X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Bump off page 2 AGAIN.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/bracket-2-1.jpg******

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112317252125167

Time to make your NHL playoff picks!!! If you don't have FB, that is fine, just email the picks to shutout31 at msn.com
      Last edited by Yager; 04-12-2010, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112317252125167

Time to make your NHL playoff picks!!! If you don't have FB, that is fine, just email the picks to shutout31 at msn.com
        Ha. Love the old Caps logo. The flying W eagle too good to use?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Bump off page 2 AGAIN.
          and again.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            One of these years, he should embrace one of the NHL's gimmicks and do a 'throwback' bracket with each team's oldest (or maybe crappiest) logos.

I, for one, would love to see the Kansas City Scouts in the playoff picture.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Haha, someone always notice. Their stupid stick logo doesn't work and the eagle isn't recognizable by most people. The Vancouver logo is an older one, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                The Vancouver logo is an older one, too.
                Even though it's not that logo, I miss this Canucks jersey

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_u6NJN8KfYyg/RtXhaVcCwgI/AAAAAAAABHM/l4O54Z-ukAI/s400/old+canucks.jpg******

Much cooler than ripping off the Whalers' old colors, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  One of these years, he should embrace one of the NHL's gimmicks and do a 'throwback' bracket with each team's oldest (or maybe crappiest) logos.
                  Luckily, the Buffaslug still makes an appearance.
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

*****http://michiganhockey.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/big-chill-seating-chart.jpg******

Interesting, going by the picture, the rink is going to be approximately 137x200ft. instead of the NHL standard of 85x200ft or the Olympic size of 98x200ft.

Comment

Haha, good catch.

It may set records, but a majority of people will be even further from the action at the Big House than they were at FF.

That said, $15 isn't bad for crappy seats if you order early enough to snag something about 1/3 of the way up. I might go.

Comment

Haha, good catch.

It may set records, but a majority people will be even further from the action at the Big House than they were at FF.

That said, $15 isn't bad for crappy seats if you order early enough to snag something 1/3 of the way up. I might go.
                        Quote me on this, they will break the record of 74 and change, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did 108,000+. People have been calling for this for ever. I was at the original Cold War game and it really was an amazing site. I was 50 yard line but about the 4th or 5th row from the very back and you could still see plenty. The crowd was amazing, too. They really did do everything with that outdoor game, and that is what seemed to start all the outdoor game popularity but really nothing has been as good or even close to the Cold War game.

Comment

Much cooler than ripping off the Whalers' old colors, IMO.
                          How is using 70's throwback jerseys ripping off the Whalers? They used the "stick in rink" logo and blue/green/white color scheme '70-'78. The Whalers didn't even use blue as a color until '79.

Not that I have anything against the Whale or bashing the Canucks...
                          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            How is using 70's throwback jerseys ripping off the Whalers? They used the "stick in rink" logo and blue/green/white color scheme '70-'78.
                            I didn't know that; for some reason, I thought the "stick in rink" logo was newer.

I've always tended to associate white/green/blue with the Whale.

Comment

Vote for Tech and maple syrup!
                              Please forward this email to as many people as possible and encourage them to vote. Dave Kossak, one of our students, is one of only 10 finalists in a contest to promote economic development in Michigan. Go to http://motivatemichigan.com and click on voting - he is entry #9. You will need to click on "VOTE" next to the entry, enter an email address and the spam prevention code. Dave is an outstanding student and has worked very hard on this project.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Vote for Tech and maple syrup!
                                Done, but I also dropped a vote for lower taxes...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X