Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    I understand they are not allowed to scrimage the Girls team
    Coach nutty and his public school cementheads hand out too many desevrings.

We really need to bring back UnhCat07 on this thread.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      You have to hit rock bottom and you cant have a comeback if you are not behind.
      Thanks for the pep talk now go troll elsewhere.

This past season you were saying it could be worse but now you are saying that the program has hit rock bottom.

You just make crap up to suit your purpose. No wonder why everyone treats you like a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
        I truly, sincerely hope PC gets a clue, dispatches Driscoll and starts over with a new athletic department and somebody that actually knows what they're doing. And people working there who seemingly care about making a night at Schneider a pleasant, upbeat experience instead of them acting like they're doing you a favor by unlocking the gates.

The hockey program has so many issues it's not worth regurgitating them over and over as we've done...at least for me, my view has gone from anger to frustration and now sadness and indifference.

It's a shame.
        When taken to task by certain posters like our old friend in South Boston a few years ago or more lately Hokydad, I always said it is better for a team to have passionate fans that engage in discussion that inlcudes criticism than to have fans who are indifferent. Hockeyman, you summed up my view in these paragraphs. I started attending regularly in 1980-81 and have had season tickets since 1981-82. I continued to support the team even after moving 150 miles away five years ago. I purchased my season tix and made the effort to travel to Providence for as many home games as possible and even to a number of road games. Alas, with the sorry state of the school's athletic program I too could not be motivated to continue. I am one of the indifferent.

It occured to me somewhere over the spring and summer that the only reason I check this thread now is to connect with my good hockey friends made through the years of supporting the Friars. I no longer have the energy to engage in any discussion about being hopeful, wearing rose colored glasses or looking for a comeback. I'm now turning to new avenues to enjoy hockey locally and nationally.

Comment

the reason they're refusing to release joe young from his LOI is because there's substantial evidence of tampering by his father, who works for the University of Houston's basketball team (i'm pretty sure). Joe's stock went waaaay up after he signed the LOI, and his father is on record of saying that "we're looking to get a way out of this" long before the "sick aunt" excuse came around. the friars are right to call BS on this one, even if it sounds horrible. if joe young didn't want to go to PC, he wouldn't have signed. we haven't actually heard anything FROM joe, just his father. it's pretty suspicious.

i think the definition of rock bottom was the senior night game. 5-0 loss to MERRIMACK!? gaaaaaaah. let's just hope we beat UAH this season.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

oh and they can't scrimmage the girl's team because they'd probably lose.
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

PC13 from what I have been told, from high ranking people involved, you are 100% correct about Joe.......Dad is fully involved and he is trying to make PC take a hit they don't deserve.......Joe was not recruited by ANYONE until PC signed him and he had a good year......as for the Girls team I think you could be right there too !!!!

Comment

the friars are right to call BS on this one, even if it sounds horrible
                The problem for PC is that nobody is giving them the benefit of the doubt -- as well they shouldn't, not after everything else that's gone wrong this past year. Ultimately whether they're right to pursuit it or not, whether the kid is being honest or not, they're stuck with a kid who doesn't want to go there. And that's not something a program in PC's position ought to be going after at this point in time. They've taken enough bad PR, press, and probable hits to both attendance and donating that it's only adding insult to injury.
                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 08-21-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Thanks for the pep talk now go troll elsewhere.

This past season you were saying it could be worse but now you are saying that the program has hit rock bottom.

You just make crap up to suit your purpose. No wonder why everyone treats you like a troll.
                  Never said it hit rock bottom. Based upon the few season ticket holders at PC, both of who bought theirs again, they said you are not even close to being the voice, moral compas(closet) or anthing outside a spectacle at the games. No wonder everyone treats you like a leper.
                  Last edited by Hokydad; 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

No wonder everyone treats you like a leper.
                    You must have been sitting in a rink stall, where you get all of your inside information, peeking out at the mirror when you came up with this one.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hokydad;4845348 Based upon the few season ticket holders at PC, both of who bought theirs again, they said you are not even close to being the voice, moral compas(closet) or anthing outside a spectacle at the games. [/QUOTE]

I shouldn't say "ANTHING" but I noticed that you edited your post (as you always seem to) and you STILL can't make sense you clown!!!! "compas(closet)" ????? Based on a few, BOTH????? renewed theirs. Here's a hint for you you donkey, both is two while a few is more than two you dumbass!!! English is not your first language is it???

You are ********. Deal with it. Good luck with that GED. I see that the off season sure hasn't made you any brighter.

I thought that you getting knocked around on all the other threads all summer would have made you either witty or wise heading into the new season. Sadly, it did neither. Either step up your game dumbass or troll another thread. TTFN you donkey.....

Comment

Easy 91 or he will cry and its off to poster jail you go !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                          Easy 91 or he will cry and its off to poster jail you go !!!!!
                          Nah, that will never happen again. The mods are on to this clown. Just read his posts.

He trolls almost every thread like he's got some inside info on EVERYTHING but he constantly gets slapped around, tooled on or exposed as a windbag.

Most would give up if they got made fun of as often as the Hokydud but he keeps egging people on and taking his lumps. Too stupid to see that we are laughing at him not with him.

It's sad but being the USCHO village idiot seems to be his only interaction. He's on here 24/7.
                          I'm sure that his wife and kids LOVE the fact that he occupied for hours. Can you imagine having to live with this guy? Always spouting crap then recanting once he's called out. His wife must drink more than a Kennedy and his kid tells everyone his/her dad died overseas to avoid embarrassment !!!!

Sad. Very sad.

Comment

where does hokydad actually live? jw.

and considering the NCAA denied joe young's appeal i think PC is definitely in the right on this one. they're not the bad guys.

at least we have track to be good at....

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I shouldn't say "ANTHING" but I noticed that you edited your post (as you always seem to) and you STILL can't make sense you clown!!!! "compas(closet)" ????? Based on a few, BOTH????? renewed theirs. Here's a hint for you you donkey, both is two while a few is more than two you dumbass!!! English is not your first language is it???

You are ********. Deal with it. Good luck with that GED. I see that the off season sure hasn't made you any brighter.

I thought that you getting knocked around on all the other threads all summer would have made you either witty or wise heading into the new season. Sadly, it did neither. Either step up your game dumbass or troll another thread. TTFN you donkey.....
                              ok

back to the closet for you, where you belong

Comment

ok

back to the closet for you, where you belong
                                Ooooooooooooooh! Another internet tough guy.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X