X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    I thought Tech's motto was "Tie or lose, we booze!"

It was changed to "Lose or lose worse, we booze".

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
      I thought Tech's motto was "Tie or lose, we booze!"

No its we throw brooms on ice even if we split
      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

*ties Jamie Russell to chair*

*props eyes open like A Clockwork Orange*

*puts RIT/Denver and RIT/UNH on constant loop*

See THAT? They can do THAT! RIT is in the same boat we are! An engineering school with tough academic standards and no women in a crappy college town with awful weather! They haven't even been D1 for five years! Why can't WE do THAT?
        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 03-28-2010, 04:20 PM.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

See THAT? They can do THAT! RIT is in the same boat we are! An engineering school with tough standards and no women in a crappy town! They haven't even been D1 for five years! Why can't WE do THAT?
          Actually Rochester is an true city. Not to mention it is awesome. I absolutely loved being there and thought it was a really nice city. Of course then I found out it had the highest murder rate per capita in New York and one of the highest in the nation...

Comment

See THAT? They can do THAT! RIT is in the same boat we are! An engineering school with tough academic standards and no women in a crappy college town with awful weather! They haven't even been D1 for five years! Why can't WE do THAT?
            RIT doesn't have athletic scholarships either.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

stop the scholarships!!!!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                stop the scholarships!!!!
                Haha yes! Considering this is the only reason Olson is at Tech.

Comment

Hey, when do we find out about this senior class award stuff? I can't find any info on when they award it.

Comment

Heard both assistants are gone. If so it's not enough as it's to little to late. They need a clean sweep.
                    Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 03-28-2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                      Heard both assistants are gone. If so it's not enough as it's to little to late. They need a clean sweep.
                      Next up on the chopping block: Bangen.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

If true I don't see why. I would place more blame on the head coach, we seem to be able to get players that showed talent prior to coming to Tech, it is our inability to keep developing that talent that's the problem and I think that is the head coaches fault. Also, where did you hear this news? Just wondering as there's nothing on
                        Tech's site about it.

Also, I just don't get what happened from 06-07 to now. That year we honestly had the best conditioned and hardest working team in the WCHA if not the country. We watched them beat teams like Denver, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Colorado College that year, all great teams yet we played harder and skated longer. Not much has changed since that season, the assistants are the same, the strength and conditioning is the same, everything is the same yet the team looks tired and lifeless half the time. I honestly think that coach of the year award that went to Russell that year should have gone to Batty, I think he was the number 1 reason for that teams success, his drive, his energy and his balls out attitude did more for the team than Jamie Russell has done sadly.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Tok seemed like he had a good nose for recruits, shame he had to go along with Mikesch. Forced out or left for greener pastures?

Next up on the chopping block: Bangen.
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            If true I don't see why. I would place more blame on the head coach, we seem to be able to get players that showed talent prior to coming to Tech, it is our inability to keep developing that talent that's the problem and I think that is the head coaches fault. Also, where did you hear this news? Just wondering as there's nothing on
                            Tech's site about it.
                            I don't know about that. The talent level is just not there to compete in the WCHA, primarily offensive skill to score some goals. I can't believe we can't even recruit one NHL draft pick to come play here.

If this is true I question what kind of assistants we can hire if they see that Jamie probably has one year to prove himself, even though he has 2 years left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                              Tok seemed like he had a good nose for recruits, shame he had to go along with Mikesch. Forced out or left for greener pastures?

I agree about Tok, and Bangen better be gone, the team has lacked so much conditioning the past 2 years that its sad.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                I don't know about that. The talent level is just not there to compete in the WCHA, primarily offensive skill to score some goals. I can't believe we can't even recruit one NHL draft pick to come play here.

If this is true I question what kind of assistants we can hire if they see that Jamie probably has one year to prove himself, even though he has 2 years left on his contract.
                                We have gotten a lot of players that were at the top or close to the top in scoring in their previous leagues, guys like Lickteig, Schooley, or Gwilliam and St. Louis, yet they come here and sit the bench or at best score ~10 goals a season. I know we don't have any NHL draft picks, but other schools do more with the same, like UAA or Mankato, they are close to our level but have been much more successful. I honestly don't know what can be done but something has to be tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X