X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    Ohhh... he told me Bungerrrrrrr was playing hockey with his team, he never mentioned it was a floor hockey team. (Then again, he also never mentioned he was playing floor hockey...) Now it makes a bit more sense.
    Bunger said he would play hockey with us next Wednesday at the Dee.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      And now for some sad numbers:

The regional championship women's bouncyball game against Drury drew 3131 fans.

According to USCHO's box scores, this means it outdrew all but one home hockey game this season. The only game it didn't outdraw was the season opener against NMU.
      It's official, Tech is now a basketball school. Somewhere Curt Tompkins is laughing...
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Bunger said he would play hockey with us next Wednesday at the Dee.
        So that's next Wednesday? I was hoping it was tonight, I'm ready for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          So that's next Wednesday? I was hoping it was tonight, I'm ready for this.
          Yeah, Bunger had to attend to St. Patrick's Day festivities.
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

And now for some sad numbers:

The regional championship women's bouncyball game against Drury drew 3131 fans.

According to USCHO's box scores, this means it outdrew all but one home hockey game this season. The only game it didn't outdraw was the season opener against NMU.
            Come on, this was a huge game. Not to mention that we all know the attendance count for hockey is way screwed up and short us on a lot of games.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
              I wonder if he's related to my old roommates... they're one of those crazy Finnish "banger" families so there's a solid possibility.
              yes. I'm starting to wonder if it's the official recruiting strategy. Might be good for attendance, at least.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The Reading Royals have signed Malcolm Gwilliam

Comment

I guess that MBA can wait after all.

Comment

So how many offseason Tech threads are there usually?
                    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                      So how many offseason Tech threads are there usually?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Incidentally, how's Daavesus doing? Still tearing up the ECHL, I see.
                        As a matter of fact yes; along with Hauswirth and Zabotel who've been mentioned a thousand times as the lost saviours of MTU hockey.

77 * Trent Daavettila Kalamazoo Wings 45 19 22 41 20
                        78 * Jake Hauswirth South Carolina Stingrays 57 15 26 41 24
                        89 * Casey Pierro-Zabotel Wheeling Nailers 45 12 27 39 26

And by the way he outscored them both.
                        Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Its in my signature line...I hate to say it but I agree with the bold part...I might even say it has to be closer to 2007-2008 season for him to keep his job.

This is setting up very similar to the 1999-2000 -> 2000-2001 seasons.

Russell managed one more win and one more tie in 2 less games than Watters did in 99-2000. If Russell doesn't get off to a good start, he is probably gone before GLI.
                          And when they waited until 8 games in to fire Watters, it was a complete waste of season; the move should have been done following the previous year. As it should be done now. Do you honestly see Tech getting close to 15 wins next year?? The offense is questionable, the D is very questionable, and it's also questionable if Olson will be back next year (in which case there is no hope at all).

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                            and it's also questionable if Olson will be back next year (in which case there is no hope at all).
                            WhatwhatWHAT?!
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Seems like we were able to play pretty well against the #1 team in the country without him.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                              Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS
                                it's also questionable if Olson will be back next year (in which case there is no hope at all).
                                WhatwhatWHAT?!
                                He's full of sh*t and has no clue what he is talking about. I trust our other source on this more than I trust someone who has a personal grudge against Russell.

Comment

Working...
                                X