NCAA Semifinal OSU vs SNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Semifinal OSU vs SNC

This should be a classic game! I see Oswego winning 4-2, the 4th being an empty netter.

Re: NCAA Semifinal OSU vs SNC

I remember several St. Norbert fans from the semifinals back in 2007 in Wisconsin. Who from St. Norbert will be making the trip out east?

Comment

Injury update/info and the Oz players who didnt finish the game?? Sellick and another player not sure who??????

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Injury update/info and the Oz players who didnt finish the game?? Sellick and another player not sure who??????
        Whitelaw was the other player

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Yes it was John Whitelaw, hurt his shoulder in the first preiod. This has happened 2 or 3 times this year to him. He did come out onto the bench for the 2nd period but did not play. I think that the way the period unfolded there was no sense in putting him in the game.

Selleck, I saw coming back to the bench one time wincing in pain and shaking his head. I don't think he came back out after that. Not sure what the problem was.

hope both players are ok and I'm sure that they will be ready to go on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy8174 View Post
            I remember several St. Norbert fans from the semifinals back in 2007 in Wisconsin. Who from St. Norbert will be making the trip out east?
            Wish I was!
            You Just Can't Hide that Green Knight Pride!
            National Champs 2008, 2011

St. Norbert Hockey Webcast
            UW-Stevens Point Hockey Webcast
            SNC's 2006 NCAA Tournament Run Pics
            SNC's 2007 Tournament Run Pics & Videos
            SNC's 2008 Tournament Run Pics
            UWSP Men's Hockey 06-07 Pics & Videos
            UWSP Men's Hockey 07-08 Pics & Videos
            2005 Honorable Mention: The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey’s “Benedict Arnold Award” for Outstanding Turncoat.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
              Yes it was John Whitelaw, hurt his shoulder in the first preiod. This has happened 2 or 3 times this year to him. He did come out onto the bench for the 2nd period but did not play. I think that the way the period unfolded there was no sense in putting him in the game.

Selleck, I saw coming back to the bench one time wincing in pain and shaking his head. I don't think he came back out after that. Not sure what the problem was.

thnks for the update, hope the boys get better for fri, cant wait......

Comment

Having seen Adrian play both teams, ....(although SNC was webcast...with the odd tramnsmisson issue)... , I would summarize keys to this game as follows:

A) Offensive skills.............Osw +
                B) Team defense*.............SNC++
                C) PP............................Even
                D) PK.............................SNC +
                E) Depth..........................SNC +
                F) Goaltenders .................KGT OSW +(.5)
                G) Discipline......................SNC+
                H) Coaching.....................Even
                I) Team speed on big ice ....Osw +
                J) Game breaker...... one player....Neil Musselwhite +
                K) Home Ice......................East

My prediction>> Oswego 4-2......possibly an ENG.
                Team speed and crowd support on the big ice might trump depth and defence in this one.
                This is how I see it.....,and I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Wish I could make this game. I live in Oswego, obviously a Laker fan. My cousin is a St. Norbert grad. We have a nice bet going on that will cost one of us dinner for our families the next time we get together. I won the last bet, hoping it can happen again. Go Lakers! And if they can't win, go anybody except Plattsburgh!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    Having seen Adrian play both teams, ....(although SNC was webcast...with the odd tramnsmisson issue)... , I would summarize keys to this game as follows:

A) Offensive skills.............Osw +
                    B) Team defense*.............SNC++
                    C) PP............................Even
                    D) PK.............................SNC +
                    E) Depth..........................SNC +
                    F) Goaltenders .................KGT OSW +(.5)
                    G) Discipline......................SNC+
                    H) Coaching.....................Even
                    I) Team speed on big ice ....Osw +
                    J) Game breaker...... one player....Neil Musselwhite +
                    K) Home Ice......................East

My prediction>> Oswego 4-2......possibly an ENG.
                    Team speed and crowd support on the big ice might trump depth and defence in this one.
                    This is how I see it.....,and I hope I'm wrong.
                    I haven't seen SNC but they must be deep if you feel they are deeper than Oswego.

Particularly the way Oswego's 4th line has been playing. Singleton-Kelly-Mather have been the most impessive line in the playoffs for Oswego.
                    Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Oswego Alums - watch your email for an official "social gathering" Friday night in LP.....
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

why?
                        Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                        2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                        2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                        2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                        "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Oswego Alums - watch your email for an official "social gathering" Friday night in LP.....
                          I've heard a bit of rumblings about that. My friends in the alumni office say they are working on something for either before or after the games.
                          MJBeckman
                          Oswego '93
                          Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                          1991-1993
                          2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Post game "Summit Meeting" at the Press Box in Oz revealed a hold on a local LP establishment for Friday evening 9-11 - subject to change - confirmation later today...
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Sellick wasn't on the bench most of the third, and didn't even come out on the ice after the game, so he must have been out of his skates by then. Didn't see anything major happen while he was on the ice? While it would be nice to see the SUNYAC MVP out there next weekend, it's almost embarrassing to say that the other three lines have improved so much that I wouldn't be too worried if for some reason he couldn't play.

My guess is Whitelaw could have returned if needed- at this point Gary can pop Jon's shoulder back in while juggling a bowling ball and chain saw .
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Working...
                              X