Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    where does hokydad actually live? jw.
    In between BU defenseman David Warsofsky's butt cheeks.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      ok

back to the closet for you, where you belong
      You still didn't explain why you can't put together a coherent post.

BTW thank you for proving me right about you being on this site 24/7. LOL AT YOU!!!! Trolling the threads at 3:35 am proves that you have no life. LOSER!!!!

I guess your evening at the Ramrod kept you out a bit too late. Be sure to tell the Gimp to be gentle with you, you're no spring chickenhawk anymore.

Comment

Hey, sad news sorta related to PC hockey....rising PC junior Brendan Frail passed away this morning. He was the Men's Ice Hockey chair of the Friar Faithful organization and he was at pretty much every game. He was a really nice kid and his presence will definitely be missed. RIP.
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Hey, sad news sorta related to PC hockey....rising PC junior Brendan Frail passed away this morning. He was the Men's Ice Hockey chair of the Friar Faithful organization and he was at pretty much every game. He was a really nice kid and his presence will definitely be missed. RIP.
          I can't adequately express how sorry I am to hear about the passing of someone in what should be some of the greatest years of life.

My prayers and best thoughts go out to the Frail family and his friends. I wish them all the peace and comfort possible in this difficult time. I also thank Brendan for all his efforts in trying to help drum up support for the hockey program and PC athletics.

No parent should have to endure this and my heart goes out to them especially.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I can't adequately express how sorry I am to hear about the passing of someone in what should be some of the greatest years of life.

My prayers and best thoughts go out to the Frail family and his friends. I wish them all the peace and comfort possible in this difficult time. I also thank Brendan for all his efforts in trying to help drum up support for the hockey program and PC athletics.

No parent should have to endure this and my heart goes out to them especially.
            well, put............kinda puts everything in perspective huh? my condolences and may God bless him and his family

Comment

91 you said it all....I too feel the pain as a parent.....may he rest in peace

Comment

Very sorry to hear this sad news.
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Is there a chance we might see some Fin's on the roster in the next couple of years.

Aug. 24, 2010 - From Friars.com

Less than a week removed from leading the 2010 U.S. Under-18 Select Hockey Team to a second-place finish Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in Piestany, Slovakia, Providence College Head Coach Tim Army returned to Europe on Thursday, August 19. Army travelled to Finland and interacted with many different coaches and made presentations.

Comment

haha now only if he can find the finnish version of gustav nyquist and we'll be set!
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by gofriars View Post
                      Is there a chance we might see some Fin's on the roster in the next couple of years.
                      If you're going to recruit fish, I'd suggest starting with black whales and white sharks.

Comment

This years roster is now up on friars.com

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...ockey-mtt.html

Besides some uniform number changes, no real news.

Comment

Russ Stein
                          Hobbies: Golf, going to the beach, hockey

REALLY!? you're a d1 hockey player and hockey is one of your hobbies?! you don't say....

Comment

FYI - From Sunday's Globe, Hopefully Cody Wild may see some time with the big club this season:

Wild ready to contribute
                            Consider the Bruins’ 2-1 road win over Toronto last April as a worst-case scenario. Stuart and Andrew Ference are unavailable because of injuries. Dennis Seidenberg goes out in the first period after slicing a tendon in his left arm. That’s why teams require defensive depth, and that’s why the Bruins have targeted players such as Cody Wild. The former Providence College defenseman, acquired from Edmonton for Matt Marquardt at last year’s trade deadline, doesn’t project to be on the big league roster when the puck drops on the 2010-11 season in Prague (Adam McQuaid looks like the strongest candidate to be the No. 7 blue liner). But the 23-year-old Wild should be prominent for Providence coach Rob Murray. In 18 games last season, the North Providence native recorded three assists for the P-Bruins. Pending his AHL performance, Wild could be in the mix for a promotion if and when injuries strike. “He’s certainly got a great deal of talent,’’ said Tim Army, Wild’s college coach. “As he continues to progress as a pro, the conditioning piece, along with the diligence necessary of any player to play without the puck, are still evolving. If he can progress in those areas, that will allow him to continue to find his way as a pro defenseman. That would certainly put him in consideration of ultimately playing at the NHL level.’’

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                              FYI - From Sunday's Globe, Hopefully Cody Wild may see some time with the big club this season:

Wild ready to contribute
                              “He’s certainly got a great deal of talent,’’ said Tim Army, Wild’s college coach. “As he continues to progress as a pro, the conditioning piece, along with the diligence necessary of any player to play without the puck, are still evolving. If he can progress in those areas, that will allow him to continue to find his way as a pro defenseman. That would certainly put him in consideration of ultimately playing at the NHL level.’’
                              This is a perfect example of "****ing someone with faint praise". Either Army has an ax to grind here, or he is clueless about how to promote his athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                                This is a perfect example of "****ing someone with faint praise". Either Army has an ax to grind here, or he is clueless about how to promote his athletes.
                                Army is a joke. Timmy was caught talking out both sides of his mouth (shocker) when when Cody left PC early.
                                I believe his exact quote to the team after Cody left was " F@#% Cody. We don't need Cody." This came minutes after singing a different tune to Cody's face when the two met face to face.

Army is a fraud and his tenure as coach at PC has been an absolute joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X