Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

driscoll is a tool. whenever he talks he reminds me of those war propaganda speakers who claim that "everything is fine" when the rest of the world is clearly aware that everything is falling apart. PC athletics (minus the track team!) have fallen apart in the last few years. i can't believe the basketball program was EVER a final four team.
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
      i can't believe the hockey program was EVER a final four team.
      Fixed your post.

Comment

1. Which basketball player got in trouble now??
        2. I'm not a fan of those new jerseys. At all. I really like the skating friar ones and I hope they don't change the design.
        3. The hockey players are good people, and I feel really bad that nobody goes to the games or supports them. They all can't stand their coach and I really wish someone in the athletic department would listen to them.

Should be an interesting season.
        1. Kadeem Batts, http://www.projo.com/pc/content/PC_F...2.1fc6fef.html
        2. Those jerseys look like the Coliseum ones that they create for every Division I school so I wouldn't take much stock in them.
        3. I wholeheartedly agree. I studied at Merrimack my freshman year, 2004-05, when they were just an absolutely awful squad. The hockey players were some of the worst people I have ever met in my life when I transfered to PC it was like night and day as each player I got to know was a great individual.

Comment

Fire Driscoll!
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Todays ProJo the hockey guy says he is going after the new play in games in the NCAA basketball tourney and regional hockey along with the Hockey East tourney........how about going after a decent team in either sport

Comment

got this quote from driscoll in one of the articles...“He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the players all have clear, concise rules that Keno and I have shared with them on many occasions. We have a curfew. We have a rule — no clubs, no bars.”

...this is easily the funniest thing i've ever read...all the bball players do is go to bars. the first time i ever saw johnnie lacy was at olds...and i had a class with him (supposedly. i never saw him there.). they have NO control over the players, and it's upsetting to think that they get to go to my school for free.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Todays ProJo the hockey guy says he is going after the new play in games in the NCAA basketball tourney and regional hockey along with the Hockey East tourney........how about going after a decent team in either sport
                The Hockey East tourney was great here back in the '80s. Granted if it returns there's little chance PC themselves will be involved, but hockey fans have historically loved Providence as venue and I think the event has grown stale up in Boston, as declining attendance illustrates. It's probably the first good idea he's had in a long while, lol, though I'm betting it's actually not his idea. Maine and UNH fans travel, I could see them coming down in larger numbers since Providence is a bit more accessible and "user friendly" so to speak than Boston.

Re: The NCAA hockey regionals -- I'm not crazy about the regional set-up as it currently exists, attendance has been down almost everywhere and yet the ticket price remains high for what you are getting. If they go back to 2 regional sites I'd be all for it, but I can't say I'd attend even locally if they keep it in the 3-game set-up with premium ticket prices (and Providence had the highest ticket price of them all the last time it was here as I recall we discussing back then). That would have to change for it to be a draw, especially in this climate.

Hoops though is a draw, and Providence has a lot of interest to sustain NCAA games. Even bringing 2 play-in games would likely do very well here.
                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 07-26-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

got this quote from driscoll in one of the articles...“He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the players all have clear, concise rules that Keno and I have shared with them on many occasions. We have a curfew. We have a rule — no clubs, no bars.”

...this is easily the funniest thing i've ever read...all the bball players do is go to bars. the first time i ever saw johnnie lacy was at olds...and i had a class with him (supposedly. i never saw him there.). they have NO control over the players, and it's upsetting to think that they get to go to my school for free.
                  Translation - so it's no big deal but we have rules and he violated them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman2000
                    it's just ugly. Really is.
                    If there's a word beyond ugly, that's the word for this. This is quite the rebuilding job...

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    The only person on this board trashed close to PC's coach last year was proably Whitehead. Maine started out 4-7-1 and were getting slammed, after a few wins he became a genius.
                    Somewhere, Walt Kyle and Jame Russell are laughing.

Knowing Maine fans, they were never too enthused with Whitehead, they were just less grouchy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

so far they've got PC vs UVM and PC bball vs Bentley scheduled at the same time, and PC vs Maine and PC bball vs URI scheduled at the same time, and PC vs Quinnipiac and PC bball vs Alabama at the same time.

...does the athletic dept want any of the students to go to hockey games? i can't believe the put PC vs URI at the same time as a hockey game.

Comment

so far they've got PC vs UVM and PC bball vs Bentley scheduled at the same time, and PC vs Maine and PC bball vs URI scheduled at the same time, and PC vs Quinnipiac and PC bball vs Alabama at the same time.

...does the athletic dept want any of the students to go to hockey games? i can't believe the put PC vs URI at the same time as a hockey game.
                        You are still new around here. That has gone on for years.
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Its time for the AD to start directing......e-mail him and tell him what you feel
                          RDRISCOL@providence.edu may not make a bit of difference but he won't be able to say no one asked

Comment

We need to figure out what other aggrieved fanbases do to make themselves heard. Then we rip them off.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

well i know mad fans of the tv show jericho shipped shipped the producers a bunch of peanuts...so should we ship driscoll a bunch of hockey pucks?

Comment

Every time I write on this board I seem to post something about friends of friars, but seeing as it may be another long season I think it might be necessary to have drink or two at these games. Has anyone heard anything about whether it will be open again and how much it will cost. I still am on the fence for renewing my season tickets, and FOF might make the decision for me. Seeing as I did end up buying passes last year, only for it to eventually open its doors to everyone due to licensing issues, I think I'm entitled to something this year. If FOF does become private once again, I'm hoping to get free passes or at least 2 for the price of 1 type deal. Then again we are dealing with the pc athletic dept, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
                                X