Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

If this season is remotely like the last two you will need those drinks BEFORE the puck is dropped and a boost during the games

I did e-mail the AD with no response, did anyone else send him a note ???

Comment

We could emulate Star Trek fans and have conventions where we all dress up like Chris Terreri or Jason Platt and do impersonations of the PA announcer.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        We could emulate Star Trek fans and have conventions where we all dress up like Chris Terreri or Jason Platt and do impersonations of the PA announcer.
        Can we use a 100000000000000 gigawatt PA system to do it?
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
          Can we use a 100000000000000 gigawatt PA system to do it?
          It's not authentic otherwise.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

With strobe lights and one of those mirror balls over the coaches head

Comment

I can't find my rose colored glasses. Does anybody remember where I left them?

Comment

Hokeydad borrowed them

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  I can't find my rose colored glasses. Does anybody remember where I left them?
                  HM2000 confiscated all of them and gave them to cav in exchange for Pirates merchandise.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Is this an omen for 2010-2011? Info from nahl.com web site.

U18's down Czechs at Hlinka tournament
                    August 9, 2010

The U.S. Under-18 Select Team defeated the Czech Republic, 3-2, in Breclav, Czech Republic, today in the opening game of the 2010 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. Cason Hohmann (Plymouth, Mich.) paced Team USA with a pair of points (1-1), while U.S. goalie Jay Williams (McLean, Va.) made 18 saves in the win.

"We had a great tempo, with good speed and energy throughout the game," said Tim Army, head coach of the U.S. Under-18 Select Team. "We were more disciplined and our penalty killing was excellent."

Alex Broadhurst (New Lenox, Ill.) gave Team USA a 1-0 lead 7:30 into the first period. With the two teams playing four-on-four, Broadhurst and John Gaudreau (Carney's Point, N.J.) flew up the ice, creating a two-on-one rush. Gaudreau made a backhand pass across the slot, after deking Czech goaltender Jaroslav Pavelka, and Broadhurst slipped the puck into the open net.

After the Czech Republic tied the game, 1-1, the U.S. regained the advantage just over two minutes into the second period. Hohmann passed the puck from the corner to Tanner Sorenson (Anchorage, Alaska) behind the net. Sorenson then fed a pass to Vincent Trocheck (Birmingham, Mich.), who let go a wrist shot high to the glove side for the score.

Team USA increased its lead to 3-1 midway through the third period at the 10:06 mark. After Craig Duininck's (Plymouth, Mich.) shot from the boards was blocked, Hohmann knocked the rebound out of the air and into the net for the eventual game-winning goal.

The Czech Republic scored a power-play goal just 1:26 later, but the U.S. held on for the win.

The U.S. Under-18 Select Team will return to action tomorrow (Aug. 10) against Russia, at 9:30 a.m. EDT in Breclav, Czech Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by gofriars View Post
                      Is this an omen for 2010-2011?
                      Yes!!!! It most certainly is an omen for 2010-2011.

Tim has FINALLY learned not to scapegoat players or alienate the different classes of players against one another and he will be bringing the entire U18 Select team to Schneider next season once they sign their letters of intent to play for him at PC.

Nah, it just means that the U18 played well in their first game of the tournament. Good job and a fine start to what should be a good overall result for the kids.

Comment

Story on salaries at PC. Coach is not list as over $300,000.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/hoops-c...%99s-best-paid
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

And the Hockey guy gets $313000 for a job poorly done.....imagine what he would get if he did the job well

Comment

keno davis gets almost 140,000 per player arrest! (or big east win...it's so unfortunate that both of those numbers are the same)
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              And the Hockey guy gets $313000 for a job poorly done.....imagine what he would get if he did the job well
                              Hired by a more competent school?

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The excitement that is building for this coming season is ____________. (Fill in the blank)

Comment

Working...
                                X