X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    He's full of sh*t and has no clue what he is talking about. I trust our other source on this more than I trust someone who has a personal grudge against Russell.
    Seems you were wrong again (as usual). Also I'm not putting the connection together of Olson leaving and Russell being fired. He's 22, played two years of college, has no one to play with (don't take my word on that one; Brent Peterson, Dirk's color man, stated to the effect " this kid is going places - he'd really be fun to watch if he had someone to play with") and is good (and strong) enough to go pro; which explains the potential offers so - why wouldn't he?
    Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I'm an optimist, so yes...as for firing Watters, 1999-2000 was way worse than 2009-2010.

Comparison
      Code:
      1999-2000				2009-2010		
      Margin	Games	Record		Margin	Games	Record
      1	6	1-5		1	10	1-9
      2	9	2-7		2	10	3-7
      3	10	1-9		3	8	1-7
      4+	13	0-13		4+	7	0-7
      Total	38			Total	36	(tie)
      	GF	GA			GF	GA
      Total	68	183		Total	74	148
      Ave	1.79	4.82		Ave	2.06	4.11
      Uhm, I have it from a pretty good source that Olson will be getting offers and "could" leave, and Kattelus will probably leave...
      15 wins without possibly Kattelus and Olson??? Isn't that going beyond optimism? Let's throw a little realism in there.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
        Seems you were wrong again (as usual). Also I'm not putting the connection together of Olson leaving and Russell being fired. He's 22, played two years of college, has no one to play with (don't take my word on that one; Brent Peterson Dirk's color man, stated to the effect " this kid is going places - he'd really be fun to watch if he had someone to play with") and is good (and strong) enough to go pro; why wouldn't he?
        What exactly was I wrong about? Olson/the university haven't announced anything yet, and we have another source (different thread, can't be bothered to dig it up at the moment) who has said that his departure this year, while not impossible, is unlikely.

Comment

What exactly was I wrong about? Olson/the university haven't announced anything yet, and we have another source (different thread, can't be bothered to dig it up at the moment) who has said that his departure this year, while not impossible, is unlikely.
          I stated it's questionable whether he'll be back. You said I was full of ****. Shirtless backed up my original statement with his source. Now you're also saying that your source says its possible. Which all add up to my original statement of "being questionable" accurate. Which makes you wrong. Am I always going to have to spell it out like this?

Comment

I stated it's questionable whether he'll be back. You said I was full of ****. Shirtless backed up my original statement with his source. Now you're also saying that your source says its possible. Which all add up to my original statement of "being questionable" accurate. Which makes you wrong. Am I always going to have to spell it out like this?
            Allow me to spell it out for you, sir.

Not once in my time posting on this board have you had anything positive to say about this program. You continue to b*tch, whine and complain about why Jamie Russell hasn't, in a mere seven years, taken this team from p*ss stain back to perennial powerhouse. You never consider the context of the program's situation. You never offer any words of support or insight when the team does taste some limited success or at least puts together a few decent games. Perhaps the best part is that you always seem to magically disappear when the team puts together a few wins. As soon as the losing streak kicks in again, you're back and trying to use Russell's failure to recruit a career ECHLer as an example of why the Tech hockey program is still in the dumps.

For the most part, I get along well with people. Nonetheless, there do seem to be a few rotten apples here and there, which is par for the course. You are on that list.

I've already said my piece. Russell gets to 15 wins and he stays; less than 10, and I will agree his time has come. Somewhere in-between, and it's up for debate. Until then, no one who frequents this site wants to listen to your drivel. Please take up your case with the people who are in a position to actually initiate the changes that you feel are necessary.

Comment

Why don't you try posting this in ALL CAPS, you know, to further your point??

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Allow me to spell it out for you, sir.

Not once in my time posting on this board have you had anything positive to say about this program. You continue to b*tch, whine and complain about why Jamie Russell hasn't, in a mere seven years, taken this team from p*ss stain back to perennial powerhouse. You never consider the context of the program's situation. You never offer any words of support or insight when the team does taste some limited success or at least puts together a few decent games. Perhaps the best part is that you always seem to magically disappear when the team puts together a few wins. As soon as the losing streak kicks in again, you're back and trying to use Russell's failure to recruit a career ECHLer as an example of why the Tech hockey program is still in the dumps.

For the most part, I get along well with people. Nonetheless, there do seem to be a few rotten apples here and there, which is par for the course. You are on that list.

