X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
    Didn't talk about that so I'm not sure.

Only having seen them at CC early and DU I think the maybe more agressive and not so quick to fall back to defend and not push the play. But as I said I haven't seen that many games in person to see a difference.

I thought in one of the recent broadcast the Dirk said John Kivisto had a hip problem that would require surgery and end his hockey career.
    i think the difference was the style of play in the defensive zone was pretty passive up to january, after that it changed to a far more aggressive system.
    I like this much better and I think it also will result in a few shorties as a turnover at the blue line can result in some odd man rushes the other way. I am concerned that we gave up several shorties at the end of the year ourselves.
    One thing I very much liked was that the team was much better about taking penalties as the season went on.
    Overall I think we went in the right direction and I support the coach totally.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      St, Clooud?
      Good call. Another good option would be Wisconsin. Decisions, decisions...
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I say 1 a day for the next 3 days and get all the Final Five teams ****ed off at you before the tournament starts thursday
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I say 1 a day for the next 3 days and get all the Final Five teams ****ed off at you before the tournament starts thursday
          Do I have to get all of the Duluth fans mad, or can I just **** off DHG?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

sounds good to me...pound for pound that would be about half right?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

sounds good to me...pound for pound that would be about half right?
              Give or take a couple pounds, yeah. Probably can't say the same thing for IQ, though.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In the last 4 days I've managed to **** off 2 fanbases, Denver and North Dakota. Who should I go for next?
                Why limit yourself to just the WCHA fan bases?? Spread out your hate.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Give or take a couple pounds, yeah. Probably can't say the same thing for IQ, though.
                  Don't be so hard on yourself. DHG isn't that much smarter than you.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    That leaves Bunger, Dobson, and Gwilliam. I honestly don't see any of these guys skipping out on the month and a half remaining in the school year. Gwilliam possibly if he gets a good offer...but unlikely still
                    I still think Gwilliam is likely to finish that Master's and do a couple tryouts in the fall. He's 25, has a history of season-ending health problems, and isn't exactly going to be a hot free agent prospect. I doubt Dobson is going anywhere, but maybe he'll play in the CHL or IHL.

I'd be impressed if Bunger got a look, but I said the same thing about Alex Lord and even he had a sip of a cup of coffee in the ECHL.

St, Clooud?
                    Nah, too easy.

Comment

So, is MTU the Official pep band of the Final Five this year or what?
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        So, is MTU the Official pep band of the Final Five this year or what?
                        They went with a Bee Gees tribute band instead.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bullocks!!! I say the MTU Pep Band should all get Pirate Hats and plastic swords and make those Bee-Gee wannabes walk the plank, all while they the SBFITW plays "Staying Alive!"

It just happens.

Comment

That's not a very nice thing to say about the University of Minnesota Marching Band.

Seriously though Monster, they were not invited this year. The conference didn't want to pay for their hotel rooms and tickets, most likely. It was always merely a nice gesture on the WCHA's part to invite tSBFitW, not a guarantee.

Comment

Honestly.
                              Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                              *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                                Honestly.
                                It is going to be a Saturday Night Fever themed tournament.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X