Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post

Tell you what, I'll put on the rose-colored glasses for a second: I do think Army will break his two-year running streak of winning 1 game after January 16th
    Not completely true, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but two seasons ago PC beat Merrimack 5-3.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

They also beat BU 5-4 this past February

@SalvucciM

Comment

ooh I misread what you meant by "winning 1 game after January 16th". I thought you meant collectively over two years, as opposed to the one-win after jan. 16th per year.

either way, you're right, it's a scary statistic. Although I did notice that there were a lot of OT losses late in the season last year...perhaps they can figure out a way to turn them into wins..or at least picking up a point with a tie.

I know a big thing with Dennehy and Merrimack was that two years ago we had an ENORMOUS amount of 1-goal losses. last year he was able to turn those around in the other direction.

Then again..Army isn't Dennehy

@SalvucciM

Comment

Didn't see an alumni thread so posting here. Jon Rheault has been a star in the Young Stars rookie tournament (see end of article as well) - http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va...102887639.html

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
            Didn't see an alumni thread so posting here. Jon Rheault has been a star in the Young Stars rookie tournament (see end of article as well) - http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va...102887639.html
            Glad to hear it. He is a great kid from a great family!
            Providence College
            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
              Thanks for the post - would be great to see another Friar get some possible NHL time this year....

Regarding camps, saw that Fayne and Taormina are at the Devils camp.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Just our luck the wrong coach left
                Moore probably had gotten a close look at young Army at captains practices and realized he didn't want to answer all the questions or be a part of coach Tim's prized recruit.

Comment

And no matter what the kid does it will hang over his head and that is not fair to him

Comment

Rheault is in the lineup tonight - check http://youngstars.insinc.com/ at 10:30pm EST.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                      ooh I misread what you meant by "winning 1 game after January 16th". I thought you meant collectively over two years, as opposed to the one-win after jan. 16th per year.

either way, you're right, it's a scary statistic. Although I did notice that there were a lot of OT losses late in the season last year...perhaps they can figure out a way to turn them into wins..or at least picking up a point with a tie.

I know a big thing with Dennehy and Merrimack was that two years ago we had an ENORMOUS amount of 1-goal losses. last year he was able to turn those around in the other direction.

Then again..Army isn't Dennehy

I agree

A lifetime head coaching record of 49-136-22 is world class. Going 3-28-3 at Fairfield and having the program fold is world class. Losing 8-1 goal games last year is world class. Having a stretch last year of 1-10 is world class. One playoff appearance in 6 years is world class. Having a road record of 4-14-1 is jerry york like.
                      Losing 12 road games to start the season is world class.

Last 3 years the program has had losses of 18, 21 and 19/ Great improvement, world class.

Army has 58 wins in previous 5 years, 9 more than MC coach who has had his team for 6 years.

Not saying PC is happy where they are but come on , dont be a lapdog and raise the bar a hair pal. Optimism is great but dont trash other orgs when you are no better off.
                      Last edited by Hokydad; 09-15-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Army has 58 wins in previous 5 years, 9 more than MC coach who has had his team for 6 years.
                        And you ought to be winning more games at PC than Merrimack. The fact you're now comparing the two tells you everything about how far this program has sunk since Army took over.

Comment

I know that someone should be hanged for even suggesting that PC and Merrimack are on the same level, but you guys forget that there are now 15 years worth of fans and alums who have seen this team do nothing save for Pooley's second year and a one-and-done in the NCAAs in 2001. For anyone not following PC hockey, this team has been irrelevant for closer to 25.

25 YEARS.

It's not about a change. It's about getting back to the old days. Back to basics.
                          Providence College '03
                          Michigan State University College of Law '07
                          Fantasy College Hockey Champion: 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            I agree

Not saying PC is happy where they are but come on , dont be a lapdog and raise the bar a hair pal.
                            You edited your post and STILL couldn't make any sense. Dope.

We all know that you NEVER attended any one of the HE schools. You're too dumb. Now run along and troll elsewhere. The weather is still nice enough for you to try to lure kids to your candy van. Remember, "they're all good kids" (if they don't tell their parents what you are really up to Hokydud)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                              And you ought to be winning more games at PC than Merrimack. The fact you're now comparing the two tells you everything about how far this program has sunk since Army took over.

Was not comparing the two. Simply responding to the guy who came to a PC thread and was bragging about how much better MC coach was vs PC's.

Simply not true. Straight up, PC has 9 more wins in 5 years than MC coach does in 6 in same elague with together OC schedule.

MC is doing fine but saying they dont lose one goal games when they lost 8 last year, were brutal on the road, 4-15-1. Good coaches win on the road and not jsut home.

PC has some positives.
                              Best penalty kill in Hockey East, fewest goals given up in Hockey East, 4th best scoring D in Hockey East, 2nd lowest penalty minutes. These stats show good discipline on all fronts, strong tending and D. They have goalie back and ton of returning players.

Comment

Originally posted by seanpc03 View Post
                                I know that someone should be hanged for even suggesting that PC and Merrimack are on the same level, but you guys forget that there are now 15 years worth of fans and alums who have seen this team do nothing save for Pooley's second year and a one-and-done in the NCAAs in 2001. For anyone not following PC hockey, this team has been irrelevant for closer to 25.

25 YEARS.

It's not about a change. It's about getting back to the old days. Back to basics.
                                agreed and I doubt they are happy. But I cant see how MC can be having a ticker tape parade when they have never done well since they moved to D 1 many, many years ago. I doubt they want to hang their hat on winning at the D 2 level or winning the season series with Salem State or UML when they were D 2 also. Its safe to say since they both made the move, UML has had much more success and bragging rights over their old rival MC.

Comment

Working...
                                X