I've already said my piece. Russell gets to 15 wins and he stays; less than 10, and I will agree his time has come. Somewhere in-between, and it's up for debate. Until then, no one who frequents this site wants to listen to your drivel. Please take up your case with the people who are in a position to actually initiate the changes that you feel are necessary.
                YOU'DE MAKE A GOOD LIBERAL POLITICIAN. WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, SPIN OFF ON A TANGENT ON THE TYPICAL PARTY WORN OUT LINES, AND HOPE WHEN YOU'RE DONE PEOPLE FORGOT WHAT YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT. NICE TRY BUT COMPLETELY OFF BASE FROM THE ORIGINAL POINT.

Comment

YOU'DE MAKE A GOOD LIBERAL POLITICIAN. WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, SPIN OFF ON A TANGENT ON THE TYPICAL PARTY WORN OUT LINES, AND HOPE WHEN YOU'RE DONE PEOPLE FORGOT WHAT YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT. NICE TRY BUT COMPLETELY OFF BASE FROM THE ORIGINAL POINT.
                  I'd make a terrible politician, Republican or Democrat. I'm too brutally honest.

You do make a great forum troll though, by trying to bring up politics in some lame attempt to insult me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    Are they similar to the Reading Rainbows?

A lot, we always get head-starts on everyone else.
                    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Not everyone. That's why ours http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89396 still has more posts.
                    Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    D@mn...a week headstart on Tech's offseason...

Ehh, we got 4 pages in under a week, you got 8 in a week and a half...we'll catch up
                    I have one word for all of you: TOUCHE

Oh and Yager, that was close to my immediate thought on the "Reading" thing haha
                    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Well said F2B&G.

On a different note, if anyone has or plans to use the Tech video games for future feeds, please email someone at Tech to tell them your dissapointment. I've watched video feeds when Tech has played at MSU, UMD, UND and UAA and all are by far better than Tech's. People at Tech needs to know how bad the video and audio quality is in comparison to other schools. I have no plans to renew my video feed. I emailed Suzanne about that and some other thoughts. She seemed to appreciate the feedback. She was also very straight forwards about the hockey program. She stated we haven't had a winning program for 26 years, they are looking into everything etc. A very good response email I thought. But back to the point, please email somone about the video feed in hopes it can get better in the future.

Comment

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_65fJY6BlFC0/SIjqZYe2CII/AAAAAAAAAOo/0ZRvjc9HZRE/s1600/n502092683_124530_3770.jpg******
                        Last edited by The Incredible Gulk; 03-19-2010, 06:45 AM.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                        Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          VanWagner is ending his career, but this is by choice. He said in a radio interview with Dirk that he is hanging up his skates after this season.

Kivisto on the other hand. I heard the same issue, major hip problems requiring surgery, didn't hear about the career ending possibility though.

It'll be interesting to see where the rest of the seniors go.

Eli V. will probably get a real job, since of that whole 4.0 GPA Bio-Med Degree, he better put that d@mn thing to good use

That leaves Bunger, Dobson, and Gwilliam. I honestly don't see any of these guys skipping out on the month and a half remaining in the school year. Gwilliam possibly if he gets a good offer...but unlikely still
                          Gwilliam and dobson are both on tryout contracts with echl teams right now. Vlaisavljevich or however you spell it just continues to get scholarships and awards for his academic and research accomplishments, but so far has not decided on where and when to attend graduate school. Vanwagner is also done playing this year because he was accepted to medical school at michigan state, thats what they said at senior night this year. So its pretty clear that vlaisavljevich and vanwagner have chosen the academic routes, both extremely bright students. Not sure if Bunger or kivisto will try to continue playing hockey though, but as for the hip injury thing, Kivisto does not have any hip injuries - that was vanwagner.

Wasn't the most accomplished senior class as far as hockey goes, but a great group of guys regardless. As always, they will be missed!

Comment

argghhhh!!! A NEW FAN!!! HUSKIES GOT A NEW FAN!!! GANG REP!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMitchLake View Post
                              Gwilliam and dobson are both on tryout contracts with echl teams right now. Vlaisavljevich or however you spell it just continues to get scholarships and awards for his academic and research accomplishments, but so far has not decided on where and when to attend graduate school. Vanwagner is also done playing this year because he was accepted to medical school at michigan state, thats what they said at senior night this year. So its pretty clear that vlaisavljevich and vanwagner have chosen the academic routes, both extremely bright students. Not sure if Bunger or kivisto will try to continue playing hockey though, but as for the hip injury thing, Kivisto does not have any hip injuries - that was vanwagner.

Wasn't the most accomplished senior class as far as hockey goes, but a great group of guys regardless. As always, they will be missed!
                              Don't think that Bunger is interested in playing minor pro at this point. Last I talked to him he said that he wasn't interested in riding any more buses. Right now he seems to be more interested in getting on with his life. I expect him to be back in Seattle this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMitchLake View Post

agree. always bitter sweet to see them go. good luck to all!
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X