Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Since he posts here from time to time...

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/201...olonials-games

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      agreed and I doubt they are happy. But I cant see how MC can be having a ticker tape parade when they have never done well since they moved to D 1 many, many years ago. I doubt they want to hang their hat on winning at the D 2 level or winning the season series with Salem State or UML when they were D 2 also. Its safe to say since they both made the move, UML has had much more success and bragging rights over their old rival MC.
      All of this could not be further from the point. Things need to start moving in a direction where people are getting energized about PC hockey. This school isn't going to wake up tomorrow and be BC athletically or academically. It needs to embrace what it is instead of striving so hard to be what it's not.

It starts with these season ticket plans (14 games including exhibition v. USNDPT). Do people even know they exist? They are ridiculously cheap. Smart move by the Athletic Department. You can have a family four-pack season ticket at PC for what it cost a family to go to a single game at Michigan State or some other schools, or, take a family of four to dinner and a movie . . . once.

Season Tickets can be purchased here:

Adult: $114

The Family Plan (2 adults/2kids): $150

Youth/Seniors: $85

Hockey East Power Packs: See FIVE Hockey East games for only $30! Power Packs will be going on sale on September 24, 2010.
      Providence College '03
      Michigan State University College of Law '07
      Fantasy College Hockey Champion: 2004, 2005

Comment

They are equal to or better than bc in academics

I agree with all of your points

The cancer fans need to get lost

The few on here who are only happy if it is toxic and 100 pct negative should move on, everyone gets it and have heard it 4 or 500 times

Laughable to watch them get angry if someone is positive

New season and to have 2 or 3 cancers hold their breath and can't wait for a loss so they can come on and spew venom is a testament them

Comment

I agree with all of your points

The cancer fans need to get lost

The few on here who are only happy if it is toxic and 100 pct negative should move on, everyone gets it and have heard it 4 or 500 times

New season and to have 2 or 3 cancers hold their breath and can't wait for a loss so they can come on and spew venom is a testament them
          Thanks for reminding me: THE 100th loss extravaganza is coming soon!
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Hokydad;4862654

[/QUOTE]

Laughable is you trying to pass yourself of as 1. positive and 2. a PC fan

1. You post smart *** remarks in the numerous negative reps that you send posters (like the one you sent to me this week). In this negative reps, you say things to me and others that you would NEVER have the stones to say to my face. You hide behind a computer to toss bombs, which makes you a troll in addition to being a coward.

2. You said yourself in previous posts that you are not a PC fan yet you think that you can dictate what is written on this thread.

Laughable but the joke is YOU!!!!

Comment

91 its a new year and just because the coaches are quitting the team is moving somewhere......maybe Hockeydud can become the new asst coach....how did that T get there ?

Comment

BRAIN DAMAGE ALERT! BRAIN DAMAGE ALERT!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  BRAIN DAMAGE ALERT! BRAIN DAMAGE ALERT!

Do all the alerts you want. They are and that is a fact.

Comment

LOL.

Please show me ONE publication that shows Providence to be on the same level or above Boston College in academics. Congrats, CandyVan, you have eclipsed your previous "dumbest statement ever" plateau with this one...

PC is a good school and is probably third in academics in HE after BC and BU, but you are making yourself sound foolish as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                      LOL.

Please show me ONE publication that shows Providence to be on the same level or above Boston College in academics. Congrats, CandyVan, you have eclipsed your previous "dumbest statement ever" plateau with this one...

PC is a good school and is probably third in academics in HE after BC and BU, but you are making yourself sound foolish as usual.
                      You think BU also?

Ok. Dont let acceptance rates blind your view. Every kid applying to enjoy the experience does not equate to a better education.

Dont tell me, tell it to the firms doing on campus recruiting and hiring.

Comment

maybe we can start with US News and World Report

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...tems+2128+3406

Comment

*****http://www.wf.com.au/forum/Smileys/wf1/rofl.gif******
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

maybe we can start with US News and World Report

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...tems+2128+3406
                            Umm, you do realize you are reading this wrong, right? BC is ranked # 31 nationally according to USNWR. PC is ranked # 2 in the "Regional" category.

Here's the actual list:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ities-rankings

(Unless you think that PC is #2 nationally and BC is # 31 nationally). If so....wait for it....LOLOLOLOL

Comment

I dont think an argument about academics is really relevant to this board so someone should just squash it here...

It's an old cliche that an education at a school is what you make of it but I believe it has a lot of truth behind it. I'm a Merrimack grad no where near the level of PC, BC, or BU on paper. However, my average class size throughout my 4 years was somewhere around 12. I'm a 1L in law school now and it amazes me how some of the people from the premier schools of the country including harvard just don't get it. It is difficult to teach analytical skills in large class sizes some 100 kids or more.

So yes, the rankings may hold BC and BU far above PC, and kids from those schools can certainly boast about the name of the college on their degree, but when it comes down to the caliber of students they produce it's all in what that student put in.
                              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                                I dont think an argument about academics is really relevant to this board so someone should just squash it here...

It's an old cliche that an education at a school is what you make of it but I believe it has a lot of truth behind it. I'm a Merrimack grad no where near the level of PC, BC, or BU on paper. However, my average class size throughout my 4 years was somewhere around 12. I'm a 1L in law school now and it amazes me how some of the people from the premier schools of the country including harvard just don't get it. It is difficult to teach analytical skills in large class sizes some 100 kids or more.

So yes, the rankings may hold BC and BU far above PC, and kids from those schools can certainly boast about the name of the college on their degree, but when it comes down to the caliber of students they produce it's all in what that student put in.
                                You're 100% right about students and what they make of their degrees.

The argument here, though, was Hokydad's "fact" that Providence had better academics than Boston College as an institution, not which school's students work harder to succeed, etc after graduation. As usual, he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X