Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

well the u-18 team is in the finals...http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...081310aab.html

do his coaching abilities evaporate once players turn 18?
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
      well the u-18 team is in the finals...http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...081310aab.html

do his coaching abilities evaporate once players turn 18?
      Looks like they came in second to Canada. Though its still the highest finish in this tourney for the US in years. Hopefully Army made a good connection with some of the players on the team who haven't picked a school yet, and we can maybe snag a few good recruits...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
        Looks like they came in second to Canada. Though its still the highest finish in this tourney for the US in years. Hopefully Army made a good connection with some of the players on the team who haven't picked a school yet, and we can maybe snag a few good recruits...
        Unfortunately we know how they'd turn out if he actually coached them for more than a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gofriars View Post
          Is this an omen for 2010-2011? Info from nahl.com web site.
          Don't worry he followed up the 1-0 loss in the final with some of his familiar quotes,
          "Our guys gave it everything they had today," said Tim Army, head coach of the U.S. Under-18 Select Team. "We couldn't have asked for anything more from these players, who really came together in a short period of time and played well against tough international competition all week."

Comment

He has not had enough time to ruin these kids and the assistant coaches can yell a bit without the fear of job loss, so the kids do have a good buffer.....does his laptop work in Europe ???

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: P.T. Barnum was right.... THERE'S ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE!!!

I just renewed my hockey season tickets but I didn't renew the basketball season tickets. So I'm only a half a sucker.

Comment

haha i'm not getting basketball season tickets this year either. nooo thankyou.
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I've never looked forward to a regular season less since... well, the last one.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Dropped my tix, I have seen enough.....zero integrity at the school and zero confidence in the entire athletic department

Comment

Satyking is right -- there is no integrity there, and right now I find it utterly impossible to pull for PC's athletic programs. Driscoll is an absolute fool as witnessed by the entire bouncyball off-season and now the news they want to legally uphold this Texas kid's letter of intent even though he a) has a sick aunt needing, what, a heart transplant? and b) he doesn't want to come here. Nice job guys, let's keep spreading the positive vibes after the senseless, brutal beating and the other player who fed booze and drugs (and god knows what else) to visiting recruits. Seriously, is there ANYTHING Driscoll can do that makes an ounce of common sense? What kind of bubble is he living in over there?

As Freds and I talked about before, I didn't go to PC, but I grew up at Schneider watching the hockey team and have always been a Friar fan. I was in North Dakota for the Frozen Four as a kid in '83 and loved watching Terreri break the all-time saves record (at the time) during the consolation game win over Minnesota. I've been to playoff games, Frozen Fours, the like -- and sadly my allegiance has been tested too much.

I realize the staunch PC kool-aid drinkers will try and spin what's going on in some kind of positive light, but I simply can't root for them anymore. I know Hokydad will say "go and support the kids" -- but you know, I'm not a parent, and attending Division 1 hockey games isn't a charity event. I'll spend my money elsewhere as I've done for several seasons now. I don't think the long-term direction of turning around this program lies with either the current administration or the coach, so until those elements change, I fail to see the sense in supporting either of them. (That said, I don't blame local fans for going -- it's still a cheap ticket and it's fun to see other teams. But living 40 minutes away now, I'd rather save the gas and use Directv instead to watch other, better games from around the country).

I truly, sincerely hope PC gets a clue, dispatches Driscoll and starts over with a new athletic department and somebody that actually knows what they're doing. And people working there who seemingly care about making a night at Schneider a pleasant, upbeat experience instead of them acting like they're doing you a favor by unlocking the gates.

The hockey program has so many issues it's not worth regurgitating them over and over as we've done...at least for me, my view has gone from anger to frustration and now sadness and indifference.

It's a shame.
                      Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...50#post4843750

I'm trying to think of programs in crappier shape, and the only one I can think of is UAH. *shudder*

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                          Satyking is right -- there is no integrity there, and right now I find it utterly impossible to pull for PC's athletic programs. Driscoll is an absolute fool as witnessed by the entire bouncyball off-season and now the news they want to legally uphold this Texas kid's letter of intent even though he a) has a sick aunt needing, what, a heart transplant? and b) he doesn't want to come here. Nice job guys, let's keep spreading the positive vibes after the senseless, brutal beating and the other player who fed booze and drugs (and god knows what else) to visiting recruits. Seriously, is there ANYTHING Driscoll can do that makes an ounce of common sense? What kind of bubble is he living in over there?

As Freds and I talked about before, I didn't go to PC, but I grew up at Schneider watching the hockey team and have always been a Friar fan. I was in North Dakota for the Frozen Four as a kid in '83 and loved watching Terreri break the all-time saves record (at the time) during the consolation game win over Minnesota. I've been to playoff games, Frozen Fours, the like -- and sadly my allegiance has been tested too much.

I realize the staunch PC kool-aid drinkers will try and spin what's going on in some kind of positive light, but I simply can't root for them anymore. I know Hokydad will say "go and support the kids" -- but you know, I'm not a parent, and attending Division 1 hockey games isn't a charity event. I'll spend my money elsewhere as I've done for several seasons now. I don't think the long-term direction of turning around this program lies with either the current administration or the coach, so until those elements change, I fail to see the sense in supporting either of them. (That said, I don't blame local fans for going -- it's still a cheap ticket and it's fun to see other teams. But living 40 minutes away now, I'd rather save the gas and use Directv instead to watch other, better games from around the country).

I truly, sincerely hope PC gets a clue, dispatches Driscoll and starts over with a new athletic department and somebody that actually knows what they're doing. And people working there who seemingly care about making a night at Schneider a pleasant, upbeat experience instead of them acting like they're doing you a favor by unlocking the gates.

The hockey program has so many issues it's not worth regurgitating them over and over as we've done...at least for me, my view has gone from anger to frustration and now sadness and indifference.

It's a shame.
                          You have to hit rock bottom and you cant have a comeback if you are not behind.

Look for good things from the friars

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            You have to hit rock bottom and you cant have a comeback if you are not behind.

Look for good things from the friars
                            Is this a repost from '08 or '09? Both? I'm trying to remember. lol.
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 08-20-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure how much further we can sink. Lose the Mayor's Cup? Not sweep BGSU? Help me out here...

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I understand they are not allowed to scrimage the Girls team

Comment

Working...
                                X