. You made it seem like the whole season was a bust just because of what happened in one weekend.

Comment

For anyone and everyone with half a brain who is a regular member of the community.
                                Oooo, want to join RC's in-crowd! Waaaah!
                                **jumping up and down, shaking fist, peeing pants**

I expect you'll fade into the background sometime around the time your team crashes out. Your type always does this time of year.
                                Life is full of surprises. Including what "type" I am, which is impossible for you to presume, grasshoppa.

Anyway: Back to our discussion of the ECAC semifinals/finals in Albany! Remind me which horse you have in this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X